Dealer won't sell backhoe uninstalled .

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I gave a bud the name of the dealer I bought my backhoe & subframe kit from to get a quote for his tractor & they came back with a installed price . When he asked to buy just the subframe kit & hoe they said they wouldn't sell them uninstalled cause of warranty down the road .
I bought mine 2 maybe 3 years back uninstalled with no problem buying it that way . He has a BX I believe & was quoted almost 3.5K more than I paid for my Bh77 .
thanks
animal

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
I gave a bud the name of the dealer I bought my backhoe & subframe kit from to get a quote for his tractor & they came back with a installed price . When he asked to buy just the subframe kit & hoe they said they wouldn't sell them uninstalled cause of warranty down the road .
I bought mine 2 maybe 3 years back uninstalled with no problem buying it that way . He has a BX I believe & was quoted almost 3.5K more than I paid for my Bh77 .
thanks
animal

Inflation

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
You can’t add a factory backhoe to a standard BX model because the backhoe mounting is part of the tractor frame.

edit: “can’t” 😂 some backyard engineer could prove this wrong 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
He has a B2601, so I guess that takes a BH70 . Would I be correct in guessing that theres a subframe kit to go with the hoe ?
thanks
animals45

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
subframe kit (bolts on...) and the BH70 'unit'
sounds like dealer just demands to make $$$$ money ??
be interesting to get actual part numbers and see if you can order them ,from ,say messicks ?

I know if I was to 'upgrade' to a B2601, I'd get the subframe. that way I can borrow neighbours BH70.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Two things drive business. Risk and reward. The dealer wants more money, obviously. They are also reducing (or at least having some control) of the risk of a warranty claim and/or an upset customer down the road if an installation issue causes a problem with the backhoe.

Say your buddy buys the BH and subframe, bolts it up and something isn’t working right. That right there will tend to irritate a customer that just spent nearly $10kband some may blame the dealer although maybe it’s an installation issue, not a defect with the equipment. The dealer has risk in that situation. At a minimum the risk of upsetting a customer that might (or might not) make future purchasing decisions based of jaded information.

That said, I expect at least half of the folks that own such equipment care more about doing a good job of it than someone that does it as a job.

This is the reason I do all the service I can on my equipment on my own. You can not pay someone enough to care about your equipment as much or more than you do. Unless you just don’t care, and some folks don’t, which is why quick lubes can screwup every 50th, 100th, 1000th car enough to for it to matter and folks are still willing take their $50-80k car there.

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
I here you . I'm 67 , disabled & I still do as much work on our stuff that I can do . I installed the sub kit on my 3301 , yea it took me a few days but its on it works & I know how it goes together so I know where to look when & if I start to hear weird noises . I just did rear brakes on my wife's jeep last week , I may be old & bent up but I still enjoy the work .
animal

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Two things drive business. Risk and reward. The dealer wants more money, obviously. They are also reducing (or at least having some control) of the risk of a warranty claim and/or an upset customer down the road if an installation issue causes a problem with the backhoe.

Say your buddy buys the BH and subframe, bolts it up and something isn’t working right. That right there will tend to irritate a customer that just spent nearly $10kband some may blame the dealer although maybe it’s an installation issue, not a defect with the equipment. The dealer has risk in that situation. At a minimum the risk of upsetting a customer that might (or might not) make future purchasing decisions based of jaded information.

That said, I expect at least half of the folks that own such equipment care more about doing a good job of it than someone that does it as a job.

This is the reason I do all the service I can on my equipment on my own. You can not pay someone enough to care about your equipment as much or more than you do. Unless you just don’t care, and some folks don’t, which is why quick lubes can screwup every 50th, 100th, 1000th car enough to for it to matter and folks are still willing take their $50-80k car there.
Approaching 83, and have yet to pay for an oil change in anything.

Reactions: 2 users

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Suggest a different dealer. I bought one uninstalled.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Ok, I was curious, looked up my BX23S at Kub CDA parts...
C41700.png

clearly shows all the bits and pieces for the 'sub frame', though I can't find figs M212xx online... if it's 'cooler' outside I'll look at my tractor to see how and where the 'subframe' is welded onto the front frame. One problem is WHICH 'BX' does the guy have......

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
thanks
animal
It's his business.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Unless they have changed the BX, I was told they undercarriage, could not be installed,, I dont know, that was from the dealer when I bought my little beasty

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
well I'd like one of the guys who do know, explain how the diagram shows the subframe stuff.
I'd expected a 'special BX23S only' frame....
curious, like my cats.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The BX23S has a different engine than the rest of the BX line from past postings. There have to be some differences that we are not aware of, such as hydraulic plumbing. Another expensive item will be the rotational seat that the other tractors don't come with. By the time you add all the things that are necessary to make it into a BX23S, you might as well sell what you have and buy what you want!

pjoh784350

Equipment
BX23, quick attach bucket, 3 point, pallet forks
May 3, 2019
Danville
Great vid here on the BX2380 series explaining why the BH on only 1 unit.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
saw the video...
ok, wider/taller ROPS makes sense
swivel seat makes sense
3 more hp isn't an issue

He doesn't explain WHY the 'subframe' is welded on or WHY all the parts for it can be bought(see #13 post picture )

I don't know of other BX... have the 'loopback' hydraulic couplers..haven't found real diagrams online. even the BX23S doesn't show it(though maybe hidden in some weird spot ....)
I can't believe the 'front' or 'main' frames are different.
hopefully domeone knows and will reply as to why...