COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I think when your temps up it is past time. Then you know, I guess, you need to know where you were 3 or 4 days ago.. Better than nothing...maybe.
I thought the accurate ones were the ones they shoved up...let me imagine that.
50 people 6 feet apart all bent over with there jeans about there ankles.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
read my other posts buddy? I am science all the way. you are preaching to the choir here!
Pendoreille... only a small portion of my post was directed at you...
Read it again.

We should definately treat this cold like no other cold in history.

You guys are funny.

First time in history we let a flu close us down. And the closing down will only prolong it.
. IT IS STILL A FLU. ....
It is NOT the “flu”. Read and learn;.... or stay in denial:

What IS it about the people who want to stick their heads in the sand and get offended about wearing a mask?... they don’t argue about business-entrances that sign “No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service”. My business would also add “No Mask” to the sign.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
...Don't get in my space, don't come to my house and above all stay the hell away from me or you won't like the outcome.
Not sure why you feel the need to constantly threaten people or wish them harm. Regardless, I don't think anyone here is worried about the old guy with a short fuse waving his gun around. Just relax. Stay safe Flip, I wish you the best.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
....What IS it about the people who want to stick their heads in the sand and get offended about wearing a mask?... they don’t argue about business-entrances that sign “No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service”. My business would also add “No Mask” to the sign.
Yes, they have been moving the goal posts. I have been noticing that as well. In the lab it is Covid-19 (Corona Flu Virus) - denial?.

By all means wear a mask. Wear it in the car, wear it to bed, heck, wear it in the shower just to be sure. Ride that boogeyman for the next 10 years. Personally, I would rather get it over with and get on with it. I understand we are all different. I am surrounded by medical professionals, I do not fear this cold.

I wish everyone the best. Unfortunately, I think the current way they are fighting it will ensure it stays around for a long long time. So regardless of the method, I still want to get it over one way or the other so I know I'm not carrying the "boogeyman" around to harm others, the sooner, the better.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Hey Flip,
If you get twin 30s on that new drone I am building a shelter for sure:cool:!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
After work yesterday my girlfriend said I'm not into cooking I'm ordering out. We drove about 4 miles to the next town she went to the window paid and waited got the order and back to the car and I had my mask on. She removed hers and we headed home. I left my mask on she said 'why' are you wearing that in the car ? I said I want to be one of thoses people driving with a mask on that look stupid !!!
Our big night out.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Sleddog, you and motionclone are lucky enough to be living in states with very few covid cases so far, so the perspective of your associated health care friends is atypical. Many of us in different places feel a lot of things, scared doesn't quite cover it. Pissed off because it didn't have to go this way is more like it. Look at practically every other country in the world.

As far as the undercounting and overcounting issue, we've discussed it before, so no point in rehashing it. Michigan separates probable versus confirmed as well as test type. Read all the papers carefully. A lot is still a lot.

I am not sure why you linked the change in expected normal temperature to the covid issue? Do you really think it was a nefarious scheme to change the diagnosis rate? I for one have always thought the 98.6 ave normal was odd. I took a thermometer back to a pharmacy when I was a student because it never read over 97.4. Thought it was defective. Turns out that's where my temp and apparently a lot of other people's idles. Pharmacist said that to me 50 years ago.

I am curious as to why you are so certain that the covid virus would disappear if we all did nothing and let a bunch of folks get infected? Do you have any models or something that show that?
Again, you rely on numbers and data which has a high likely hood of being false or inacurate.
Elon musk and a Stanford professor agree:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The factories use an infrared thermometer like I carry for checking hot spots on engine blocks.

Monday, I had my monthly port flush and they took a blood panel to check my CEA level at St. Joe, Ann Arbor (in Ann Arbor 99% of the population wears a mask and has since the beginning btw) and at the hospital, last time I went, they used the IR thermometer which is as Daren stated, woefully inaccurate. This time they used the handheld probe thermometer and no I didn't have to bend over (I volunteered however... :p ), they used the probe thermometer in my mouth instead.

Time to remove the Power Port (my oncologist wants it out), but right now with farming, I don't because it's a surgical procedure (removal) and I don't have the time for recovery.

Maybe this winter when it's cold and dreary out, I'll have it removed.

Nice to be a cancer survivor, sure as hell don't want to succumb to Covid (Wuhan Flu) after what I went through. Would be a total waste not only for me but for the crack medical team I had that allowed me to be a survivor so yes, I don't want to contract it and I'll do everything to avoid contracting it, no matter what it takes, even if that means being a total recluse and hermit.

Where I stand (with my mask on, hand sanitizer close by and away from others, especially those that are too ignorant to practice common sense like social distancing and mask wearing in public.)

I don't care what you (any of you do), it's your ship, you are the captain. However, this is my ship and I'm the captain and I have very specific rules of conduct that I follow every day.

I like being alive and productive and you nor anyone else is going to impact my well being and again, I'll back that up anytime, anywhere.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
. Unfortunately, I think the current way they are fighting it will ensure it stays around for a long long time. So regardless of the method, I still want to get it over one way or the other so I know I'm not carrying the "boogeyman" around to harm others, the sooner, the better.
The “denial” you seek is within.... but we agree on one thing... the way it’s being handled will not end it soon. In fact, even the “flu” you seem stuck on has been around awhile also. This is never going away. But until we get some handle on it .... avoiding catching it and passing it on to others....How the hell do you propose to do that if you don’t social-distance and wear a mask??? Until a reliable preventative other than a change of public behavior......(probably an effective vaccine Coupled with social behavioral changes) ... we should not be behaving as if it’s another happy-go-lucky-day and respect what history teaches us.

Definition of “learning”: A change in behavior.

If you ain’t changing your behavior you’re part of the problem.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
A video everybody should watch from inside a covid trama center in Texas. Watch to the end when ages drop to teens.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2...g-newday-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/
Should be required watching, especially for those people that are in denial of wearing a mask or social distancing, few on here need to watch it in it's entirety. Bet none of them would want to be there.

I see on the sidebar, almsot 10,000,000 confirmed (Covid positive) documented cases. Thats 10 MILLION.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Quit raining!!! need to get away from here for awhile...1/2 you folks are nuts, the other 1/2 close except sheepfarmer. she maybe the voice of reason.
now the nuts part. I have always been attracted to those that are a bit of kilter.
need to stack wood, figure stuff out. I may be the only blue spot in a red area.
I love my neighbors and i think they love me. What makes good neighbors are being a good neighbor. Cheez this sounds like Mr Rogers.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
a side note, 44 years ago I did not blow up the TV I took it out and shot it full of holes. What did I learn? I had to clean up the mess.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Quit raining!!! need to get away from here for awhile...1/2 you folks are nuts, the other 1/2 close except sheepfarmer. she maybe the voice of reason.
now the nuts part. I have always been attracted to those that are a bit of kilter.
need to stack wood, figure stuff out. I may be the only blue spot in a red area.
I love my neighbors and i think they love me. What makes good neighbors are being a good neighbor. Cheez this sounds like Mr Rogers.
Partner, I think you been quarantined too long!:D

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Again, you rely on numbers and data which has a high likely hood of being false or inacurate.
Elon musk and a Stanford professor agree:
I was curious about the amount of inaccuracy that might be going on. Two points from the video: he said IF the error is 5%, you get so many millions of an overcount. So I tried to find any data to indicate that the false positives minus the false negatives was as large as 5%. Somewhere else I thought he said the government, presumably CDC, wouldn't provide the data. Turns out maybe can't at this time might be closer.

I think this article will help to explain the ins and outs of the rt-pcr type of tests. It was written 2 months ago, but at that time there were 45 different tests approved for use by the FDA! They each have different LOD limits of detection, or sensitivity. Too high a sensitivity and greater chance some tiny contaminant would generate a false positive. Too low a sensitivity and an infected patient would be missed. They each have a protocol for controls to detect false positives and false negatives. The testing company is also required to submit potential false positives and false negatives to the CDC. What this means in my mind is some inconsistency from place to place and brand of test. And then there is pilot error. So no great surprise that there isn't a conveniently available number for the error of the measurement. I am disinclined to believe that there is huge error, or at least anything that would make it incorrect to say that Maine and New Hampshire were relatively lucky compared with say Arizona.

https://asm.org/Articles/2020/April/False-Negatives-and-Reinfections-the-Challenges-of

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I was curious about the amount of inaccuracy that might be going on. Two points from the video: he said IF the error is 5%, you get so many millions of an overcount.
Good article, thanks.
I did not see any studies on not testing or reduce testing "to make the numbers look better". :cool:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
......Maine and New Hampshire were relatively lucky compared with say Arizona.

https://asm.org/Articles/2020/April/False-Negatives-and-Reinfections-the-Challenges-of
For sure. Even counting my father as a Covid patient, we still have low numbers. Even with the lowered flu temp admittance policy, we still have low numbers. Even with the double counted tests, we still have low numbers. We are super lucky. - SMH

I thought a lot about this the other night. All the evidence in the world won't take away chicken Little's boogeyman. And all the spin in the world is not going to get me to fear the flu or my fellow man. The sooner I am a dead end to someone else the better. The same goes for them to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.