Kubota emulator

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
So your theory is that Kubota built an emulator to defeat the emissions system, but, still has a lifetime warranty on the emission system(when they could of eliminated it)? Yet the emulator failed and Kubota wants to charge to fix it???? Also VW did not build the ECM they just programmed it, Bosch built the ECM and verified it could support the bypass feature((that VW provided and Bosch did QA on it))(Followed this very closely as an auto tech with a few TDI's) Bosch was involved as I got the check copy to prove it.
Funny guy. Looks like this is your theory. You ignored the first two words of the first sentence.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Since you bought the tractor new from a dealer I would contact the dealer and get them involved in the solution. Apparently they, someone who they hired, installed the device by a complete harness which is different from the same models found else ware. they need to come up with an answer and if they can't/ won't I would contact Kubota Corporate and get them involved.

There is no sense installing an illegal device on your machine. You raise enough ruckus and have the paperwork showing where, when, who you purchased the tractor from and Kubota may want to purchase that machine back.

Reactions: 1 user

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Something about reading this sounds fishy. Especially if the op bought it new in 2014 from the dealer with only transport hours.

Had you had any issues with the emissions in the past that maybe the dealer put this emulator on to solve the issue??
You also quoted 2400 from kubota. What’s the oem part or parts numbers for that invoice?
ive only herd of emulators to delete and pretty sure it’s a no no from the laws eyes I find it hard to believe kubota would have anything to do with them on design but possibly a not so honest dealer. If it’s a kubota part then a part number shouldn’t be this hard to get.
I’d pay them the 2400 to fix it and see if they install another emulator or delete Then I’d maybe start the corporate discussion about my tractor. I think if you called the dealer out for it now they are just gonna Say they it wasn’t us. That’s 9 years ago. Looking forward to hearing the ending.
hope you get it figured out but most of all I hope you get your tractor working again.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I undeleted what the OP deleted because there is some value to this thread.
If nothing else it's a warning to others.

This is not a KUBOTA factory part, it was not installed by Kubota Factory, and the possibility that it was installed by a Kubota dealer just baffles my mind as legal ramifications of it are astounding.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
here's a 'similar' of "what were they thinking..."

A local big name trailer manufacturer is asked to repair a boat trailer, slipper spring busted. They replace the slipper springs with 'double eye' springs but WITHOUT the shackles ! The guy painting the trailer asked me why the welds broke on the spring mounts.....he knows I build lots of trailers,none have ever been returned.
sigh...
I just can't understand HOW or WHY a multimillion dollar trailer business didn't install shackles.......
All this company makes/sells/services are TRAILERS...
dbl sigh...

BTW I'm glad you reposted the thread, I spent 1/2hr looking for it,trying to find out WHO added the emulator. It'd be nice to see the engine damage, I'm thinking maybe a fire ?? One thing for sure , I can buy a LOT or wire and connectors for less than the $2400 quoted for the harness. doing one wire at a time, one end then the other, wouldn't take a 1/2 day to repair but you'ld have to have ALL the parts properly on before trying to start it up. It'll be interesting to see how and when the tractor is again 'up and running'.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I was wondering if it melt emulator and harness due to excessive under hood temperatures if the DPF is still installed. Only asking because I know of a person the bought an emulator for his truck but, never did any thing with the exhaust side. Enjoyed better fuel economy for about a month than slowly dropped until the truck would not run. Many times I advised him that the DPF/DOC/SCR are still acclaiming soot just nothing is being done to clean them out. I have no problem with emissions I just wish the EPA/cops would catch and seize the idiots that roll coal. As one of these trucks is worse than 100+ other vehicles in terms of emissions.

Reactions: 1 users

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Can the OP take some pictures of the engine under hood and the wiring harness? Also a good technician can perform repairs to the wiring harness that unless you really studied it you could not tell where or what was repaired. I was once taught that a sign of a good mechanic is that you can not tell what he has fixed. Over the years I have fixed/repaired hundreds of wiring harnesses. Doesn't matter if it was due to rodents, fire, theft, or improper repairs(poor radio installs).

