Fueling my L3800 sucks !

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I run mine right down towards 'E'. Then I put a towel on the hood. Set the five gallon can on the hood, then I use a K-1 siphon pump , pump the bulb, the siphon starts and drains the diesel can. No lifting and holding, no pouring, no splash.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Last year after we got the second tractor I got totally fed up with fuelling up out of cans so I picked up a 110 volt pump , put a filter on it with an auto cutout nozzle, bought a steel oil drum and now it's pure comfort now.

dsmiley

Equipment
BX25
Dec 15, 2011
Augusta, ME
I bought this pump that is rated for diesel at a marine supply store. That was 3 years and 400 hours ago. I cut the alligator clips off and soldered on a lighter plug for my BX's auxiliary power outlet and I replaced the black hose with clear vinyl tubing. I simply drop the pump into my 5 gal. diesel can, put the plug into the outlet, and then turn the key to ACC to start the pump. It fills the tank in about a minute. The fuel left in the line drains back into the fuel can. The pump is 1.5" in diameter and 6.5" long and the bottom does need to be submerged. I store it in a container like a compound pail with a cover to keep it clean and put an old towel between the wet and dry parts. It works great for me and at $67 w/free shipping, I would buy another in a minute should this one fail.

Dean

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
I just drive my tractor 1/4 mile down the road to the station that sells diesel, waving to people in their yards. Such fun!

It's amazing how friendly people are to tractor folks!

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I have a few of these and they are great. I haven't spilled a drop. They can fall over with no leaks too.
I bought a red one and a yellow. The yellow was missing a nut & bolt so I called the company to send me a new nut and bolt. In the meantime i used a bolt I had and it worked great. The company didn't send me a replacement bolt - they sent me a whole new can! Then a week later I received another free can so now I have four, two gas and two diesel! I have no idea why they were so generous but I'll take it and will certainly buy from them again!

They are 5 gallon cans by the way.

Attachments

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
The Jeg's cans do look handy, but would be messy starting with a full jug. & you'll nee a pretty large funnel...
Bluegill, you can put a simple 1/4 turn valve on these jugs since they have standard pipe thread built into the cap. Starting with a full or empty jug is the same, flip it over and insert fill hose into your tank fill spout, THEN flip the 1/4 turn lever.

We use em for our Lemons racing and I've been very impressed. FAST fill and no spill!

Pappy

May 13, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Have ya tried the one I'm talkin about? :rolleyes:
No. I wasn't talking about that one. I meant the ones with the spring loaded nozzles that are such a PITA to use.

I put one of the No-Spill cans you recommended on my Amazon Wish List and will order it with my next order from Amazon. Looks great.

Morgan44

Jul 7, 2013
Walton KY USA
Tuff jug. I tried one, and it's the best I've ever used. I bought four more, to replace all my others. My local Kubota dealer carries them, but look them up online, they are worth the price. Extremely fast and no spill with their nozzle design.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Just got my yellow NO SPILL cans about a week ago. I've used them a couple of times, and they are great! They also manage to stop flowing just before the fuel overflows the tractor tank. Bluegill, thanks for the tip.:)

Balvar24

Equipment
L3800 HST, 5ft Rotary Cutter, 5ft Box Blade, Pallet Forks, 72" Rotary Tiller
Feb 18, 2014
Rock Ridge
I found a clean 20 gallon barrel, picked up a rotary vane pump, some hose, fittings, and a filter. Now I just crank the handle when I need some fuel. Didn't spend much more than if I had bought two or three fuel cans. So far, so good. If I decide I need to, I can switch to a 50 gallon drum with no problem.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I just got my first No Spill can yesterday. This thing is really great.
Just got my yellow NO SPILL cans about a week ago. I've used them a couple of times, and they are great! They also manage to stop flowing just before the fuel overflows the tractor tank. Bluegill, thanks for the tip.:)
Bought a red 5 gallon "no spill", and had to order 2 yellow one's. Seriously fast, great fuel cans. Thanks for the tip !
You're welcome guys! I told ya they were very good cans. :cool:

Pappy

May 13, 2013
Dallas, Texas
You're welcome guys! I told ya they were very good cans. :cool:
Yes you did, and I appreciate the tip.

Now I've just gotta figure how to repurpose the two sucky EPA approved Spectre brand diesel jugs I've got. I can't imagine ever using them again for refilling my tractor.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Use to hold fuel as emergency supply or find way to make easy to use. I got old gas and kerosene cans that the nozzle broke off but still used for storage.