Daylight saving time

car compulsive

Jun 25, 2015
MI
Being an early morning person, I'd be perfectly happy if we stayed on EST year-round. I've been up for a couple hours and need to find a few more things to get done before going to work, as I don't want to get there before 6:30.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
When I think of all the life altering changes in 69 years, the effort of changing the clock twice a year sort of pales in comparison. For example, how do you compare changing from rotary dial phones to smart phones, to changing the clock twice a year? And for the time challenged Polish, a lot of new clocks and all cell phones automatically change time.:D:D:D
Closing in on your age. I was on an F150 forum and asked a question and a guy said "Just use your smartphone". I responded that I didn't have a smartphone and he said to get one and it would change my life. Little did I know how true that statement was. If I am working on something and not near my computer and have a question I just talk or tap an inquiry and get answers, even in the pasture or barn. I was in charge of our IT before it was called IT and was up on most current technology when I was in the corp world but since I retired from that environment I find that tech keeps marching on.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And soon everyone forgets how to think, techno is a wonderful thing but in MHO it was gotten way out of hand

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Try living in Alaska. You don't see much daylight for about a WEEK, but in the summer, there's not much darkness for the same period. The winter SUCKS, time change or not. If you're north of the circle, about 2 months of dark, then 2 months of daylight. Winter still sucks.

an extra hour in the morning isn't bad....I get up early and go fishing before work. Then in the Spring, I can fish AFTER work while there's daylight. I reckon I'm one of those weirdo's that tries to make the best of every minute. But I still manage to gripe about too much stuff.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I don't really care if we were on Daylight or Standard time, just quit changing it!
I am with you on that one. I hate changing the clocks. It is a pain in the bottom and it never made sense anyway. Animals wake up with the sun and so do I. The clock has never been a factor in what time I wake up. I think that DST is for the benefit of politicians and drunks.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
That is sooooo bad! :p :D

Having spent a few years in the thumb of Michigan I heard hundreds of polish jokes, but the best ones were always from this old Polish guy and 99% of the time they were about his wife! ;) :D
My Grandfather was born in Bohemia which is 1 of the 4 states of the Czech
Republic. I had located some cousins but could not prove it. I had my DNA
analyzed and then paid to have 1 of my cousins done. Sure enough he was
my cousin. Of course, the strange thing was that our DNA originated in
Northern Norway. I suppose my GGGGG Viking Grandfather took his Viking
Longship into the Baltic sea, into the Elbe River, through Germany, through Austria into Bohemia where he asked my GGGGG Grandmother for a date
or whatever Vikings did.