KTAC Question

Brick Axelrod

Equipment
L5460, BH92, RCR1872, FDR2572.RTVX1100c
Apr 12, 2018
South Carolina
I have a couple of things I bought at 0% and still have 2 years on the payments. I am ready to pay them off just so I don’t have to think about it anymore but really don’t want to lose the KTAC. Can you pay them down to like $100 and not have to make payments until the last month? Or will the extra payment just be added to the account and they will want the rest the next month?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Can’t answer your question, but I’m pretty sure you can still get the kubota insurance whether its financed or not.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
My account shows payment due 9-8 because I've paid a little extra few times :)
Account has been like that a few months show current not due.

KTAC wise your payoff will be less ATM because of unused insurance.
Talk to KTAC , positive you are able to pay off and pick up insurance.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Also call the Kubota Credit people and ask what payment options you have. I know with my last car loan I could pay extra with no penalty but it would not delay the next payment. Instead it would just shorten the payoff date and lower principal and if I paid extra and then missed the next month it would hit my credit score. My mortgage allows me to make advanced payments towards the next month's payment or the extra money could be directly at principal. Your loan with Kubota could be a few different things.

An option you do have is you could always open a separate checking account and move all the money over there that you need to pay off your loan and have the direct withdrawals come from that account and then close it when the loan term is up. Then your main account appears to have completely paid off the loan while retaining the insurance. If you are doing this to get a better rate or a larger loan elsewhere then this would not be a good strategy for that but it is an option.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You can still keep KTAC after pay off. But you have to pay for it yearly just like any other insurance policy.

I paid my mower off early. KTAC contacted me and asked if I wanted to keep insurance through them. I agreed and paid for the renewal right there. Premium on my mower is a little over $100 per year. But wag better coverage then what I could get with a rider policy on my homeowner's policy.