Kubota B3350SU Discontinued

rancher1524

Equipment
Tractor LX4020 B3350SU
May 11, 2016
Evans, Washington
Went to my local Kubota Dealer in Spokane Washington today. I asked if he had any B3350SU's in stock and he said Kubota discontinued the B3350SU due to problems with the DPF Regeneration System. They have a replacement model but it has not been released yet. Wonder if Kubota will be giving a generous refund for the B3350SU.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Went to my local Kubota Dealer in Spokane Washington today. I asked if he had any B3350SU's in stock and he said Kubota discontinued the B3350SU due to problems with the DPF Regeneration System. They have a replacement model but it has not been released yet. Wonder if Kubota will be giving a generous refund for the B3350SU.
I take it you haven't read much on the B3350's...
Try typing it into the search bar it will enlighten you.

No refunds, no buy backs, and probably very little interest or valve on trade in's for them.
I'm really surprised you haven't had a ton of issues with yours as cold as we are.
If you own a B3350, and haven't taken it into the dealer for service updates, you better get it in and have all the updates done soon on it or your going to end up with an eggplant for a tractor!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The B3350 and B3350SU are still on the Kubota website in the US and I believe one can still buy either but the LX3310 is to replace it shortly.

I hope to see one at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, KY in a couple of weeks

SDT

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
The B3350 is a very problematic machine. Before I understood emissions, my dealer wouldnt even sell me one they are so bad. I was torn between the 2 larger Bs and the 2 smaller Ls.

If you need a 33 horse tractor, I would look no further than the L3301. From what I have read, they are relatively issue free aside from the tac cable breaking, but that is a platform issue more so than model specific.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
It will be interesting to see how many dealers will be willing to take a B3350 in on trade. If they do take it in, what would they do with it?

Kubota will never acknowledge they are being discontinued due to all the problems this model has experienced.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
This is where the march to green really sucks for the consumer.

Gov demands new standards. - OK

Kubota screws up the engineering on this model and the customer eats it. Sure Kubota fixed some of the actual bad components they engineered, but resale and ongoing problems are going to screw the consumer (already are). Added up, there is tons of downtime for owners due to the issue. (8 day average per service at dealer according to my dealer).

Now sh&% happens sure, but why keep selling the same unit that is known to have issues and will cause problems with resale? To me that is just dis-honest. This tells the consumer, sure we usually make good stuff and are really reliable however our newly designed models and our company may leave you hanging.

I think Gore should cover all the bad engineering costs.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I think Gore should cover all the bad engineering costs.
No... our descendants will if we don’t address the issue.... and bad engineering is the responsibility of the company that tries to foist this onto the public.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
.... and bad engineering is the responsibility of the company that tries to foist this onto the public.
100% agreed. As a manufacturer, you decide the markets you want to be in and the redtape that comes with it.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
No... our descendants will if we don***8217;t address the issue.... and bad engineering is the responsibility of the company that tries to foist this onto the public.
Oh please. Look at your machine list. Do you really need all that?

If you were really worried, like Al Gore, you would walk the walk and not simply talk the talk. You could easily replace all of your machines with a team of draft horses and donkey with a cart. It is for our kids after all..

Reactions: 2 users

rancher1524

Equipment
Tractor LX4020 B3350SU
May 11, 2016
Evans, Washington
I take it you haven't read much on the B3350's...
Try typing it into the search bar it will enlighten you.

No refunds, no buy backs, and probably very little interest or valve on trade in's for them.
I'm really surprised you haven't had a ton of issues with yours as cold as we are.
If you own a B3350, and haven't taken it into the dealer for service updates, you better get it in and have all the updates done soon on it or your going to end up with an eggplant for a tractor!
My Kubota has 560 hours and have only had one problem with regeneration. All the updates have been preformed by the dealer. I think most of the problems with the B3350SU is not running them at high enough RPM. I run my tractor above 2000 RPM and never let it idle during use.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
My Kubota has 560 hours and have only had one problem with regeneration. All the updates have been preformed by the dealer. I think most of the problems with the B3350SU is not running them at high enough RPM. I run my tractor above 2000 RPM and never let it idle during use.
I wonder if the DPF is doing any good at all. For sure it is making millions for some people.

