Grandpa

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
Became a grandfather for the 5th time today. Seems like only yesterday I would have Sunday diner occasionally at grandpa and grandma's house. Wow time does really move quickly, but its a treasure to have them, :)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Wait until you become a Great Grandfather......

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Became a grandfather for the 5th time today. Seems like only yesterday I would have Sunday diner occasionally at grandpa and grandma's house. Wow time does really move quickly, but its a treasure to have them, :)
I would love to have my grandfathers back. I grew up with my grandparents on the farm. My parents both worked and if I wasn***8217;t in school I was at the farm. If we could walk then we could pull weeds in the bean fields. I am greatful the way I was raised and attribute that to my parents and grandparents. Cherish the moments. I wish my kids could be closer to their grandparents but life brought us 850 miles apart.

Last edited:

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
The down side to raising two very successful career minded daughters: No grand kids. Now that I retired I have threaten to move in with the oldest if something doesn't happen soon!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Life is short. And, it speeds up toward the end.

Kids are God's way of reminding us all of that.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Wait until you become a Great Grandfather......
X10. 3 boys, 7 girls. Entirely possible I could live to see great-great-grandchildren.

Congratulations to the OP! Grandchildren are a safe, legal and fun way to get paybacks for all the grief your kids gave you when they were teens. :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Congratulations Mondo
It is very sobering when your grand babies, have babies, we have 6 great grand babies,,,the kids found something they really enjoy doing I guess :D

https://youtu.be/dt6-ZtOL_gY?t=19

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I have 3 great-grandchildren already. I have seven grandchildren.

Five of those grandchildren, all girls, lived with us 7 years while my daughter got her education and a good paying job after her husband became disabled. During that time we wanted all 7 of them out of the house ASAP.

Now that they finally took ten acres of our land and put a 5 bedroom house on it, we can't wait for the little ones to come down the hill to visit. Sometimes one of the bigger kids will drive them down but most of the time one will bring them down in a cart behind their ridding lawn mower.

The oldest girl is in her second year at UAB to become a doctor while the youngest is starting 1st grade this year.

Now being a grandparent is even more fun.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
3 grandsons, 4 granddaughters.

I believe that grandkids are God's reward for not killing your own children when you had the chance. :D

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Congrats, Mondo!!!!

The wife and I are still waiting on the first grand to hit the ground. Its been a tough go for the daughter in law though. They are conceiving easy enough but the baby making it through the first 6 to 10 weeks is proving to be easier said than done. They have had 4 miscarriages. She takes it hard too. My son has been a rock and very stoic through it all but I believe its beginning to take a toll on him as well.

They are good kids and will make good parents one day.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Didn't know my grandparents very well. Dad never let us spend much time with them. Now that I'm older and moved away, I don't see my parents much either. With their health issues it's tough for them to get out, tougher for me to go visit (don't feel welcome). Don't have any kids of my own and I'm not sorry about it. My mom & dad always like to rub that in my face when I'm over there. Had plenty of female counterparts but none of them that I'd liked to have settled down with until recently, but we're both in our 40's and she can't have kids anyway.

I ain't lonely as long as I've got something to do; and as the old saying goes, the devil lives on an idle mind. I'm never idle...

Those of you who have kids and a good family--you don't know how fortunate you really are. Count your blessings and treasure them as often as possible.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Congrats!!
We are waiting for the first to happen sometime as well. Both the daughters (identical twins) are in long-standing relationships, but no weddings on the radar either. They both have great boys....even Dad approves![emoji41]
Unfortunately, they on opposite coasts, and a long way from here.
I keep telling the “college boy” to keep it in his pants, but I remember 21.....and he tends to have some very attractive female companions....[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mondo

Equipment
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
Sorry to hear that EHenry. Hope all works out fine. You and the family are definitely in my prayers.

Mondo

Equipment
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
Thanks for the congrats gents. It is a blessing to have them. I also have 5 boys with a set of Identical twins. Fortunately none of them ever gave me any heartaches, well maybe once. 4 of them and me played ice hockey together in a men's league. One of the twins demoted me from captain. I guess that was a get even move :D. He said on the ice we are teammates, at home I am the father. So I told him wait until we get home tonight:rolleyes: