BX23S Loader Valve Leaking

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I always wanted the quick manifold for my B2601, I held off buying waiting for the new model. They never implemented that manifold in NZ, apparently NZers wouldn't be wiling to part with the extra $200 or whatever it put on their unit price. So I didn't get it. Even with the issues people talk about, I wish I had it. The pioneer couplers are just a bit fiddly, and they're sort of in behind the loader (although I guess that stops them getting damaged). Every time I take the loader on and off I have to squish up the right hand side of it, and my shed isn't big.

If they have that manifold working reliably then it is well worth having in my mind.
There is a reason multi- couplers are very common on agricultural tractors.

Dan

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Check your serial number and compare the coupler tips per the picture.
Thanks for the info.
Turns out I've got the 'new & improved' version on my BX2380 (Ser# 51xxx).

Reactions: 1 user

bosifus

Equipment
BX23S
Apr 11, 2019
Port Orchard, WA, USA
I've been dealing with a leaking QC manifold on my 2018 for years. Tightened it up and that fixed it for a bit then it came back but it was just a wee leak so I ignored it cause I had tractoring to do and every time I thought about it I had work in front of me and by the time I was done it just slipped my mind. Now, it's to the point I finally couldn't ignore it any longer.
One of the factors to the purchase of this tractor was the quick connect due to disability. My hands are crippled up pretty bad so pioneer couplers are out of the question for me unfortunately or I would have just switched it out for them and been done with it.
Well, I finally got around to calling my dealer about it and of course it's well outside the 5 year window. Total cost for upper and lower manifold is $698.97 SO, moral of the story here is don't put it off like I did. The dealer recommended replacing both upper and lower manifolds but he did assure me that they have had no further issues with these since moving to the new design. There apparently have been 3 or 4 revisions according to him. I'm curious to see what's actually changed once I get the old ones off the tractor.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I've been dealing with a leaking QC manifold on my 2018 for years. Tightened it up and that fixed it for a bit then it came back but it was just a wee leak so I ignored it cause I had tractoring to do and every time I thought about it I had work in front of me and by the time I was done it just slipped my mind. Now, it's to the point I finally couldn't ignore it any longer.
One of the factors to the purchase of this tractor was the quick connect due to disability. My hands are crippled up pretty bad so pioneer couplers are out of the question for me unfortunately or I would have just switched it out for them and been done with it.
Well, I finally got around to calling my dealer about it and of course it's well outside the 5 year window. Total cost for upper and lower manifold is $698.97 SO, moral of the story here is don't put it off like I did. The dealer recommended replacing both upper and lower manifolds but he did assure me that they have had no further issues with these since moving to the new design. There apparently have been 3 or 4 revisions according to him. I'm curious to see what's actually changed once I get the old ones off the tractor.
Your dealer can get it through if he wants to, just by telling them that he knew about the problem and that you were not able to get it in for service. It is a known defect so Kubota shouldn't have a problem making an exception, especially if the dealer has a lot of Kubota products going through his dealership.

bosifus

Equipment
BX23S
Apr 11, 2019
Port Orchard, WA, USA
Your dealer can get it through if he wants to, just by telling them that he knew about the problem and that you were not able to get it in for service. It is a known defect so Kubota shouldn't have a problem making an exception, especially if the dealer has a lot of Kubota products going through his dealership.
Oh I know, I'm sure he could if he wanted (and I admit I was hoping once he looked me up in the system he'd make an exception with all the business I've given them since buying my BX there) but it's pretty clear he didn't. They are the only reliable tractor dealership around so they do plenty of business but belts are tightening apparently.

js312

Equipment
BX1880, LA344S, 48" MMM
Jan 28, 2024
New England
My serial number ends in Hxxxx, not a 5-digit number. I'm guessing that's because they passed the 99999 number and had to start using letters and my machine has the revised part?

I only bought it a few months ago and it looks like the manufacture year was 2022.