L2250 tires help

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
I would have a set of AG wheels for the front. I see you're in Southern California I'm in central california. Send me a message if interested.

Anthony250f

Jun 4, 2023
San Diego
Different engine on your L2250. Your tractor is the direct predecessor to my L2350.
What’s odd though is online it lists a spin on for my engine

also when I checked it out mine ONLY had the filter and the spacer. In this parts diagram. Don’t know how important the other two missing parts are here circled in red

it also has a pretty good hydraulic leak around the rear axle. Not sure if it’s worth chasing it down.
IMG_6236.jpeg
IMG_6235.jpeg

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
No problems with that large of a front tire/wheel??
Its the correct size for the front differential gear ratio which needs to closely match the rear (if in 4WD).

No, no problems. Factory spec for MY tractor .

IF your L2250 is not 4WD...then choose whatever you like.

Anthony250f

Jun 4, 2023
San Diego
Its the correct size for the front differential gear ratio which needs to closely match the rear (if in 4WD).

No, no problems. Factory spec for MY tractor .

IF your L2250 is not 4WD...then choose whatever you like.
I looked up the specs for your tractor and it says online it should have the same 9.5-24 rear and 6-14 front which is the same mine calls for. So sounds like 11.2-24 rear and 7-16 front should work out for mine too

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I looked up the specs for your tractor and it says online it should have the same 9.5-24 rear and 6-14 front which is the same mine calls for. So sounds like 11.2-24 rear and 7-16 front should work out for mine too
For an R1 type tire (rolling circumference) the specs I provided are correct and should work fine on your tractor. Has worked fine on mine for 28 yrs.

It has been discussed before.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I suggest that you clean the underside of the tractor with a pressure washer to get all that grime off, and that will give you a better idea of what is leaking and how bad the leak is. It will also lessen the chance that your tractor will go up in smoke. I learned early in life that if you have to wrench on something you want it to be clean so you can clearly see what you are doing and you will not be contaminating the inside when you remove a part. Think of yourself as the surgeon and the tractor is your patient that you are operating on. No room for excuses or mistakes.

Anthony250f

Jun 4, 2023
San Diego
I suggest that you clean the underside of the tractor with a pressure washer to get all that grime off, and that will give you a better idea of what is leaking and how bad the leak is. It will also lessen the chance that your tractor will go up in smoke. I learned early in life that if you have to wrench on something you want it to be clean so you can clearly see what you are doing and you will not be contaminating the inside when you remove a part. Think of yourself as the surgeon and the tractor is your patient that you are operating on. No room for excuses or mistakes.
This is after about 30 mins with a pressure washer LOL. Should have seen it before. Zero blue showing. I cleaned it up more and it’s 100% coming from the stud that goes from the transmission to the right side brake case. Unfortunately that means I have to split the cases and reseal.
The oil pan leaks a bit too.