L245dt Front End Loader Hyd pump driveshaft

TractorBill

Equipment
L245DT W/Loader L1700
Aug 28, 2010
Milford, NJ, USA
The back half of the shaft assy for external hyd pump for FEL on a L245DT is stripped of it's teeth. I'm looking for a used part or suggestions to get this operating again. :)

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Mine doesn't have an external pump, it runs off of the tractor hydraulics. Works just fine. Might be an option worth considering if you have trouble fixing what you have now.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
TractorBill,
What MagKarl was talking about is you would take the pump off the system and set it aside and pipe (connect) the plumbing it to the tractors Hydraulic system that is already there.

Now as far as your issue, is the male shaft end stripped or the female shaft end stripped, or both?

And yes pictures of the shafts would help as there is several different possible setups for this.

TractorBill

Equipment
L245DT W/Loader L1700
Aug 28, 2010
Milford, NJ, USA
MagKarl, Here are some photos of the end of the crankshaft, overall shaft assy and inside end of shaft coupler. I interest in hearing what options there are outside of spot welding coupler to crankshaft. Thanks for your imput.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fact that you have set screws on the coupling for the crank side of the coupling helps.
I would get new set screws, and possibly up them a size or two, and if there is no set screw on the opposite side of the coupling, I would put one in there too.
Then I would temporally install the shaft back on the crank, drill one 3/8 hole threw the crank, to pin the shaft to the crank.
Remove the coupling and shaft, clean both sides with brake parts cleaner.
Coat both the shaft and the inside of the coupling with epoxy, reinstall the shaft install and tighten new cross bolt, tighten set screws, let harden for required time. ;)

Last edited:

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello Bill
I repaired a L225 a few year back with a taper lock agreement.I believe we used a 1" taper lock with a chain coupling . The taper lock will lock down on the splines and not spin.You can get these parts at your local bearing supply. The unit we repaired is still in service.The other option is to plumb in to the tractor hydraulics. The loader will work about 3/4 as fast as it does with the front pump.
Good Luck Lance

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Set screws on coupling will help, but i have to (slightly)disagree with wolfman.
Using set screws 180 from each other will only cause them to loosen. 2nd set screw needs to be at 90 degrees from first one. Oversize is good.

The q-type bushing taper lock work very well. Any farm supply should be able to provide you with what you need. A weld on hub with a taper lock bushing is what you will need, cut off chewed part of hub and weld new one in its place.

Last edited:

TractorBill

Equipment
L245DT W/Loader L1700
Aug 28, 2010
Milford, NJ, USA
Hello Bill
I repaired a L225 a few year back with a taper lock agreement.I believe we used a 1" taper lock with a chain coupling . The taper lock will lock down on the splines and not spin.You can get these parts at your local bearing supply. The unit we repaired is still in service.The other option is to plumb in to the tractor hydraulics. The loader will work about 3/4 as fast as it does with the front pump.
Good Luck Lance
Hi Lance

How would it be plumbed off the tractor hydraulics? Can't find anything that would show where to plumb it into.
Thanks Bill

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On a L245 to tap into the hydraulic system, you would need to get the adapter block the bolts on and allows you to tap into the hydraulics.

Attachments

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello Bill
You will need a special aluminum block that is drilled for fitting that replaces the existing block on you tractor. The new block will have and in and out to you loader valve . You just run hydraulic hoses from the block to the loader valve.If you send me a PM I can supply you with a kit with every thing to do this.
Good Luck Lance

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
PM= Private Message :

Left click on 007kubotaguy name in orange on the left and it will give you the option to PM him.

The when he PM's you back you will get a message up on the right top:

Attachments

Last edited: