Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
yeah what is 'fair'.?.. within walking distance of me.... big house, big mancave/garage, 4 acres... property taxes = $2500. quick jog down the road.. bigger house, no man cave/garage, 2 acres..property taxes = $19,000
Ain't no way you can convince me THAT is 'fair'.
It's that way here too. A property in excess of 15 acres is considered a homestead / farm / whatever. With our 3-1/2 acres we pay several times what the 150 acre neighboring farm does with a great old stone farmhouse, large chicken house, barn and business building. A nearby farmer developed all except 15.1 acres and pays around $2K property taxes per year.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
That simply means that according to the tax laws,.......high earners ARE paying their "FAIR SHARE"!
FAIR,......per the tax code!
Why would anyone want to pay more than what the law requires?
Would you consider buying a car listed for $85K, but instead offer to pay $100K?
You missed my point. I never said anyone was cheating by using the tax law deductions. I said that higher earners typically pay a smaller percentage of their income than middle income earners. And this is true. I pay the full 22% of my tax bracket, yet high earners typically pay a smaller percentage, especially when a chunk of income is from investments.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Politicians are the ones that created the tax code, and then they bitch because of the wealth that uses that very tax code that they created to figure their taxes. Most of the deductions that are afforded to the wealthy were created by the politicians who took campaign money from the wealthy and gave them tax breaks as a favor for lining the pockets of the politicians. My wife and I are W2 employees, and we pay taxes based on earnings. Since we both are on Social Security, we also pay taxes on the money that we gave to the government in our early days of working that the government is now giving back to us. Being thrifty we saved and created IRAs and now we have to take money out of the IRAs every year, and we pay taxes on that money also.
Our town charges us for the privilege of living in our home and taxes that property also. They also have a personal property tax that they charge us every year for our automobiles. If we improve our property/home, they raise the assessment and charge us more taxes.
When we go to the store to purchase almost anything other than food, the government charges us a sales tax on what we purchase.
When we die, the government charges us a death tax on whatever we own and leaves it to relatives and friends.
The only thing that is certain in life is death and taxes, and the way that it is going that are going to tax us to death!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Death tac
Politicians are the ones that created the tax code, and then they bitch because of the wealth that uses that very tax code that they created to figure their taxes. Most of the deductions that are afforded to the wealthy were created by the politicians who took campaign money from the wealthy and gave them tax breaks as a favor for lining the pockets of the politicians. My wife and I are W2 employees, and we pay taxes based on earnings. Since we both are on Social Security, we also pay taxes on the money that we gave to the government in our early days of working that the government is now giving back to us. Being thrifty we saved and created IRAs and now we have to take money out of the IRAs every year, and we pay taxes on that money also.
Our town charges us for the privilege of living in our home and taxes that property also. They also have a personal property tax that they charge us every year for our automobiles. If we improve our property/home, they raise the assessment and charge us more taxes.
When we go to the store to purchase almost anything other than food, the government charges us a sales tax on what we purchase.
When we die, the government charges us a death tax on whatever we own and leaves it to relatives and friends.
The only thing that is certain in life is death and taxes, and the way that it is going that are going to tax us to death!

Death tax? I was executor of my father’s estate last year. We never paid a death tax. What are you referring to?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Reactions: 1 user

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Back on topic!

Ted, or someone using his account is posting on the EA Facebook channel today!
Thank you for getting us back on track. We went from road bed to SS 😳. It’s like a drunk running the truck weaving all over the road or maybe just maybe it’s Peanut who keeps derailing this thread 🤷🏻‍♂️

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
from the PDF ,seems proceeds of house sale( 4M) is split between bank(2M) ,local taxes, IRS owed and then $113K to be split between the lawyers and 'reasonable expenses'.
Nothing in that PDF about cash for 'EA now reopening for business'....

what's neat for me, is being able to GET the court records via the internet !!!

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
wonder who is fronting the capital ?
be interesting to see who doles out 100% of their money for 3-6 months of 'air'
Some one will...there's been plenty of people who joined OTT over the past few months just to say thanks for this thread as they were ready and willing to drop the coin but some light googling brought them here. I almost dropped the coin three years ago when I bought my tractor but 6+ months lead time...I wasn't having that. They do make really nice products but others have emerged to pick up some of the slack, like in the grapple department with Catawaba for example. I would be leary for a long while about giving EA any of my money without it being face to face or COD.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Some one will...there's been plenty of people who joined OTT over the past few months just to say thanks for this thread as they were ready and willing to drop the coin but some light googling brought them here. I almost dropped the coin three years ago when I bought my tractor but 6+ months lead time...I wasn't having that. They do make really nice products but others have emerged to pick up some of the slack, like in the grapple department with Catawaba for example. I would be leary for a long while about giving EA any of my money without it being face to face or COD.
I am not aware of Catawaba, or anyone else, producing attachments with quality to match that of EA.
I would be happy to order again from EA.
i do not see the $ risk doom that the naysayers do.

It is very simple!
Use your credit card!
If your order has not arrived within 90 days, just cancel the order, and get a full CC refund.
Risk = ZERO!

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
yeah what is 'fair'.?.. within walking distance of me.... big house, big mancave/garage, 4 acres... property taxes = $2500. quick jog down the road.. bigger house, no man cave/garage, 2 acres..property taxes = $19,000
Ain't no way you can convince me THAT is 'fair'.
THAT has nothing to do with "fair", .... with respect to the income tax issue, being discussed above.
What you refer to is a totally different animal!
Your very LOCAL real estate assessment methods/situation defines THAT issue.
You are mixing apples and oranges.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've been an outspoken supporter of Everything Attachments on this forum based on the fact that they make (made) excellent products and the fact that I made five, trouble-free purchases from them over the past 3-1/2 years. I still hope that they can get back to making great products but I wonder if that's even possible. The new tractor owner rush has slowed down significantly and so has the customer base that consists of uninformed first time implement buyers.

EA might have a hard time convincing the informed to take another chance on them, so I feel that their future success will depend more on a new customer base, which is going to be tough.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Well, what is certain is that EA continued to take orders with full payment up front for many months (starting in the Fall of 2023) when they knew they were facing a financial crisis. They did this without warning their potential customers of the risks. How this reflects on the owner is inescapable.

You see at this point and long before people/customers forming opinions about the owner based on youtube videos, a couple of phone calls, a few emails and genuine satisfaction with their delivered equipment. None of these things give you any insight into the real character and/or business acumen/recklessness of the owner. It is a human trait to form essentially a relationship with people/businesses/brands on scant facts. How many times are people surprised to find out the truth about a celebrity, sports figure, business or even someone they actually knew well.

I would suggest that EA provides another example of why you should be circumspect about how much you really know about a person/business. You do not want to live your life assuming that everyone is out to cheat you, but you do want to act based on what you know (often very little) versus what you wish. There is nothing wrong with telling others of your positive experience with a business/individual, but it quite another thing to extrapolate knowledge of a business/individual’s true character. I remember reading many posts here from members extolling EA and its owner and attacking any doubters – essentially based on nothing more than maybe a good purchase experience (some of the posters had not even bought anything yet) and feelings conjured from their own minds.

I previously posted the above. My basic question is:

Why would anyone want to patronize a business, even if their products are good, that has behaved this way?

BTW, credit card refunds/charge backs are the responsibility of the credit card issuer/merchant processor; they in turn will seek to recoup the loss from the merchant. Did EA actually cover all of the refunds? I do not know; does anyone?

Reactions: 1 users