Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
'best' is a very subjective term, and really none are 'best'.
You need to layout the 'rules' of the comparisons, then so a blind test.

Reminds me of the TV show where the somalia(sp..wine expert), swapped wines. Put $200 wine in $5 bottle, $5 wine in $200 bottle ( used wine 'thief' ) so no one KNEW they'd be switched.
ALL of the experts agreed the $200 bottle of wine was far superior. Man was there 'egg on their faces' when the truth came out !!!!
I've got a 70 year old 3 furrow, 14" plow with smooth coulters. Is it the 'best'. Don't know. I assume 'they' have made a few improvements in 3/4 of a century BUT what I do KNOW is that it performs very,very well, exceeds MY needs. Yes, it's rusty and dusty, ain't 'purdy' but for $50, 25 years ago is the 'best' for me.
Me thinks you are not very busy this day.
Trying to split theoretical hairs!

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I'm not sure that the credit card companies are still doing business with EA after having been burned. Maybe the Ted lovers on this site will underwrite the risk of someone's purchase.
One thing that a credit card merchant bank might do is to process the charge and then hold the money in escrow until the buyer acknowledges delivery of the tool. Until that release, both the buyer and seller are protected. PayPal has operated like that from the beginning right up to this day for new accounts that don't have a track record or post some financial banking account information showing their reputation as being legitimate.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
One thing that a credit card merchant bank might do is to process the charge and then hold the money in escrow until the buyer acknowledges delivery of the tool. Until that release, both the buyer and seller are protected. PayPal has operated like that from the beginning right up to this day for new accounts that don't have a track record or post some financial banking account information showing their reputation as being legitimate.
Say what? I have a Paypal business account and AFAIK Paypal has never escrowed any of my sales, asked me for any financial info, or asked a customer to confirm receipt of a purchase..

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Say what? I havecaxPaypal business accountvsnd AFAIK Paypal has never escrowed any of my sales, asked me for any financial info, or asked a customer to confirm delivery.

Dan
You must have given them your business information along with a bank account when you opened the account, so they were able to do a credit check and know that you are reputable. Please read my original post and pay particular attention to the following words in my original post.

PayPal has operated like that from the beginning right up to this day for new accounts that don't have a track record or post some financial banking account information showing their reputation as being legitimate.
If they allowed every new account to withdraw the money without any restrictions, then people would be opening new accounts, and as fast as the money came in, they would be withdrawing it and the buyers wouldn't have any recourse. Scammers try every way that they can think of to take money from honest people that are trusting.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You must have given them your business information along with a bank account when you opened the account, so they were able to do a credit check and know that you are reputable. Please read my original post and pay particular attention to the following words in my original post.

If they allowed every new account 8to withdraw the money without any restrictions, then people would be opening new accounts, and as fast as the money came in, they would be withdrawing it and the buyers wouldn't have any recourse. Scammers try every way that they can think of to take money from honest people that are trusting.
How do you withdraw money from a Paypal account? You transfer it to your bank account. In my case a personal checking account. Zero business information needed - just my name and account number.

Scammers have bank accounts too. They use them to withdraw the money and then quickly disappear only to reappear with a different name and bank account. If they fool the bank they fool Paypal

Buyer complaints are what alerts Paypal to scammers. When that happens the Paypal account is immediatly frozen and Paypal is on the hook for the undelivered merchandise. They cover those losses with the vigorish collected on the bogus sales augmented with vigorish from other legit sales.

Thats why using Paypal for purchases is safer than mailing some stranger a check.

Dan

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Don't know if you have opened a bank account recently, however, the banks now require social security numbers, and if they don't already have a relationship with you, they take all your information, and let you know a day later if they are going to open the account or not. Quite difficult to scam a bank into opening an account, unlike years ago they would open an account when you walked into the bank.
PayPal doesn't get fooled very often. They have a very sophisticated vetting method when you open an account. When I opened my PayPal account 25 years ago, I couldn't draw the money out the same day it was deposited, because they had a 14-day hold on it.

From the PayPal website:
Why do I have to wait 21 days for my PayPal money?

We require you to confirm your identity, and we monitor your performance as a seller. As you begin your selling journey, or start selling after a while, we hold the initial payments you receive for up to 21 days. This is a common industry practice to cover any potential buyer complaints that may happen in that time.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Don't know if you have opened a bank account recently, however, the banks now require social security numbers, and if they don't already have a relationship with you, they take all your information, and let you know a day later if they are going to open the account or not. Quite difficult to scam a bank into opening an account, unlike years ago they would open an account when you walked into the bank.
PayPal doesn't get fooled very often. They have a very sophisticated vetting method when you open an account. When I opened my PayPal account 25 years ago, I couldn't draw the money out the same day it was deposited, because they had a 14-day hold on it.

From the PayPal website:
Exactly. Its hard to fool a bank which is why its hard to scam Paypal.

If there was ever a hold on my funds it was transparent to me. I have definitly used my balance to make purchases the same day a psyment was received.

Dan