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
thanks wolfman for undeleting this. Looked during the day and was like what happened to the thread. I’m guessing it’s not gonna go much further but good for others to read this.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Can the OP take some pictures of the engine under hood and the wiring harness? Also a good technician can perform repairs to the wiring harness that unless you really studied it you could not tell where or what was repaired. I was once taught that a sign of a good mechanic is that you can not tell what he has fixed. Over the years I have fixed/repaired hundreds of wiring harnesses. Doesn't matter if it was due to rodents, fire, theft, or improper repairs(poor radio installs).
I'm pretty sure the OP will not be back, even though I wish he would.
We would like to help him out the best we can.

He's not happy because we've pointed out that someone has done something that shouldn't have been done.
He's under a false impression that the parts in question are stock part.
Sadly the damage done and it not starting are directly related.
And it's highly unlikely that just replacing the emulator will fix his issue.
He's not going to get help from any reputable dealer because the tractor is now a huge liability.
Altering emissions is a federal crime and the fines for doing it or not reporting it are super steep.

On the other side of the coin, sometimes we got to do what we got to do to keep our equipment running.
If the OP came back and asked some questions and answered some questions we might be able to help him get past this.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Can't read ? Wait until you're 70 like me. that light grey colour 'they' chose for 'time' and 'posting #' is really difficult for my eyes !!!...

as for the 'emulator' idea...it reminds me of....

When I got two STIHL weedwhackers last year,they had sat for 3 years. One kinda started but low RPMs. never had great luck with 2 strokes...I 'googled' and found the problem and the cure.
Seems there's a 'spark arresting screen in the exhaust. You remove, clean, reinstall, runs like NEW !!
I can see how the DPF would perform the same way, choking an engine slowly to death. Dang silly idea.
Never understood why the rolling coal guys get a free ride, or the HD minusmuffker guys either.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I feel sorry for the OP if he didn't install it. I know when I purchased my tractor, I didn't know enough about it (and still don't) to tell you if a part is factory or not. I do have a WSM now, but even then, I have never gone over my whole tractor looking to see if everything matches .

The sad part, IF the dealer did this, you will not get the dealer to admit to it and I believe the OP would have a hard time to prove otherwise.

I hope he/she follows up with the end of the story.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Code:
whois sailternoloji.com
No match for "SAILTERNOLOJI.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: 2023-07-10T13:47:38Z <<<
Looks like your tail light warranty ship has sailed
It is a "k" not a "r" in that web site

Hkb82

Equipment
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Come back Tomjones. Nobody was calling you out or a liar. Sounded like you were lied to yourself from a crummy dealer or service shop. Maybe worried posting about your emissions deleted tractor? With the proper info and pics people on this site can definitely help you out and are more then happy to share their experiences and knowledge.
if everything in your original post is accurate and you indeed did buy that tractor new there’s definitely something very odd going on with it for it to have an emulator installed. I guess if you’d rather not share the outcome or any more information that’s up to you. But pls do

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
……. I have no problem with emissions I just wish the EPA/cops would catch and seize the idiots that roll coal. As one of these trucks is worse than 100+ other vehicles in terms of emissions.
YES! AGREE! And I’m wondering why there’s a big push in my home state to get rid of vehicle inspections…(but not the state fee for it)…. when dangerously outsized tires and wheels sling mud/water up on other traffic diminishing their safe operations… “rolling coal” is another irritation, IMO.

In Texas there exists a program designed to allow citizens to report such vehicles whose owners are notified by mail they can be issued fines/citations. The problem is…. LEO rarely issues those citations (”tickets”).

Im in-favor of a wider participation by all drivers.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
What if LEO’s have these deletes and big tires on their personal vehicles 🤔

what if tax payer owned vehicles had them 😱

Last edited:

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I give you permission to do a citizens arrest. Or call the opposite police/sheriff/ranger/Marshall.

• Haha

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Yea I am back, your moderators do a shitty job. I came here for help not insults. The emulator came on the tractor directly on the wiring harness. The tractor was at the dealers more than at home. Kubota replaced the reformer 3 times. Fine 5 years was up and they refused to cover it any more. The regional told me that the b3350 was the worst tractor they had made. If you want to call people liars and dispute what is being ask and assault people’s word you should keep your ugly comments to yourself. If you want to help me that would be great. For everyone’s info I bought a new tractor and it was not a kubota. I still have mt b3350su and still working on it.

• Wow