Gravity fed or elec pump diesel tank...

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Nice job, when do you want me to bring mine down so you can paint it? Here is mine on the home made skid and some cribbing to level it out. It has a cover I made over the pump and meter. I used old cat food bags to make the cover with.

I created a spreadsheet to keep tract of how much diesel I have in the tank, I don't want to put more than 75 gallons in it. In the spreadsheet I also have to estimated weight with the weight of the tank.

Attachments

BigRed57

Equipment
L2350 4x4 land pride 4ft bush hog
Jun 29, 2016
Society Hill S.C.
Bring her on down. We will fix it right up. I figured out how to add the attachment MD. How do you blow the pic up so you can see it like you did. ?

Knott

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2015 BX2670-1, BX2755HD Snow Blower, Farmking 4' box Blade, BX 2760A Plow Blade
Jun 2, 2015
Manitoba
not sure whom your refering too.. if it is Knott.. his pics are hosted on Taptalk via image links. BUTTTT...

we would rather it NOT be done that way. Rather they be hosted here on our board. Odds are extremely high pics hosted someplace else will get moved or deleted and the good information in here they refer too goes bye bye making the post there in worthless. I bet taptalk will not host this image for very long.
I did not know that. I will try to post directly in the future when possible. Thanks for the heads up.

Builtough

Equipment
Kubota B2601 with loader, pallet forks, rear bade, bush hog
May 15, 2015
Ottawa, Ohio, United states
Just got caught up on this string. I've been thinking about getting a small 50gal +/- tank like this. put it on the truck every couple months and fill it up, etc.

Question - Do I need to have the tank grounded to the truck when I'm filling it at the gas station? I know the permanently mounted ones in truck beds are supposed to be grounded? Just checking

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Just got caught up on this string. I've been thinking about getting a small 50gal +/- tank like this. put it on the truck every couple months and fill it up, etc.

Question - Do I need to have the tank grounded to the truck when I'm filling it at the gas station? I know the permanently mounted ones in truck beds are supposed to be grounded? Just checking
Wouldn't hurt, standard oil used to have a ground chain draggin, on all their trucks, and them boys made millions...:D:D

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA

If using electric pump and hose needs to be the kind that has ground also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
It wouldn't take much to have a ground you connect when you strap it down. If you have a plastic bed liner, I would definitely ground it.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I was reading a white paper and is said that since the "new" diesel has less sulfur in it now, that the static charge can build up faster in the diesel. It also talks about an additive that will help make the diesel more conductive to help dissipate the static charge. This additive replaces the conductivity that the sulfur use to give the diesel.

I wish I would have saved the URL for the paper, but I was at work when I read it and didn't think to do so.

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Just a basic 55 gallon drum with a 12v fuel transfer pump and mower battery. My little tractor doesn't burn a lot so I just refill the drum with a few 5 gallon cans when needed.

But if you want to see some elaborate fuel storage ideas check out some prepper sites, some of those folks are serious. I recall one used a water heater tank, others multi-level drum systems, then the underground folks jump in.