Kubota BX2380 Switch does not stop engine.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I really appreciate all the help you orange tractor guys provide. This has to be one of the best tractor forums. I have pulled every fuse, even the 5 amp ones, and checked them with a meter to be sure my old eyes weren't playing tricks on me. I took today off from the frustration of working on the tractor. Tomorrow I will (groan) crawl under it and check out what there is to find. If I don't find anything there I will load it up and drive 60 miles to a dealer. I had an old BX 1500 that wouldn't shut off, but that was easy to find because I could see sparking from a bare spot on a wire that blew fuses. 2 cents worth of electrical tape fixed that one. Thanks so much for taking time to help. Bless all you guys.
Still trying to help…This is the wiring diagram I have for your tractor. Is this the same as you have?

With the meter in your hand we could likely save you some crawling around and a trip to the dealer.

The Village Idiot

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 22, 2021
Waters, Michigan
I have been blessed with a wonderful shop and about every tool anyone should need for normal mechanical work. My shop is warm, dry, and roomy enough for my John Deere 728X (4x4 with cab and heater) and my Kubota BX2380 (with cab and heater). But I do not have a means to lift the tractors much higher than jack stands or wheel ramps and I hate crawling under my tractor..... but I guess I have no choice. And yes I do have LED trouble lights. Now if I can just find my 20 year old body ......

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
this one has been bugging me , and my BX23S is the 'sister to your BX2380.....
Suspects are the OPC timer or the main switch.
To test the main switch, remove the 10 amp fuse(green in post #10). test both fuse posts, with the main switch in the run position. One of the posts will have 12 volts. Now turn main switch off. You should now read zero. This will' confirm/deny' that the main switch is good or bad. If the DVM shows +12/zero with switch on/off...then the switch is good, OPC is bad.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
this one has been bugging me , and my BX23S is the 'sister to your BX2380.....
Suspects are the OPC timer or the main switch.
To test the main switch, remove the 10 amp fuse(green in post #10). test both fuse posts, with the main switch in the run position. One of the posts will have 12 volts. Now turn main switch off. You should now read zero. This will' confirm/deny' that the main switch is good or bad. If the DVM shows +12/zero with switch on/off...then the switch is good, OPC is bad.
Im making a presumption because he didn’t give much info…but presuming everything else on the tractor is shutting down (instrument panel, etc..) then the switch is working. If nothing else was shutting down I suspect he would also be mentioning a dead battery. Also the tractor can be shut down independently of the OPC controller using the key.

C5823B21-5C84-46B2-B01A-108EFD4D1523.jpeg

The functional test of the OPC I mentioned could possibly narrow this down even farther before even getting the meter out.