COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When I googled "qualities of sheep", this is what they reported. " Sheep is a meek animal. They are usually very quiet and gentle, holding themselves aloof from the world. In a herd, all the sheep tend to listen to their leaders and show esteem to them. Because of the obedient character, sheep are among the most popular animals beloved by mankind."

I'm confident the description's second (and third) sentence is the author's rendition based on current words/opinions. A very shallow definition, but what should I expect from Google!

Christ called his followers sheep, making reference to having a shepherd, to knowing his sheep by name, providing water for them, slow to learn and quick to stray, and fragile in their nature, and the sheep knowing the master's voice.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Trump is in the most un-enviable position on the planet. If he had put in the most strict, draconian measures possible, the left would scream bloody murder. If he had done nothing at all, the left would scream bloody murder. If he chose the middle ground, the left would scream bloody murder.
All part of the left's #1 credo: the Vladmir Lenin quote, “ Say a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Thats why smart people dont listen to anything coming from the "left" . In fact if the source has ANYTHING or any connection with the "left" it most definitely should be questioned and scrutinized.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Thats why smart people dont listen to anything coming from the "left" . In fact if the source has ANYTHING or any connection with the "left" it most definitely should be questioned and scrutinized.
Actually there are a LOT of smart people on the left getting rich of lemmings.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
When I googled "qualities of sheep", this is what they reported. " Sheep is a meek animal. They are usually very quiet and gentle, holding themselves aloof from the world. In a herd, all the sheep tend to listen to their leaders and show esteem to them. Because of the obedient character, sheep are among the most popular animals beloved by mankind."

I'm confident the description's second (and third) sentence is the author's rendition based on current words/opinions. A very shallow definition, but what should I expect from Google!

Christ called his followers sheep, making reference to having a shepherd, to knowing his sheep by name, providing water for them, slow to learn and quick to stray, and fragile in their nature, and the sheep knowing the master's voice.
Ha ha D2 :ROFLMAO: I have had sheep for over 40 years, and about the only thing that is true in the above list of features is that they do know the shepherd's voice if it is used to call them for something food related. They are deeply suspicious of strangers, and if I want to catch mine I have to ask anyone around to keep quiet and stay out of sight. They are also deeply suspicious of me if it looks like I want to lock them in the barn for some non routine reason like shearing. You can train them otherwise if you shut them in for feeding every day. They are most definitely not stupid or compliant or fragile.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Regrettably the same goes for the right!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Trump is in the most un-enviable position on the planet. If he had put in the most strict, draconian measures possible, the left would scream bloody murder. If he had done nothing at all, the left would scream bloody murder. If he chose the middle ground, the left would scream bloody murder.
All part of the left's #1 credo: the Vladmir Lenin quote, “ Say a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”
Well when I brought up the suggestion (and you can ask me what kind of fairy tale world I live in) I was considering the possibility that with enough support from the scientific community the two sides would shut up and listen to each other. As much as I dislike Trump when he started shutting down flights from Wuhan I cheered. I thought yes! He is going to be smart about this, but then he backed off. Surely I can't be the only one who would have taken logical moves seriously? Unfortunately much of what is done or said has been illogical or inconsistant, and the result is as you describe. I do not respect the nasty back biters on either side. In this case lack of consensus is likely to destroy the country. Anyway it was an idle thought let's leave it at that.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Back to useful? information.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...s-new-tool-shows-covid-19-risk-in-your-county

Most of the hype on the news has to do with rate of cases increasing. So if the number of new cases goes from 2 to 4 it is reported as a 100% increase, the same if it went from 1,000 to 2,000.

If you want to decide how risky it is to go to Menards or wherever, knowing the number of positive tests per 100,000 people in your county is more useful.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Back to useful? information.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...s-new-tool-shows-covid-19-risk-in-your-county

Most of the hype on the news has to do with rate of cases increasing. So if the number of new cases goes from 2 to 4 it is reported as a 100% increase, the same if it went from 1,000 to 2,000.

If you want to decide how risky it is to go to Menards or wherever, knowing the number of positive tests per 100,000 people in your county is more useful.
Right now they want to slow down the rate of increase, which will ensure it sticks around forever.

The curve (LOL) was flattened so far they laid off hospital workers all over the country.

So the curve has gone by, time to let it run its course. People at risk should stay home and let us shoulder the burden and get this over with.

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Regrettably the same goes for the right!
Except the right doesnt dominate the news, media, social media, hollywood, eduction system or the popular narrative of the moment. Those lefty entities do and have all been proven liars time and time again, pushing false or inaccurate information.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
One of the reasons I am not enthusiastic about the idea that we should just let everyone catch it and either die, get really sick, or recover, is that it is possible to infect pets and some farm animals. The more of us that are infected carriers the more likely we could pass it on. Cats are known to be susceptible and can spread it to other cats ( or at least big cats in zoos) If the covid virus infects a pet cat who spreads it to feral cats, it could spread into the wildlife. We have bats too. No predicting if it could cause species lost or just establish a reservoir. In any case it is not an experiment I'd advocate. Some of these thoughts have apparently crossed other people's minds. In Germany they are planning to offer to test all pets in the country.

https://www.republicworld.com/world...-test-all-pets-of-covid-19-says-minister.html

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
So if I wear a mask and social distance I am a sheep with herd mentality.
If I don't and tough up I will get herd immunity.
any way I look at it I am gonna be a sheep, a dumb sheep if I make the wrong decision.
Time will tell.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
One of the reasons I am not enthusiastic about the idea that we should just let everyone catch it and either die, get really sick, or recover, is that it is possible to infect pets and some farm animals. The more of us that are infected carriers the more likely we could pass it on. Cats are known to be susceptible and can spread it to other cats ( or at least big cats in zoos) If the covid virus infects a pet cat who spreads it to feral cats, it could spread into the wildlife. We have bats too. No predicting if it could cause species lost or just establish a reservoir. In any case it is not an experiment I'd advocate. Some of these thoughts have apparently crossed other people's minds. In Germany they are planning to offer to test all pets in the country.

https://www.republicworld.com/world...-test-all-pets-of-covid-19-says-minister.html
A whole lot of ifs in there. I don't want the turtles to get it either. And bears, for sure we don't want them to get it. So we should milk it forever?

If our cats and dogs need to deal with it then the sooner the better for them as well.

This current method GUARANTEES is stays alive forever. It will never run out of new hosts with the partial isolation.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
So if I wear a mask and social distance I am a sheep with herd mentality.
If I don't and tough up I will get herd immunity.
any way I look at it I am gonna be a sheep, a dumb sheep if I make the wrong decision.
Time will tell.
yes they do sell sheep masks

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
8500 new confirmed in Texas today. Bet ZZ Top isn't doing anything outside.....lol

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
In my youth I ran pretty fast and pretty hard. Wife saved my ass. Don't want to put her in the grave, so I will say "buck up little cowboys" keep them doggies roll'in.
had to add, newly weds....44 yrs

Last edited:

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
From Nova Scotia to Vancouver Canada closed the boarder early on to everyone and mostly to the USA. They have 104,000 cases total. A smart move on their part.
Will be a quiet stay at home and drive 30 minutes to the coast for a lobster roll and a cold Moxie weekend here. Unforuntaly not driving north and lodging to go atving. Will ride from home and be safe and look to travel more next year.
And who ever mentioned animals getting the virus. I'm over run by Native Maine bear(no longer called Black) this year, three different ones keep showing up. I hope they get the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.