COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You dont think it maybe has a little to do with liberal terrorists in mass gatherings screaming about how one race matters more than the others?
I noticed that around here. Areas that had high amounts of protests a few weeks ago now have high numbers of covid cases. Over the past week. 🤔🤔🤔

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
You dont think it maybe has a little to do with liberal terrorists in mass gatherings screaming about how one race matters more than the others?
Regrettably the virus doesn't care whether you are protesting, attending a Trump rally or standing in line at the bar.

https://eastlansinginfo.news/fallout-from-harpers-covid-cluster-continues/

Every day there is another 10 or 15 more sick people linked to standing in a line without a mask. All the hard work the nearby businesses have done to reopen safely, and even Harpers itself, has gone for naught. What a shame those folks couldn't bring themselves to stand further apart and wear masks.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I wonder if Harper's is no longer in business? I had a bad feeling that opening bars and restaurants, especially bars, would bring on an increase in infections.

No way can you achieve social distancing in a bar atmosphere and people drinking booze and socializing won't be wearing masks anyway.

The Harper's thing is a travesty but was totally preventable with some common sense on the part of the patrons and the owner of the establishment. Neither happened and now Grosse Pointe is infected....

Was an enlightening and scary article in the local paper written by Doug Spade. He and his friend (Dough is blind) stopped at a local (Adrian) watering hole and observed exactly the same thing. Packed in like sardines, boozing and no PPE at all. Doug and his friend did't even go in, they have better sense.

I would not be at all surprised if Whitmer shut the bars until further notice or at least until the owners can comply with the rules. Not happening at this juncture.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Regrettably the virus doesn't care whether you are protesting, attending a Trump rally or standing in line at the bar.

https://eastlansinginfo.news/fallout-from-harpers-covid-cluster-continues/

Every day there is another 10 or 15 more sick people linked to standing in a line without a mask. All the hard work the nearby businesses have done to reopen safely, and even Harpers itself, has gone for naught. What a shame those folks couldn't bring themselves to stand further apart and wear masks.
Reading the article, it makes one wonder how CNN stays in business. If they can't tell the facts as they are, and corrected by the local news, it's a shame.

Around here it's very similar with the wearing of the mask request. Some do, some don't. Went to Menards last week and they had attendants at the door making sure each person had a mask on their face. If not, they were not going through the turnstiles.f

I appreciated that service. I live in the country and don't need a mask, but when I get to the crowds unless all are wearing a mask there's not much sense in any wearing a mask. Most stores with a checkout counter had installed a plexiglass shield over their counter and any exchanges happen under the shield right on top of the counter. That offers some protection to the employee behind the shield.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
With governors and mayors requiring everyone wear a mask, if everyone went to wearing a Trump 2020 mask, how long would it be before they advised against wearing mask?

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Resized_Screenshot_20200610-173441_Facebook.jpeg

Len, one of these would do the trick. I know someone who knows someone that's been making them 😂🤣😂🤣😂 by by virus coverage

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The current method (partial isolation) will guarantee that the virus stays here and active/alive FOREVER.

The sooner everyone gets it, or doesn't get it, the better off the whole world will be.

This is going to be milked for the next 4 1/2 years. By the end, we will be asking permission to leave our houses (It is possible that it could magically go away after Nov. 7th).

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yes, this C-19 is vastly politicized. I notice that no one contacted it from the recent street mobs but it was epidemic at the Trump rally.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Yes, this C-19 is vastly politicized. I notice that no one contacted it from the recent street mobs but it was epidemic at the Trump rally.
I had a doctor (leans way to the left) tell me that it's highly unlikely to contract the virus during the protests since they were outdoors. Wasn't the rally outside as well???

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Who says no one contracted from the mobs? And it is too soon to have a handle on propagation from the rally. And for Oklahoma which has a surge going on it may be hard to pick up from background bar attendance. To be fair I should also add choir practice.

But I agree it is appallingly politicized. A tragedy.

I keep wondering what if...
Someone had said to Trump the best way to get re elected is to
Make sure the pandemic response is bipartisan.
Line up the experts and first say this what we know about this virus, and this is what we don't know.
Here is what we have in the way of extra medical supplies and test material, a d here is what we don't have.
We need citizens to do this, this, and this to close the potential gap in supplies.
If plan A doesn't work, starting with closing the borders and quarantining all incoming travelers for 2 weeks, we know social distancing and masking slows the spread of all viruses, so we ask that you do your best to implement that strategy next . Etc etc.