All the extra hours running, all the full throttle running is burning a LOT more fuel. At the end of the day is all the extra fuel being burned worth it? Is the delta even a net gain?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Oh please. Look at your machine list. Do you really need all that?

If you were really worried, like Al Gore, you would walk the walk and not simply talk the talk. You could easily replace all of your machines with a team of draft horses and donkey with a cart. It is for our kids after all..
Yep. I need them all for my charity-work and land-reclamation. You?

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Yep. I need them all for my charity-work and land-reclamation. You?
I think youre failing to see my point.

Like I said, get a couple horses.

Goats work well for land reclamation too btw. :D

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Im pretty surprised an owner of a B3350 hasnt heard of the regen nightmares.

My Dealer hasnt stocked a B3350 in 2 years. I asked about it and the Salesman told me 75% of the units they sold had many issues and refused to sell anymore.

They do have a used cabbed B3350 that they are shuffling between their 3 locations.

rancher1524

Equipment
Tractor LX4020 B3350SU
May 11, 2016
Evans, Washington
Im pretty surprised an owner of a B3350 hasnt heard of the regen nightmares.

My Dealer hasnt stocked a B3350 in 2 years. I asked about it and the Salesman told me 75% of the units they sold had many issues and refused to sell anymore.

They do have a used cabbed B3350 that they are shuffling between their 3 locations.
I have heard and read about all the nightmares with the B3350SU. But mine has worked great. Maybe it is the owner who cause all the problems by not following the directions in the Operators Manual. It is hard to believe an new owner of a Kubota tractor was asking the forum how to start his tractor. Try reading your Operators manual.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have heard and read about all the nightmares with the B3350SU. But mine has worked great. Maybe it is the owner who cause all the problems by not following the directions in the Operators Manual. It is hard to believe an new owner of a Kubota tractor was asking the forum how to start his tractor. Try reading your Operators manual.
It is correct that a lot of problems arise when people don't or can't follow directions. However some poor souls for whatever reason find themselves with no access to the owner's manual, it is a weekend, and a cell phone and google are your friends so they ask us for help. One poor guy was a maintenance worker trying to blow snow at night and the engine froze up. I am thinking if there was a manual it was locked in the secretary's office until Monday.

The regen instructions are hard to understand at first. So I have some sympathy for those folks.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I think youre failing to see my point.

Like I said, get a couple horses.

Goats work well for land reclamation too btw. :D
Got more horses than I need already. Neighbor has goats and they visit when needed. I don’t fail to see your point... I was just remembering my grandmother’s favorite phrase when small disputes would erupt among friends:
“Well, I guess your pot is blacker than mine.” :D

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
How so? Im not the one claiming to be holier than thou in terms of protecting our environment. I have diesel tractors. No question there.

I am not saying to go dump oil in your nearest stream, but yes these emission standards in the US are quite restrictive and to defend them just makes no sense. I would say look at China and how dirty they are, but due to current events they arent doing much of anything at the moment. India is another example. Smog is so bad there, planes cant land at times. Yet heres the US getting blamed essentially...

Rant over.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
How so? Im not the one claiming to be holier than thou in terms of protecting our environment. I have diesel tractors. No question there......

Rant over.
I couldn't agree more. I have yet to see one of these talking heads walk the walk. All take and talk, the whole group.

You sir should not drive a truck! - While I own 10 cars, a private plane and maid in my 12,000ft house with the 1 acre pool.

My neighbor drives a prius and keeps the heat at 72 all winter and AC at 70 all summer??? She lectures me about owning a diesel truck and doesn't even understand her AC and heat use are environmental factors. She is as dumb as a box of rocks except about this, when it comes to complaining about other people and the environment, she is the smartest person in her house.

Personally I think America is ahead of the pollution curve and should continue to improve.