Kubota 2350 where to tie in Hydraulic System

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It’s a factory Kubota backhoe with in and out that came off of a small B series Kubota. I fabricate a 3 point hitch for these that works well. I used the last one on my Kubota 3010 with aux hookups. I sold the little hoe and bought another one I liked it so well. My son-in-law wants this one to use on the L2350 so that’s what I’m gonna do somehow. I still feel that if I tap into the main pump line before the factory factor pressure relief valve, it will not bother the pump because the relief valve is there protecting the pump all the time. Thx Dan
You jeed to rethink that. A relief valve on the return side of the backhoe valve provides ZERO protection for the pump, backhoe valve, cylinders, and all the plumbing on the upstream side of the valve.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia
Looks like the OEM BL4590 backhoe had a PTO-driven pump. What model backhoe do you have? Do you have a front loader? What model?
Probably early 70’s model. Kubota L2350. Low hrs great running simple tractor. No loader or power steering. Back hoe is off of a Kubota small B series. Gonna make hoe 3 pt hitch and need in and out to run it. Thx

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Probably early 70’s model. Kubota L2350. Low hrs great running simple tractor. No loader or power steering. Back hoe is off of a Kubota small B series. Gonna make hoe 3 pt hitch and need in and out to run it. Thx
Wow your dating that tractor a ton, 1991 to 1998 was the production years, not the 70's.

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia
Wow your dating that tractor a ton, 1991 to 1998 was the production years, not the 70's.
Wow! That’s good news! We bought this tractor after it had set outside All of it’s life…makes it look reall old but it only has 300 hrs on it! 2 wheel drive. Fixed wiring on switch and put new diesel fuel in it. $800 was quite a bargain and it came with a belly mower! Always good info on OT…thx

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia
Wofman, I am still looking for this adapter plate for L235 rear auxiliary
I keep the snapshots You sent. I can’t get Jones Tractor Supply to answer the phone where they may have one…Any other suggestions please?

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia
No power steering. No loader. Good running little simple tractor. Wondering about tapping into some block under seat where pressure line goes in. I can fabricate something but I just need to know where to tap in. I think built in pressure relief should take care of dead heading the pump regardless where I Tap in…also need a place to put return back into transmission case I’m guessing…
I am studying your ideas and thanks. Your thoughts and thank you
My Hydraulic supply guy said I would have to put a valve in the line to close off the normal flow to 3 point hitch but I’m thinking that’s dangEros if we forget to open it after disconect backhoe. Would explode the pump…

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My Hydraulic supply guy said I would have to put a valve in the line to close off the normal flow to 3 point hitch but I’m thinking that’s dangEros if we forget to open it after disconect backhoe. Would explode the pump…
Your hydrauic guy is wrong.
  1. Cut a piece out of the middle of the pressure line going to the pump and put one of these on each end of the steel line. https://shop.hoseandfittings.com/catalog/Fitting/Steel/Flareless/C2402<br>Comp_-_MJ/C2402-08-08.html

1691164039631.png

1. Run hoses from both steel lines to the rear for your backhoe hookup.
  2. Put a female quick coupler on the hose coming from the pump. This is the supply for the backhoe
  3. Put a matching male quick connect on the hose going to the three point. This is the return for the backhoe.
When you remove the backhoe plug the male and female coupler on the tractor side together. Hopefully the backhoe valve has an inlet pressure relief. If so that is all that is needed and how Kubota does it on the current models.

NOTE: If you fail to get the two couplers properly connected you will explode the pump. So I will repeat - put a relief valve in the supply line up near the pump and you are exactly like Kubota does it and fully protected.

Dan

Last edited:

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia
  1. Cut a piece out of the middle of the pressure line going to the pump and put one of these on each end of the steel line. https://shop.hoseandfittings.com/catalog/Fitting/Steel/Flareless/C2402<br>Comp_-_MJ/C2402-08-08.html

View attachment 108590
  2. Put a female quick coupler on the hose coming from the pump. This is the supply for the backhoe
  3. Put a matching male quick connect on the hose going to the three point. This is the return for the backhoe.
When you remove the backhoe plug the male and female coupler on the tractor side together. Hopefully the backhoe valve has an inlet pressure relief. If so that is all that is needed and how Kubota does it on the current models.

NOTE: If you fail to get the two couplers properly connected you will explode the pump. So I will repeat - put a relief valve in the supply line up near the pump and you are exactly like Kubota does it and fully protected.

Dan
Thank you..I finally understand the circuit except the pre relief valve close to pump. Thought it has to have extra line to dump it somewhere if pressure got too high. Pretty sure factory Kubota backhoe has built in relief valve. I’ll measure line and order fittings. I am happy to learn this. The dealers keep all this stuff secret…

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia

View attachment 108590

Dan
What size line do you suggest?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
What size line do you suggest?
Your tractor only makes 4.5 GPM so 3/8" hose is more than adequate.

An inline relief is cheap protection ($45) and has three ports: IN, OUT, and TANK. Easy to plumb into the pump supply line. The tank line can be 1/4" low pressure hose secured with hose barbs and clamps.

Dan

PRV12H-Right-1.jpg

Last edited:

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia
Your tractor only makes 4.5 GPM so 3/8" hose is more than adequate.

An inline relief is cheap protection ($45) and has three ports: IN, OUT, and TANK. Easy to plumb into the pump supply line. The tank line can be 1/4" low pressure hose secured with hose barbs and clamps.

Dan

View attachment 108725
Awesome…Now I have a plan. I thought the relief had to have a dump line. I will measure the line to order the parts and look somewhere on the little tractor body for a dump line into the belly of the tranny. You are Sooo Helpful. Just like flying a plane…once you know how, it’s easy….😎

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Awesome…Now I have a plan. I thought the relief had to have a dump line. I will measure the line to order the parts and look somewhere on the little tractor body for a dump line into the belly of the tranny. You are Sooo Helpful. Just like flying a plane…once you know how, it’s easy….😎
The cap/plug on the hydraulic filler is commonly used tank return. Positioning the relief close to it would minimize the length of the return hose.

Dan

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia
The cap/plug on the hydraulic filler is commonly used tank return. Positioning the relief close to it would minimize the length of the return hose.

Dan
Dan, I’ll look for the filler cap for the drain hookup. Probably screw the return line into it and leave cap off. Just have to remove return line to add fluid sometime. Thank you

TL Hutton

Equipment
L3010 and L2350
Jul 9, 2023
Georgia
Dan, I’ll look for the filler cap for the drain hookup. Probably screw the return line into it and leave cap off. Just have to remove return line to add fluid sometime. Thank you
Also definitely gonna add a pressure relief valve…Studied it over…If I fail to hook pressure and return lines back together properly, it’s game over for pump!
I love hydraulics but know very little. Would like to show you a picture of my home made scissor dump on my truck sometime…I need a bigger cylinder probably a 5“ to 6“dia x 32”. My 3 1/2” won’t lift the 5 tons I tried to lift but will lift 2 tons

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks again Wolfman, bet y’all have some good taters where you live!
I measured pressure line. It is 12 mm…..
Thanks again Wolfman, bet y’all have some good taters where you live!
I measured pressure line. It is 12 mm…..
If the tube is 12mm you would probably be looking for DIN light type compression fittings. You need a DIN tube nut, DIN cutting ring, and a DIN end fitting of your choice. Here is a picture of how the tube fittings go together and some links to the fittings. I picked an adapter (9605L) with JIC-08 male for the hose end but you can use whatever you like as long as it is 12mm on the other end.

Dan

1691766463494.png

Last edited: