Did some more plowing!!!

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Well, I did some more plowing Friday afternoon and I had OTT in mind when I did it. So, here are some pics of my plow AND BX doing some "Turning"!!!

Pic of new plot going in;

Close-up of new plot going in;

Finished product;

Plow on the BX;

Close-up of plow on the BX;

Showing how nice the coulter blade works on the plow;

The furrows are anywhere from 8 to 10" deep. Plus, they are very uniform. I absolutely love how this plow works. :D

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Those looks good .Bet that plow hasnt been that shiney in a long time. really like your tractor setup looks good. handy

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I'll second handy!

See how much you get done with out TV :p
I noticed your four legged supervisor keeping an eye on you :cool:

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
I'll second handy!

See how much you get done with out TV :p
I noticed your four legged supervisor keeping an eye on you :cool:

Scott
He is a hoot:) When he first showed up two years ago, he could barely walk. He had a bad front right leg, a bad rear left leg, and he was all torn up, (other dogs got ahold of him). It took two day's for him to let me close enough to take a good look at him. It took another two day's for him to take a milk bone from my hand. But, once that happened, he has never left my side. You could tell he was beaten by who ever had him before he showed up on our property. What's funny is, he is only afraid of women who wear glasses. He absolutely loves being around guy's. My wife, (who is VERY allergic to dogs), has totally fell in love with him, and he now has complete run of the house when we are home. I put a 200', (yes that's correct, a 200'), run in for him while we are at work! He loves it!!!

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
He is a hoot:) When he first showed up two years ago, he could barely walk. He had a bad front right leg, a bad rear left leg, and he was all torn up, (other dogs got ahold of him). It took two day's for him to let me close enough to take a good look at him. It took another two day's for him to take a milk bone from my hand. But, once that happened, he has never left my side. You could tell he was beaten by who ever had him before he showed up on our property. What's funny is, he is only afraid of women who wear glasses. He absolutely loves being around guy's. My wife, (who is VERY allergic to dogs), has totally fell in love with him, and he now has complete run of the house when we are home. I put a 200', (yes that's correct, a 200'), run in for him while we are at work! He loves it!!!
N ice to hear good dog stories like that. Thanks.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hey bro, one thing that gets me madder'n hell is somebody that beats a dog :mad:

Of course now you know we need to go rough up a lady that wears glasses :rolleyes:

Make sure you give him some of his favorite messy ribs this weekend.

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Hey Pt about how long did it take you to do that with a one bottom plow? I get asked all the time if I can till a garden for some customers and all I have been useing is my grading box with the teeth to break up the ground. But its now where near as good as what your plow has done.

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
ptwyz,

Looks good, glad it worked out for you. I have thought about cutting up an old two bottom pull type plow that I have to make something like that for my L175, but I don't think turf tires would work very well for plowing.

Its going to be a week or two until I can even think about getting into my garden, we got about 8" of that wet white stuff Saturday.

Robert

Last edited:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
I used turff tires on a lot smaller tractor than you have and it did great. BUT I did only use 1 plow not 2. handy

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Hey bro, one thing that gets me madder'n hell is somebody that beats a dog :mad:

Of course now you know we need to go rough up a lady that wears glasses :rolleyes:

Make sure you give him some of his favorite messy ribs this weekend.

Scott
It's funny you said that! He got the ribs last Saturday nite when I got back from my class.

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
Hey Pt about how long did it take you to do that with a one bottom plow? I get asked all the time if I can till a garden for some customers and all I have been useing is my grading box with the teeth to break up the ground. But its now where near as good as what your plow has done.
Literally 23 minutes! It's funny you asked ;) I timed myself...

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
ptwyz,

Looks good, glad it worked out for you. I have thought about cutting up an old two bottom pull type plow that I have to make something like that for my L175, but I don't think turf tires would work very well for plowing.

Its going to be a week or two until I can even think about getting into my garden, we got about 8" of that wet white stuff Saturday.

Robert
Now, to be completely honest, in order for me to get a full pull, I do have to have the tractor throttle wide open and be in four wheel drive. But, it does get the job done.

Plus, am I going too deep? I am going between 8 and 10 inches. Maybe that's too much for my size of tractor? But it works...

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Literally 23 minutes! It's funny you asked ;) I timed myself...
See, that proves men know better.
A women would never think of timing how long she could plow a field. Heck, if you told your wife "Honey, where is my watch? I need it so that I can stay efficient with time management plowing the field." She would say "What do you want to do that for. Nobody is gonna care how long it took."

Thankfully though, you now have the pertinent information to pass on to brother Eric.

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
Jan 7, 2010
See, that proves men know better.
A women would never think of timing how long she could plow a field. Heck, if you told your wife "Honey, where is my watch? I need it so that I can stay efficient with time management plowing the field." She would say "What do you want to do that for. Nobody is gonna care how long it took."

Thankfully though, you now have the pertinent information to pass on to brother Eric.

Scott
AIN'T it so!!! ;)

Brother Eric, please use this information for good only. Please use it to defeat all evil. They don't need feet anyway...

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
UMMM I dont know about all that. I was just curious to know how long I'd spend on a job if I bought a plow for my tractor and have a paying customer hire me to make a garden. I have a job coming up that I'm donating tractor time and skills to install a garden for a private school that does not have the funds to put a garden in. All I'm doing is working the dirt and making it workable by hand so the kids can get in there and plant. I'm going to tackel all this with just my grading box with the teeth on it. It would be much nicer to have a bottom plow.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
AIN'T it so!!! ;)

Brother Eric, please use this information for good only. Please use it to defeat all evil. They don't need feet anyway...
You are a thinker! Just think about how easy they would be to catch without feet :D

Scott