Grill guard pricing

Overleaf

Equipment
Grand L6060
Oct 14, 2023
North MS
To be fair to Messick's I did email them about the shipping price yesterday and got a prompt response back that the grill guard dimensions had been put into the computer wrong and that the shipping price was about half the original estimate--still greater than $50.

By this time I had decided I needed the chin (chain) guard for more inclusive protection and had already ordered from Lown.

I still like the look of the Messick grill guard so if anyone else is reading this post they can get it for less than what started this thread as far as shipping. as far as I can tell they don't have a chin guard.

Reactions: 1 users

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
You don’t need it day one. I would like to have one as I am in the woods. I use my tractor a lot to push trees up into burn piles. After 7 years I haven’t damaged anything. Just don’t be stupid.

JenniferKubotaM62

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M62 TLB, Bobcat HD Grapple, Bobcat Auger, Skeleton Bucket, Forks, WB Ripper
Nov 14, 2019
Arizona
www.jenniferbond.com
All the grill guards in these links are awesome and such a tease, no one seems to make one for the M62 TLB, anyone know a place that does?

I have already put a limb through the plastic guard.

Thanks
Jen

K7G

Equipment
L2501HST, LA526 w/ L2248, BB1260, RCR1860, EA Disc Harrow
May 29, 2023
Aladamnbama
I am finding the Messick’s prices and my local dealer is essentially the same. If the local guys don’t have it, they add it to their order and when they reach a certain point, Kubota doesn’t charge shipping to them.

The difference last time was the shipping, $40, that Messick wanted to charge. I’ll keep checking & comparing but so far, the local guys haven’t let me down yet.

My grill guard came from Homestead. They offer veterans a 10% discount.

lownperformance

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Apr 13, 2021
Gaston, SC
lownperformance.com
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words! As a small business, we appreciate every one of you guys!
Be sure to check out our thread in the Buy, Sell Trade classifieds here on OTT, we will be sharing our black Friday promotions in the next few days!

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words! As a small business, we appreciate every one of you guys!
Be sure to check out our thread in the Buy, Sell Trade classifieds here on OTT, we will be sharing our black Friday promotions in the next few days!
Nothing for the B series ?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Nothing for the BX series either, last I checked!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Unfortunately at the moment, we have not branched into the B series. However, we are hoping to do so in the near future!
I recently sent Lown an e-mail, about a grill guard for an M62.
The answer I received was, that I would need to take measurements, and forward them.
The comment, that they have not yet "branched into the B series" is confusing.
Would it not also be possible for a "B" owner to not do the same?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Regardless of what I buy on line, I just look at the price including shipping to determine what the actual price is.

Walmart and Amazon have a minimum like $35 when free shipping kicks in.

Works for me. Get the same products delivered for the same price as if I spent the gas and time to go fetch them at the store.

If no free shipping is offered, then the price is whatever it is plus what the shipping charge is. Not too difficult to understand.

No problem with this at all...just wondering when it will change... :)

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You don’t need it day one. I would like to have one as I am in the woods. I use my tractor a lot to push trees up into burn piles. After 7 years I haven’t damaged anything. Just don’t be stupid.
It is only a matter of time...... a bad time!
You will suffer grill damage,.....it WILL happen,....eventually!

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I just discovered a place Sunday in Mid-Michigan that has nice looking grille guards and fair prices. Also you can get them painted or bare metal if you want to do something custom.
I ordered one for my LX that should be here Tuesday...
Just thought I'd update the broken anvil grill guard I've had it now for a little over 6 months. No complaints and has held up very well