How do I get work done on my tractor, been black listed!?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Following @Moose7060; I was involved in Code Enforcement for a lot of years.

Had a lot of buddies that were cops, and they ran into same thing.

Not placing any blame to anyone; often we have communication issues where the message and its intent on one party’s side is not the same as the other party interprets.

Certainly communication via text messages or other social media affords for interpretation errors.

Not like looking someone in the eyes, which is how I prefer to do business.

I realized there’s typically 3 sides to the story. Both sides, and the truth in the middle.

I sincerely hope the OP can rectify., however that looks.

Reactions: 1 user

OrangePower

Equipment
A cute little rinky dinky 2021 BX23s
Sep 15, 2021
VA
There is always two sides to every story. Would love to hear the first dealerships side. Only a presumption but I think I know what their story is.

Well, I def have the txt on my phone to back up the whole story!

Sadly, all I think you will get from them is a story.

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Following @Moose7060; I was involved in Code Enforcement for a lot of years.

Had a lot of buddies that were cops, and they ran into same thing.

Not placing any blame to anyone; often we have communication issues where the message and its intent on one party’s side is not the same as the other party interprets.

Certainly communication via text messages or other social media affords for interpretation errors.

Not like looking someone in the eyes, which is how I prefer to do business.

I realized there’s typically 3 sides to the story. Both sides, and the truth in the middle.

I sincerely hope the OP can rectify., however that looks.
I spoke to the service advisor on the phone, twice and said verbally what I wanted. Should be no communication error. I talked to the tow truck tiver eye to eye. I noticed the txt messages were getting squirrely, so I called to try to explain my concerns about the txt, that, now I look at it is not as spicy as I thought. Is a little dominant, but still pretty civil.

3 sides to the story, usually, but, thats whats blowing my mind, I cant even imagine a second side as much as I repeatedly told them what I wanted.

Thanks, hopefully someone will put their ego aside and just get on with business and keep it at that. so we all (me and any dealer involved) can just get this issue resolved and keep moving.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
P.S. You still didnt tell me how to be a better man, just badger me. Are you........my original service manager???
Well, ..You’ve mentioned ..at least twice now…that you spoke your requests to the tow-truck-driver…. “eye to eye” even.

ONE way to be better at communication would be…..don’t expect a tow-truck-driver to be the intermediary between you and the service department. He drives a truck. That’s what he does.

I have no idea how you might become a “better man”. I only know how you do…or do not… succeed at expressing yourself. That is what I think is a common thread amongst many disagreements between customers and service providers. You’re not alone in that dilemma. BTDT

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well, ..You’ve mentioned ..at least twice now…that you spoke your requests to the tow-truck-driver…. “eye to eye” even.

ONE way to be better at communication would be…..don’t expect a tow-truck-driver to be the intermediary between you and the service department. He drives a truck. That’s what he does.

I have no idea how you might become a “better man”. I only know how you do…or do not… succeed at expressing yourself. That is what I think is a common thread amongst many disagreements between customers and service providers. You’re not alone in that dilemma. BTDT
Frequently described as a "personality clash".

In this case, several different employees have now been involved, and the internal dealer story has likely taken on a life of it's own.
Now totally stilted,....and far from fact!

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
My point was, I even spoke to the janitor (so to speak). I was spreading the word like Paul Revere or Johnny Appleseed!! It wasnt a secret what I wanted.

He was actually a cool dude. He originally was the driver that dropped off the tractor in the pouring rain to me and I told him I bought a rain suit especially for the day. He was like "hey, I remember you, you were the guy I gave the tractor to in the poring rain!". We laughed when I told him I spent that day playing on my new toy while it rained cats n dogs outside, cause I was so excited to have it.

Well, I know one thing for sure, I communicate with a group of 300+ different people EVERYDAY, from a foreign country, that needs to express themselves as to their concerns over their computers. They dont speak good English, I dont speak good forign words. I primarily speak face to face, through chat and emails. While its not always perfect, we seem to understand and resolve issues from dead computers to a multitude of problems in between. Been with the company (which literally controls the world) for 4 years and have not been fired, so, I dont think I have a habit of pissing people off on a daily, or have a lack communication skills. If that was the case, I would have been gone long ago!

Things happen, but, I thought I was communicating properly to get my point across. Apparently something was missed this time, I just dont know what it was.

Last edited:

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Frequently described as a "personality clash".
I dont understand how. There wasnt a bone in my body that had any issue with the people at the 1st dealer, at all! Even when they presented me with the 2nd billing for the gas tank, the ONLY thing I was angry about was the bill itself. I never even thought to myself "<insert persons name here> is an a-hole". The bill itself was, and thats where it stopped for me. I STILL was fine with them working on the tractor, just NO MORE PERSONAL BILLS, that was it. I will admit I was confused as hell and could not even think how to make them understand after the 2nd bill.

