Hydraulic issues.

MisterStyx

Equipment
Kubota l3000dt
Mar 3, 2024
TX
Well sir, that and the fact that this 8% chance of rain just started soaking me means we will once again continue this discussion at a later time.

I'm so grateful for your help. When this is over I'll send you a 12pack. Thank you.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Well sir, that and the fact that this 8% chance of rain just started soaking me means we will once again continue this discussion at a later time.

I'm so grateful for your help. When this is over I'll send you a 12pack. Thank you.
Wonderful thought and makes my taste buds tingle but the Docs would not be happy with a one pack let alone 12...

If you can round up some cheap plastic tubing (garden hose) to dump the oil back in the sump it will save you a fight with the block. Its low pressure with the hose unhooked.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can also take a hose off the loader cylinders and put it into the coupler in your hand in the picture and then put the far end of that hose without any coupler into the transmission fill port.

That would open the coupler and let oil flow through it instead of removing the coupler.

Probably about the same amount of effort as to remove the coupler, shove the end of the hose into a vinyl tube (fairly large diameter) and put a zip tie on to hold it in place on the hose end.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You can also take a hose off the loader cylinders and put it into the coupler in your hand in the picture and then put the far end of that hose without any coupler into the transmission fill port.

That would open the coupler and let oil flow through it instead of removing the coupler.

Probably about the same amount of effort as to remove the coupler, shove the end of the hose into a vinyl tube (fairly large diameter) and put a zip tie on to hold it in place on the hose end.
Its better if we eliminate the coupler. Then if the loader works with the hose disconnected and does not work with it reconnected we have probably found the problem

MisterStyx

Equipment
Kubota l3000dt
Mar 3, 2024
TX
I"m not sure if it means anything, but before it rained me out, when I had the hose disconnected from the quick disconnect and started the tractor, it jumped under pressure. When I used the joystick, it slacked off.

Now luckily I didn't have it removed from the shutoff into a bucket, but just an fyi.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I"m not sure if it means anything, but before it rained me out, when I had the hose disconnected from the quick disconnect and started the tractor, it jumped under pressure. When I used the joystick, it slacked off.

Now luckily I didn't have it removed from the shutoff into a bucket, but just an fyi.
The outlet hose jumping under pressure suggests there is flow and .pressure inbwhich case the loader will operatecwithbthe coupler removed.

I was already pretty sure that will be the case. My current thinking is that coupler is the problem. Just seems odd ir failed at the exact same time as your valve swap and I am being cautious and assuming nothing.

Dan

MisterStyx

Equipment
Kubota l3000dt
Mar 3, 2024
TX
So the one I had removed was the power beyind cable. Would that one constantly circulate fluid or would it only do so when operating the loader?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
So the one I had removed was the power beyind cable. Would that one constantly circulate fluid or would it only do so when operating the loader?
Very good question. :love:

When the loader is not being operated power beyond will carry everythimg coming in back out to the tractor.

When the bucket is operated power beyond flow will stop and anything that needs to go out will do so via the tank hose.

When the lift is operated is the great unknown. Kubota uses a serial spool for lift so oil goes out via power beyond. Thats a bit unusual - most loader valves send the lift ouflow to tank just like the bucket

Dan

MisterStyx

Equipment
Kubota l3000dt
Mar 3, 2024
TX
Ok. I'm going to try to beat the rain again today.

I'm about to pull the quick disconnect and run the line to the oil intake that sits in front of the seat.

Noob question, is there any difference filling from the front vs the one in the back with the 3 point setup?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ok. I'm going to try to beat the rain again today.

I'm about to pull the quick disconnect and run the line to the oil intake that sits in front of the seat.

Noob question, is there any difference filling from the front vs the one in the back with the 3 point setup?
No

MisterStyx

Equipment
Kubota l3000dt
Mar 3, 2024
TX
It does now work, excellent! Thank you.

Except that it didnt seem to fix the original issue.

The bucket will rotate down immediately upon releasing the joystick.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Does the loader work when the hose is reconnected?
What!!@@
It does now work, excellent! Thank you.

Except that it didnt seem to fix the original issue.

The bucket will rotate down immediately upon releasing the joystick.
Something is getting lost in the conversation.

With the hose reconnected:

Move the joystick to raise and lower the the loader but DO NOT operate the bucket. Does that work?

MisterStyx

Equipment
Kubota l3000dt
Mar 3, 2024
TX
Haha ok. From the beginning.

My bucket was constantly rotating downward. I did a bit of googling and talked to a friend of mine and figured it was a stuck valve.

So I replaced the whole set.

Then I messed it up somehow and found this place and you gentleman talked me through to where we are now.

It is now working as it was before I did all this. Up and down and rotates, however it wants to rotate downward. It will rotate upwards slowly all the way to the full upward bucket rotation, but will rotate itself back down.

MisterStyx

Equipment
Kubota l3000dt
Mar 3, 2024
TX
Oh to answer your question, yes raising and lowering the loader without rotation works

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Haha ok. From the beginning.

My bucket was constantly rotating downward. I did a bit of googling and talked to a friend of mine and figured it was a stuck valve.

So I replaced the whole set.

Then I messed it up somehow and found this place and you gentleman talked me through to where we are now.

It is now working as it was before I did all this. Up and down and rotates, however it wants to rotate downward. It will rotate upwards slowly all the way to the full upward bucket rotation, but will rotate itself back down.
I believe you also sais no 3pt. Is it working now?

So now itcseems the bucket will only dump. i am beginning to suspect your valve was never stuck. Swap the hoses going to the bucket and see what happens.

Dan