Any chance Americans would have pitched in if it all had not gotten buried in this political junk?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I had a doctor (leans way to the left) tell me that it's highly unlikely to contract the virus during the protests since they were outdoors. Wasn't the rally outside as well???
Most agree it is less likely to be caught outdoors, but depends on whether you are close to and down wind from someone infected.

No, at the Tulsa rally they had an outdoor venue set up for the overflow crowd, but there was no one there so that portion was cancelled. The main rally was held inside the convention center. Rumor has it the center had alternate seats blocked off with little signs, but the Trump team went around and took them off. There were plenty of seats available, so balcony and second tier were completely empty.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
a political ploy?
hmm I think that is giving politicians way to much brain power.
I don't think they are that smart. Wobblies to Posse Comitatus and those in between.
but than again the world is flat, the trilateral commision is in control, there are 200000 UN troops staged just across the border in Canada ready to invade the US, licence tabs are unconstitutional, you don't have to pay property taxes if you take your property out of public and put it in private and that black helicopter flying over my house is really interested in what I do.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Most agree it is less likely to be caught outdoors, but depends on whether you are close to and down wind from someone infected.

No, at the Tulsa rally they had an outdoor venue set up for the overflow crowd, but there was no one there so that portion was cancelled. The main rally was held inside the convention center. Rumor has it the center had alternate seats blocked off with little signs, but the Trump team went around and took them off. There were plenty of seats available, so balcony and second tier were completely empty.
I can understand them removing the alternate seat signs though. And the reason being is most people traveled with someone else. So I could see alternate seating if everyone attending was single and arrived by themselves.

Doesn't make sense to seperate from your spouse and friends if you traveled in the same vehicle or sharing the same hotel room. In this case I would think it would make more sense to seperate groups.

They were talking about the same seating arrangements at the local theater when they were discussing opening them up in a limited capacity. They then realized that wouldn't be effective since half their clientele has kids in tow, or show up as a couple. They had to go back to the drawing board and cypher through how to accommodate and seperate groups instead.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Who says no one contracted from the mobs? And it is too soon to have a handle on propagation from the rally. And for Oklahoma which has a surge going on it may be hard to pick up from background bar attendance. To be fair I should also add choir practice.

But I agree it is appallingly politicized. A tragedy.

I keep wondering what if...
Make sure the pandemic response is bipartisan.
Line up the experts and first say this what we know about this virus, and this is what we don't know.
Here is what we have in the way of extra medical supplies and test material, a d here is what we don't have.
We need citizens to do this, this, and this to close the potential gap in supplies.
If plan A doesn't work, starting with closing the borders and quarantining all incoming travelers for 2 weeks, we know social distancing and masking slows the spread of all viruses, so we ask that you do your best to implement that strategy next . Etc etc.

Any chance Americans would have pitched in if it all had not gotten buried in this political junk?
I've been in a couple arguments on another forum over people not contracting the virus during the protests. One doctor ( supposedly sits on the board at harvard) swore up and down they wouldn't get it from protesting.

I pointed out our numbers from the state since we are just coming off the 14 days after the last big protest for the state. The infection rate is dropping back down.

One area of the state was actually traced to a couple minority communities where English was a second language. State and CDC had to get in there with translators and set up a community outreach program. The protective measures were literally getting lost in translation.

Half of the latest daily cases were coming from those two communities.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
sick humor
The thing that irritates me the most about calling people sheep as a derogatory term is that they obviously don't know much about sheep! They are not dumb, they are single trial learners when food is involved, and cannot be counted on to exhibit herd behavior. They are paranoid, not unreasonable considering they don't have good defense mechanisms except butting, and can't run very fast compared to most predators. Lot faster than I can though!:LOL:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
what if...
Make sure the pandemic response is bipartisan...
You meant that as a joke right? If he had a cure for cancer the democrats would accuse him of taking doctors jobs. That statement is a lot closer to accurate than "Make sure the pandemic response is bipartisan...".

Did he stop traffic from China too soon or too late? Lets see where your spin takes this. There will be a follow up question about the timing of the lead democrat asking people to celebrate in the local "China town", and then we will visit the big apple and discuss timing......

The way this is being handled will ensure it stays with us forever.

And sheep didn't get that reputation by accident, it has actually been established for over a thousand years. You and I are kind of new to this, sheep - not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.