COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Good read and enforces my assumption that the Covid outbreak in NYC was caused by the one man who went to Temple and infected dozens of worshipers, including the Rabbi. That got it rolling in NYC. All the infectees infected more people and it turned into a nightmare.

Like the local to me prison in Adrian, Michigan, Gus Harrison correctional facility. The Michigan National Guard tested ALL the inmates and staff and found that 645 were asymptomatic, 600 inmates, 45 staff. Total 100 staff and 2300 inmates. Prisons and nursing homes are very suspect as the population there is concentrated and confined.

Much like NYC or Detroit or any urban setting for that matter.

I'd say that at least for the immediate future, crime certainly don't pay, in fact incarceration may be a death sentence.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here is another commentary about likely methods of developing "hot spots".

https://www.sciencemagazinedigital....?articleId=1588558&app=false#articleId1588558
I had to look up the Covid Toes.

I've just been wondering about the tests after hearing the results from my wife's former employer. Especially when she knows the history of most of the patients that were affected. She worked there for 8 years and many were long term patients. Patients you figured would be toast if they contracted the virus were Asymptomatic and not so much as a runny nose.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Another example of bad numbers.

My wife works in a hospital and has for over 20 years, so she has seen a lot of stuff.

The biggest inflated number in her hospital is "covid admissions".

In the past she said they would never admit a patient for the sniffles or stomach ache or any of the other ailments. If the patient is breathing clear and no high fever, they would not be admitted, they would be sent home. Right now she said anyone coming in with any cold symptoms are admitted.

You hear the "new cases admitted" at the hospital every day. You don't hear them say we sent 9 out of ten of them home with no covid.

GIGO - Garbage in, Garbage out...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Another example of bad numbers.

My wife works in a hospital and has for over 20 years, so she has seen a lot of stuff.

The biggest inflated number in her hospital is "covid admissions".

In the past she said they would never admit a patient for the sniffles or stomach ache or any of the other ailments. If the patient is breathing clear and no high fever, they would not be admitted, they would be sent home. Right now she said anyone coming in with any cold symptoms are admitted.

You hear the "new cases admitted" at the hospital every day. You don't hear them say we sent 9 out of ten of them home with no covid.

GIGO - Garbage in, Garbage out...
The last place I want to be is in a hospital with potential Covid patients.

I have the sniffles all the time right now. Has to do with planting and fertilizing.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I'm coming over to your neighborhood today sleddog. Meeting a customer from Vermont in Concord (the hotspot) or dam close to it. I'll wear a mask and no handshakes and not go into anywhere. Pickup truck to pickup truck transfer and get outta dodge. My girlfriends nephew lives in Hudson and she would love to see him and his two boys but she said No, the farther south the worse the virus is. So we won't drive down.
Last night I we surfing channels. Stopped on the PBR , bull riding. No audience but yes they were riding bulls. The clowns and staff all wearing masks and rubber gloves. The riders were not. Really strange to see.
And I wanted to swing by the Ford stealership in Concord there...BUT..no mother will have no part of that virus ridden place..lol.
So will shop in Maine when we return.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
360,000 confirmed cases in Brazil as of yesterday. WOW.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The last place I want to be is in a hospital with potential Covid patients.

I have the sniffles all the time right now. Has to do with planting and fertilizing.
My sniffles and sneezes are seasonal allergies. I'm pretty much like this from spring through fall every year.

Between mold, hay, and tree pollen. Something is floating around that will set me off :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Did not see the world news tonight but my good friend Tom did. He told me Brazil has mass burial plots and they are filling them up quickly. Very sad.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
A family friend that we have known for years died Sunday morning from COVID.

He was close to my dad's age and did have underlying medical condition.

Yet, he was active and still working. He started feeling a little under the weather and went to the doctor May 14th and was tested. He received positive test results on Saturday.

He quickly went down hill, admitted to the hospital, placed on ventilator, then died on this last Sunday.

I was a little surprised how quickly he went downhill. When I think of those being killed by the virus, I think of those in nursing homes, not those out working, shopping, and active in life.

I think the saddest part, was his family was unable to be with him in the last moments, but instead had to say their goodbyes via tablets.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
A family friend that we have known for years died Sunday morning from COVID.

He was close to my dad's age and did have underlying medical condition.

Yet, he was active and still working. He started feeling a little under the weather and went to the doctor May 14th and was tested. He received positive test results on Saturday.

He quickly went down hill, admitted to the hospital, placed on ventilator, then died on this last Sunday.

I was a little surprised how quickly he went downhill. When I think of those being killed by the virus, I think of those in nursing homes, not those out working, shopping, and active in life.

I think the saddest part, was his family was unable to be with him in the last moments, but instead had to say their goodbyes via tablets.
My condolences as well. You come into this world, naked and afraid and leave the same way.

Covid, for me would be a death sentence as well. I have an 'underlying condition, I'm a cancer survivor and while I don't take any medications, it will always be there.

People tend to take the Covid thing lightly when they aren't sick with it. Like the mask and social distancing thing, People are bored so they are frustrated and want to get back to 'normal' again. Problem is, the old normal is gone forever or until a vaccine is developed.

When it hits close to home, the reality sets in quickly.

I don't care what others do, my wife and I will keep on practicing social distancing, hand washing, use sanitizer and wear out masks when out and I won't eat in any restaurant or get carry out because you have no idea who handled the food and if those people are asymptomatic.

I (and my wife) cannot take the chance. I'm a poor gambler anyway, I usually loose.

I've been intubed on a ventilator in the past for my previous condition and it don't sound like much but believe me, it's quite unpleasant and has some interesting side effects (if you survive) like you loose your voice, cannot swallow and it hurts like hell.

Nothing changes for me and mine, Everything stays as it is with all the precautions. Don't care much what anyone else does, I KNOW what we will do.

You can go out and party and drink and socialize and wear no masks or wash your hands, but people need to be aware of the results.

With no vaccine and no real treatment, the choice (for us at least) is obvious.

I plan on being around for a while yet and I'll do what it takes to insure that.

Again, my condolences. The loss of a friend of loved one is always hard.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Taking care of ourselves is our responsibility. I watched people celebrating at beaches, etc. yesterday and maybe the media will blame the government, president, or whoever/whatever else, but in the end our actions determine our fate.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It will take about 2 weeks to show it's ugly head. People are so stupid, it amazes me sometimes.

I keep hoping nothing happens but my heart keeps saying it's going to get real ugly and many people will die because of their irresponsible actions.

Across the road, family picnic. No masks, no social distancing, nothing and children as well as adults all in close proximity to each other.

My wife and I just shook our heads. Not about to play Russian Roulette with my life.

I have an elective CT scan on Friday so I called the hospital and made doubly sure there would be no infected patients where I needed to go. They assured me there are none ever in radiology. I'll still be extra careful, mask, hand sanitizer and whatever else I have to do.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The problem with the idea that "it is my life, I am going to do as I damn well please" is that what you do indirectly or directly affects me. If I wear a mask it best protects YOU if I cough or speak. If you wear a mask it protects me. My mask, depending on type helps protect me, but is not 100% effective. There are a lot of asymptomatic people spreading the virus around.

I am constantly amazed at the number of people who are either dumb, mean, or just plain inconsiderate. Michigan Covid cases are at least stabilizing but spreading into rural areas. Masks in public places and stores are "required" or can be required by store owner. I went to Farm and Ranch store in a little town nearby to meet a friend in parking lot to buy some fresh eggs. I parked truck way in back of lot with empty space between me and next car. So this guy with open window and truck full of kids all eating pulled in right on top of my truck. Plenty of parking places. So I glared at him and moved my truck as I was putting mask on. My friend's two kids work in the store as cashiers. I asked him if he had been inside, and how many people wore masks. He said the kids thought, maybe 70%. From what I could see in the parking lot more like 70% didn't. The point is wearing a mask in a store is a sign that you respect your neighbors enough to not want to accidentally give the virus to them.

I wanted to shop for a fence charger, but not enough to go in that building. I did sit in the parking lot and ask if I could do curbside pickup for some baled shavings, which they kindly arranged.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I agree 100%. its all about inconsiderate and ignorant people. It's the 'I'm not gonna get it' attitude until they do.

I'm being doubly careful. Our TSC store won't allow you in without a mask and provides free disposable masks at the door. Dundee is having a marked rise in cases and deaths.

If I got it and I knew for sure who gave it to me, lets just say I'd probably remove them from the gene pool.:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have a bad feeling, after this last weekend, in 2 weeks or less, all hell is gonna break loose. I really hope not and I pray I'm wrong but...........

Living and being healthy is wonderful. Drowning in your bodily fluids as your lungs fill up and you can no longer aspirate don't sound all that wonderful to me.

Like I've said in the past, I've been intubed before and it's not a pleasant experience and it has lingering after effects as well.

In my case it wasn't Covid so I'm still here but while it wasn't pleasant, my wife liked the fact that I could only squeak like a mouse for about 2 weeks.

Boo

Equipment
MX5800; BH92, BB2572, Forks 3048
Jul 1, 2016
HOLT, Florida
Inconsiderate and ignorant people = people who aren't as scared as I am.

How about "people who know what a political scam this is." People who see the danger of this virus the same way they see the flu.

How about: they exercise their rights to go about their lives as they choose. After all, these inconsiderate and ignorant people extend the same courtesy to you.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
If you thought either rightly or wrongly that someone was scared, would you go out of your way to make them more scared? Throw spiders at them? Snakes?

Boo, I am not scared because of a political scam. I am a very well educated biologist, and I can't see how folks like you can be taken in by the drivel you would appear to hear. How would you account for all the other countries in the world that are trying a variety of strategies to reduce the numbers of deaths occurring in their countries? They can't all be suffering from scams.

Freedom is exercised and protected in this country UNLESS it is used to hurt other people.

And before this turns into a flame war, please switch to Sleddogs thread or offline so as not to spoil Bearbaits thread. Mostly I just ignore comments like yours and perhaps should have here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.