Cabelas

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
military discount at cabelas isnt too bad. i shop there once in a while; but rarely buy something thats not on sale. i like shopping at my local hunting/fishing store.

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
I have never had any sales pressure at Cabelas. No BPS nearby, so have no clue about that business.
The vacation folks at BPS/Cabelas' are easy to disarm - when we walk by I smile, say "No thanks" and might make small talk, but don't ever stop. No reason to be rude about it but I'm under no obligation to answer questions either.

My parents ended up getting taken into one of their timeshare presentations and bought the darn thing, over a couple free nights at a place they didn't even want to go. Silly all around, but they were able to get out of it within the 3-day cooling off period mandated by their state law.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The vacation folks at BPS/Cabelas' are easy to disarm - when we walk by I smile, say "No thanks" and might make small talk, but don't ever stop. No reason to be rude about it but I'm under no obligation to answer questions either.

My parents ended up getting taken into one of their timeshare presentations and bought the darn thing, over a couple free nights at a place they didn't even want to go. Silly all around, but they were able to get out of it within the 3-day cooling off period mandated by their state law.
I have never encountered these people at Cabelas.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have to admit that early on, (before BPS) I had a pretty good experience at Cabelas.
I got there just as the store opened on a Black Friday, & went in with 3 specific sale items in mind.
(a laser bore sighter, a 22 scope, and a bag of blowgun darts)
Picked then all up, paid, and was out of there in 5 minutes.
Later that day, I opened the scope box, only to find it was a broken customer return, with parts missing.
I went back to exchange it, and they were all out of the sale model, so they gave me a much better, larger, more expensive scope for my trouble. I have been thrilled with the new scope, which noticeably improved my rifle.
But that was one isolated incident, years ago, before BPS.

I have encountered the high pressure people there, and other places, but I am firm to the point of rudeness in saying no. I usually never even find out what they are selling.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Before BPS took over I bought nearly all my clothes and camping supplies and other items at Cabelas - but only via catalog/on line because it is nearly 200 miles to the nearest store. Haven't bought one item since BPS took over.

Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I have to agree with how cabelas has changed. The closest one is about a 45 min drive from my place. Wife and I use to go at least once a month. Spent a lot of money there over the years, to this day 90% of my hunting gear came from them. Quite a few guns, loads of ammo and reloading equipment. The bargain cave was legendary, always had a good deal. When they became cabelas pro that was the first thing to get the axe. Then the brands started changing to bps brands and the quality went down hill fast. Now there's more or less no point in us running up to new Ringgold to cabelas as there's a bass pro 20 minuet away that has the same selection. I miss the old cabelas...

Reactions: 1 user