Seems they took care of that problem for me.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I dont understand how. There wasnt a bone in my body that had any issue with the people at the 1st dealer, at all! Even when they presented me with the 2nd billing for the gas tank, the ONLY thing I was angry about was the bill itself. I never even thought to myself "<insert persons name here> is an a-hole". The bill itself was, and thats where it stopped for me. I STILL was fine with them working on the tractor, just NO MORE PERSONAL BILLS, that was it. I will admit I was confused as hell and could not even think how to make them understand after the 2nd bill.

Seems they took care of that problem for me.
Perhaps not YOU, .......but the dealership personnel saw it as a clash.

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
You know, it almost feels like I am part of a Dave Chapelle joke. I talk to everone, tell everyone what i want and they slip in the mechanic (the agent), the one person I did'nt ask.

Here comes the Dave Chapelle voice "GOTCHA *****"!!

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I spoke to the service advisor on the phone, twice and said verbally what I wanted. Should be no communication error. I talked to the tow truck tiver eye to eye. I noticed the txt messages were getting squirrely, so I called to try to explain my concerns about the txt, that, now I look at it is not as spicy as I thought. Is a little dominant, but still pretty civil.

3 sides to the story, usually, but, thats whats blowing my mind, I cant even imagine a second side as much as I repeatedly told them what I wanted.

Thanks, hopefully someone will put their ego aside and just get on with business and keep it at that. so we all (me and any dealer involved) can just get this issue resolved and keep moving.
Trust me, not accusing or insinuating anyone did anything inappropriate or shady.

Like I said, it just seems there’s more latitude for interpretations/ misinterpretations in this modern era of communication.

Downside of face-face is there’s no written record of the communication.

Seems folks today want an audio or video record of our interactions to prove anything. Like everything is a police show on television.

Downside of text or email is there’s room for interpretation.

Just seems a tough time to do business all-around.

I don’t need another exhaustive explanation of the past. Seen enough for me. You don’t have to convince me of anything.

Just sincerely hoping you can get resolution in the near future!

Good luck!👍

Last edited:

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Trust me, not accusing or insinuating anyone did anything inappropriate or shady.
I know, just chit chatting and trying to be as transparent as possible.

Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
So, took my tractor to the dealer I bought it from for warrantee and or insurance work. I had 2 weeks left on warrantee (I thought it was a good month but I was way off). First call I asked them to proceed with warrantee and insurance work only. When they picked it up, I gave them a list and said to check over all the issues listed and perform them if they are covered. Called in with them to make sure everything arrived okay and to just get a general idea of date lines. At that time I asked if they got the list and said to just do whatever is covered under warrantee or insurance.

I get a call 3 days later saying balljoints (on the list as the covers came off) will be $90 my cost. I am like what? I questioned it and they said "I think we can get this taken care of under warrantee along with the tow" I was like cool, and, restated just to fix whats covered under warrantee or insurance stuff.

3 days later I get a call from the mechanic talking about draining the tank (had some bogging issues) to clean it. No one said it was NOT covered under insurance. After saying insurance and warrantee till I was blue in the face, I figured something (insurance or warrantee) was gonna cover it, but, nope, they presented me with a $160 bill.

We then texted back and forth a few times where they acted like i knew what was going on. I typed a scathing (not derogatory) txt back. Was something like a dad talking to their child "Well tell me then how do I make someone understand warrantee or Insurance ONLY?". I did not send it at first. I told myself to calm down. I did and tried to go back and copy it so I could then retype calmer words, but, I accidentally SENT it somehow. Whoops, oh well, sent now, nothing I can do but sit back and wait for the sh*t storm!!

Now, in that txt I also said I would pay the $160 but from here on out only warrantee or insurance work, contact me when done. Was hoping they would just be annoyed and continue on, but, they responded "Were sending the tractor back and you will need to go somewhere else since you dont trust us".

Since they had my tractor past warrantee period, that made me lose my warrantee, I could NOT go back to someone else.

Fast forward to last month I had an accident in the woods and really do need insurance work now. I called the next dealer to me and they said to send warrantee number and pictures. I did as requested on 3/22 and did not hear back. 3 week later (2 days ago) the insurance company calls me for info that I sent to the 2nd dealer, which was supposed to send to the insurance company. 2nd dealer never returned my call after a week and I guess never sent the insurance company my info. I called 2nd dealer and instead of using ext number, I worked my way to the operator to find the service director. Just so happened to be him that answered (gotcha!). He said he would look into it, still waiting.

I am gonna guess 1st dealer has been spreading the word and is black listing me with all the other dealers. I am not saying who these people are as of now cause I dont know if they are truly busy, or, I have in fact been black listed.

With that, how do I get my tractor repaired? My front loader boom snapped in 2 and needs to be replaced. Whats the next avenue to try? If the 1st dealer black listed me and no one is willing to help me, will insurance send ME the boom and let me replace it?
If you loader was damaged, then the insurance will replace the entire loader assembly. Because of liability issues, they rather replace it with a new assembly. Some of the old loader parts might be salvaged and installed on the new loader. Once again, Kubota will not allow the customer to do the repairs because of liability issues. I don't see this as much of a problem and I can't understand why the dealer didn't take the pictures and process the claim, especially since they were the selling dealer.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you loader was damaged, then the insurance will replace the entire loader assembly. Because of liability issues, they rather replace it with a new assembly. Some of the old loader parts might be salvaged and installed on the new loader. Once again, Kubota will not allow the customer to do the repairs because of liability issues. I don't see this as much of a problem and I can't understand why the dealer didn't take the pictures and process the claim, especially since they were the selling dealer.
The OP is totally frustrated,........ and I can certainly understand why!

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
There were/are/is 2 insurance claims.

1) With dealer #1 . on 9/23 I had about 7-8 issues with the tractor I needed looking into before the 2 year warrantee ran out on10/23 . I did not know what issues would be covered under insurance and or warantee. After the squabble with dealer #1 in the middle of 10/23, they cancelled all insurance and warrantee submissions and or claims.

2) Since I lost my warrantee, no need/ability to see a dealer now, so, I just kept going hoping my concerns were in my head.

3) 2 months ago (2/16ish???) I hit the tree and filed a second insurance claim a month later on 3/22??? and went to dealer #2. Dealer #2 said send me pictures and info, which I did the next day

4) Insurance company sent me a letter 2-3 weeks after (4/15??) asking for me to have the dealer #2 send them the info they need. I forwarded the pictures I sent to dealer #2 to the insurance agent. This concerned me so I called dealer #2 and happened to get the service manager. I asked him whats up? He gave some excuse and said he would look into it. As of today, I have not heard from dealer #2

Like you say, the insurance may cover it, but. if the dealers will not do it, then its gonna get real tricky.

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
The OP is totally frustrated,........ and I can certainly understand why!
All good. It was a beeeeeutiful day out today after that cold snap over the weekend! Was enjoying that more than anything else :)

Last edited:

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
It looks like some communication was in April which around here is very busy at dealerships. My Kubota dealer also does Case. Even though i feel I am a good customer my small needs do not amount to their other larger customers. So i need to wait. Maybe the delay was they are busy and your pressure turned them off. Also being in customer service, text messages and emails at times allow for others to put tones into messages as they percieve. I am a huge fan of going in person to talk to people so both sides can read body language and be personal. Unsure if you were ever blacklisted but it seems that you assumed it so either you feel you may have done something wrong or that the dealer was wrong and had a personal vendetta. I feel you are giving yourself too much self worth. I doubt a dealer spent so much of their time discussing you to others. Maybe they had a few words at the shop but doubt a nation wide ban.

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
It looks like some communication was in April which around here is very busy at dealerships. My Kubota dealer also does Case. Even though i feel I am a good customer my small needs do not amount to their other larger customers. So i need to wait. Maybe the delay was they are busy and your pressure turned them off. Also being in customer service, text messages and emails at times allow for others to put tones into messages as they percieve. I am a huge fan of going in person to talk to people so both sides can read body language and be personal. Unsure if you were ever blacklisted but it seems that you assumed it so either you feel you may have done something wrong or that the dealer was wrong and had a personal vendetta. I feel you are giving yourself too much self worth. I doubt a dealer spent so much of their time discussing you to others. Maybe they had a few words at the shop but doubt a nation wide ban.
1) I told them to "take their time", as "I" was not worried, I could still do things with the backhoe.

2) What am I supposed to do when the insurance agent sends me a letter that says I have 10 days to send tractor to dealer or they will put my claim in the trash?

3) What happens when I send email to dealer about this and I never hear from them?

4) What happens when I call the dealer, get the service manager that says they will look into it and never contacts the insurance company, or me......again?

Its been a month. What am I supposed to think with no contact back to me in a month? How much low of self esteem/worth am I supposed to have/offer????

Your gonna tell me they have NO idea that an insurance claim has a response time limit?

I dont need a dissertation of what it was like for him to grow up as a boy. Just a quick call or email to me for an update and to tell me its gonna be 2-4 years would be nice, so I at least know.

Last edited: