L2850 3 point won't raise

tractorproJohn

Equipment
L2850 with a BF500 Loader
Jul 28, 2019
River Oaks, TX
3 point will only raise when loader bucket is in the curled position, anyone have a clue on what tol do or how to fix this? Thanks in advance, John

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
3 point will only raise when loader bucket is in the curled position, anyone have a clue on what tol do or how to fix this? Thanks in advance, John
Has someone worked on it or was the loader put on recently?

Sound like lines are swapped.

tractorproJohn

Equipment
Jul 28, 2019
River Oaks, TX
l2850 3point will not raise unless loader bucket is in the curl up position lines all appear to be hooked up correctly same as my friends 2850any suggestions

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
See below attachment of hydraulic block from owners manual. Remember a few threads with similar symptom if control screw on hydraulic block is in-between c and o and not pointing at c like it should be with FEL attached. May or may not be your answer but worth checking.

L2850 hydraulic block.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use the selector on the hydraulic block that wgator pointed out to isolate the issue.

One direction will send fluid to the loader valve and the three point, the other direction will only send fluid to the three point.

Report back what happens.

tractorproJohn

Equipment
Jul 28, 2019
River Oaks, TX
Use the selector on the hydraulic block that wgator pointed out to isolate the issue.

One direction will send fluid to the loader valve and the three point, the other direction will only send fluid to the three point.

Report back what happens.
when i move the block valve control screw to off poshion this should put fluid going to 3 point only correct ,,,then noyhing works 3 point or loader ,, the only way 3 point will work is to turn block valve on &put the 2 --3 point control levers(right side of seat)to the rear of the tractor & curl the bucket up it raises great ,,with good power & streanth,,the valve under the seat appears to work correctly,that controles how fast the 3 point lowers down,, thats about all i know to say !!thanks so much for your helpmy computer skills arnt the greatest so please bear with me ! thanks T P JOHN

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I need you to take a picture of the valve block and lines and line to and from the loader valve.

It really sounds like there is an issue with the attached line connections.

The three point should work if you remove the loader from the equation.

If you have problems PM or email me (click on my name in red) and you can send me pictures directly.