Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Those are all your opinions and thats fine but the reality is your side of the fence tends to impose its will on mine and it is NOT the other way around. We believe in freedom first.
Might be the truest statement I've ever heard. Well said.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Well it would appear to me that the same thing applies to both of you, and that neither set of opinions, yours or mine, can be claimed as truth or hoax unless you are willing to do the work of looking at the data carefully. I think we are all in agreement that the folks that stand to make money, eg media, oil companies, car companies, over state over simplifications. In particular no single weather event "proves" warming or cooling. This is because the vast majority of Americans have poor science educations and can't be bothered to examine a complex issue carefully. The same thing applies to heated political issues. How many of you read the text of the "phone call" for yourself? Listened to the witnesses? Listened to the attorneys in their entirety, not just a 15 second sound bite? Read the Mueller report? All this is freely available, but it is a lot of work. There are very good and credible people and there are the opposite involved.

In the climate issues there are plenty of parts that are scientifically debatable, and the way science works is people do the best they can, and if the data suggests something is wrong they go back to the drawing boards and try again. I think it is not helpful to use words like brainwashed and hoax. It stops useful discussion.
Had me up till your last sentence.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
motionclone, You sir need to take a vacation! ;)
Weve all been on vacation, thats how this stuff has gotten so bad.

Maybe you think ive gotten off topic? Well YOU changed the title a while ago so anything goes right?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
That was interesting D2, I've been suspicious of those calculations for a long time. Bet they aren't calculating how much fuel it takes to ship carrots into account. Wondered though, how the modelers handle the conversion of methane into CO2. A plant doesn't care where a CO2 molecule came from, and neither does the atmospheric insulation effect.

People by and large are pretty ignorant of livestock production, and especially what they will or won't survive on. Cattle and sheep will survive on the high desert, nothing but sagebrush, if the stocking rate is low. Or for millenia nomadic sheep and goat flocks supported small numbers of people where nothing can be grown.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Sheepfarmer, it is interesting what livestock can exist on. I remember a couple of years ago a lady offered training seminars for cattle owners on how to train their cattle to eat Musk Thistle. In all counties in Kansas it is considered a noxious weed. I've seen cattle eat the flower, but I can't imagine eating the prickly stems.

It looks like according to this article, we need to plant more vegetation, including trees.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Yeah vegans are destroying the planet by harvesting greens that absorb global warming co2 gas.

Eat more meat!! Save the Earth!!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Len,

Thistles? Javelina eat prickly pear cactus, stickers and all. I transplanted a bunch of cuttings and they made it through summer only to be ravaged by the piggies. And the rabbits.
I had to make fence-wire cages and place around them to keep the local critters off 'em. Between the wildlife and the globe chamomile weed that infested AZ last Spring, my yard is hosed... But, so is everyone else's.

(sigh)

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

Behold, the power of brainwashing and Hoaxes.

For those of you who dont know who she is..."HOW DARE YOU!!!"

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Re: Man Made Global COOLING?!

Why dont they call it Cattle made climate change then? Or Fart made climate change?

Why do people who believe the hoax insist on driving Electric cars which are charged by coal fired power plants? Those give off lots of CO2.

Dont all humans and most animals exhale CO2? Havent they been exhaling for all of eternity? Should we make some people stop breathing out but in is OK?
Really? deforestation, industrialization, agriculture, energy production have all increased exponentially along with the human population. The cows didn't create pastures for themselves, we did that because we wanted more of the tasty animals to eat. Do you think we've had no effect on the planet? Does it look the same as 100 years ago? 200 years? 1000?

As for the cooler weather, it's being pulled down from the arctic (heat goes north, cold comes south). This effect increases as the earth heats up at the equator. They actually warned us that the northern latitudes would become cooler first due to this. That will continue until there is no more ice to act as earth's air conditioning. Have you ever been in a car under the sun when the AC gets turned off?

Fallacious arguments, and attempts to scoff at serious debate, are going to be the end of us. I pray for our children.

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Those are all your opinions and thats fine but the reality is your side of the fence tends to impose its will on mine and it is NOT the other way around. We believe in freedom first.

Might be the truest statement I've ever heard. Well said.
Depends which side of the fence you're on.

If climate change is fake, then yes their will is imposed on you unfairly.

If climate change is real, then your will to dismiss it and continue on status quo is imposed on others, most notably coastal communities.

Much like anti-vaccine activists, their freedom/will to not get vaccinated imposes a risk to the rest of us. I for one am glad I never got polio, measles, mumps, rubella, or tetanus.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

Depends which side of the fence you're on.

If climate change is fake, then yes their will is imposed on you unfairly.

If climate change is real, then your will to dismiss it and continue on status quo is imposed on others, most notably coastal communities.

Much like anti-vaccine activists, their freedom/will to not get vaccinated imposes a risk to the rest of us. I for one am glad I never got polio, measles, mumps, rubella, or tetanus.
Nobody is talking about whether climate change is real or fake.
We are talking about the MAN MADE Climate change hoax. Is this really that hard to follow along to? Why does your side always do this?

In all actuality though. Im smart enough to realize there IS no talking about it really, just making fun of it and the minions that worship it.

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Why is it so hard to believe that dumping billions of tons of CO2 plus other pollutants into the environment would have a negative effect? To me it just makes sense that it couldn't be good. Even just the heat generated by the burning of so much fuel would logically have an effect even if you disregard the insulating effect of CO2 and methane.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nobody is talking about whether climate change is real or fake.
We are talking about the MAN MADE Climate change hoax. Is this really that hard to follow along to? Why does your side always do this?

In all actuality though. Im smart enough to realize there IS no talking about it really, just making fun of it and the minions that worship it.
Motionclone:

Seriously dude... Take a break... ;)

I won't continue letting you yell and insult other members, because they disagree with your claims / ideas that nothing we do as humans effects earth and our environment / climate.

Go run your tractor....
Break something on said tractor....
Then come back and talk about said broken tractor....

And why have I not closed the thread... because I'm not trying to be a dictator!

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Motionclone:

Seriously dude... Take a break... ;)

I won't continue letting you yell and insult other members, because they disagree with your claims / ideas that nothing we do as humans effects earth and our environment / climate.

Go run your tractor....
Break something on said tractor....
Then come back and talk about said broken tractor....

And why have I not closed the thread... because I'm not trying to be a dictator!
Shut it down. Im not going to be told i need to go do something else. Im either breaking a rule or im not. I think it was a crap move you changing the title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.