May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
So when are you opening the US based fabrication facility?:D

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
and the new impressions are very positive.
The cutter cuts faster and without much effort from the Kubota,
a small bad think with the blades is that they need sharpen every time...
(should i try to find harder blades???)

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
The blades look like a low carbon hot rolled steel so they are soft for steel. Not much you can do with heat treat. A straight cold rolled steel would last longer. Best would jump up to a high carbon steel like 4140 and do a heat treat & draw. The draw process will reduce hardness after the heat treat and increase toughness of the steel. This should match the commercial blades.

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
I like this idea. I have plenty of used models to choose from but I also have Swisher Pull behind mower to use. Pulling is awkward but if I make the top like yours I can run the 18hp motor and use 3pt hitch to raise and lower the mower. Mostly grass and light saplings for me but I need the narrow path and cannot justify $2000 for a 4 foot hog that cannot do what my Swisher does.

So I guess what I am saying is I think I will duplicate your top mounting 3 pt on top of my pull behind mower.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
I like this idea. I have plenty of used models to choose from but I also have Swisher Pull behind mower to use. Pulling is awkward but if I make the top like yours I can run the 18hp motor and use 3pt hitch to raise and lower the mower. Mostly grass and light saplings for me but I need the narrow path and cannot justify $2000 for a 4 foot hog that cannot do what my Swisher does.

So I guess what I am saying is I think I will duplicate your top mounting 3 pt on top of my pull behind mower.
i think its doable just center it very good so you wont have vibrations, and with 18hp you will cutting everything..

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
For now we are going with new 4 foot Landpride cutter. Tractor is on order should be ready next week. I will look into fabricating the top mounts after I have my tractor. One guy down the street used forklift pads on the top of his and uses a front mounted Swisher. I would be afraid of flying rocks. It is mounted to throw towards the front but I cannot see an advantage.