G1800S Front Wheel Camber??

RSole

Equipment
G1800S
May 24, 2024
Eastern Ontario, Canada
Hi, new member here.
The front tires are closer to each other at the bottom than at the top (camber, I believe) and when I turn sharply, the outer tire looks like it wants to tuck under. I bought it used, is it possible the axle spindles are bent in from hitting curbs, etc, or is this camber normal? If not normal, could I remove the axle/spindles and bend them back? They look awfully thick and hard to bend. Thanks.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Rsole,

Welcome to the forum.

It alwaysssssss helps - if you give us specifics, for example - we are guessing that this is on your G1800s?

and a picture would help us tremendously.

I am going out on a limb and say that the axles are not bent - but weirder things have happened.

Take a picture and upload and hopefully we can help

RSole

Equipment
G1800S
May 24, 2024
Eastern Ontario, Canada
Yes, The G1800S is the only Kubota that I have. I just now looked at a PDF manual for the tractor and indeed it shows the wheels tilted inwards at the bottom. I find that odd since tilted outwards would make more sense, especially when turning sharply, but I am not the Kubota engineer who designed this.
Thanks for your reply, now to search "how to pull front wheels off axles".

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Tractors and other off-road vehicles often use positive camber, or "toe-in", because it can provide several benefits, including: Lower steering effort, Improved stability and handling on uneven terrain, Better traction, and Smoother ride.

Cut and paste via AI google! :ROFLMAO:

RSole

Equipment
G1800S
May 24, 2024
Eastern Ontario, Canada
Tractors and other off-road vehicles often use positive camber, or "toe-in", because it can provide several benefits, including: Lower steering effort, Improved stability and handling on uneven terrain, Better traction, and Smoother ride.

Cut and paste via AI google! :ROFLMAO:
Yup, it definitely is positive camber. I'm glad to read that it's normal. Thank you all.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I don't believe it's model-specific. They all seem to be that way. Here's a picture of how much more the outside of my front tire wore (about 5 years of wear) and another after re-grooving it.
I believe that the wear that you are showing is the result of the toe setting being incorrect.