[BX Sub-Compact] Front Fenders?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Consider me a strange Duck. I always look beyond and what could be.

Has anyone made (or purhased) and installed front fenders for their BX SCUT?

Look at the line where the front axle crosses the frame. Now look at the frame rails. There are holes already centered in both sides. There's a lot of possibilities.

Is this idea something I would do?
Who knows!!!
Just sayin 🤔

Here's an interesting link.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just one more thing to get torn off. JD tractors that use those fenders are made for sissies!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Just one more thing to get torn off. JD tractors that use those fenders are made for sissies!
Well Mr. Label Maker, when you have six dogs × two plops/day within half our property, there tends to be some shiznit flingin from tires. I wouldn't mind having some control where it goes.

I guess mudflaps on a 4x4 are also for sissies.

BTW, show us your mantruck.

Reactions: 1 user

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
I guess I didn't realize a BX would go fast enough to fling a lawn sausage or pieces thereof, but anyway, search boobtube. I know I've seen them on there.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I guess I didn't realize a BX would go fast enough to fling a lawn sausage or pieces thereof, but anyway, search boobtube. I know I've seen them on there.
There are references on the net, of it being done by some. I'm not saying I'll put them on mine, then again, done tastefully, why the hell not?

I could make some gnarly look....Dodge Viper style....or who knows!!!

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Man you are bored. Summer will be here before you know it! When you are out in the woods hauling logs with the boom pole and tongs wont they get torn off?
Fenders are for garage queen tractors.:rolleyes:

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Man you are bored. Summer will be here before you know it!
Fenders are for garage queen tractors.:rolleyes:
Bored is an understatement. If I don't have something constructive to do, my anxiety flows and depression comes next. Since my joining the forum and getting this tractor, doing things to it is my therapy....hobby.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
I think I remember seeing a Utube video of Paul Short (Specialty Repairs) pimping out his BX with front fenders a few years ago. Might want to start there for ideas.
Regards.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Well Mr. Label Maker, when you have six dogs × two plops/day within half our property, there tends to be some shiznit flingin from tires. I wouldn't mind having some control where it goes.

I guess mudflaps on a 4x4 are also for sissies.

BTW, show us your mantruck.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Consider me a strange Duck. I always look beyond and what could be.

Has anyone made (or purhased) and installed front fenders for their BX SCUT?

Look at the line where the front axle crosses the frame. Now look at the frame rails. There are holes already centered in both sides. There's a lot of possibilities.

Is this idea something I would do?
Who knows!!!
Just sayin 🤔

Here's an interesting link.

Fabbing the brackets are on my back burner on the To Do list

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Also the fenders may rub that front bumper you talked about in another thread! Not enough clearance!

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Also the fenders may rub that front bumper you talked about in another thread! Not enough clearance!
Quick, mash it!! Someones tailing me....lol.

I was thinking about a nice pair of rolled fenders. Something to match the lines. Heck, if I did make the front bumper, the fenders-support could be incorporated to bolt to it.

The more I've thought about them, the more difficult the task. The best way would be to tie the supports to the hubs, so they follow the wheel while turning. Mounts can be made, but they'd be flimsy. That method is a show stopper.

Last edited:

leveraddict

Equipment
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
With your modding skills I'm surprised you haven't started to build a cab yet?:unsure: Of course then you need to tie into the system and mount a heater! Must get cold where you are?

Last edited:

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
With your modding skills I'm surprised you haven't started to build a cab yet?:unsure: Of course then you need to tie into the system and mount a heater! Must get cold where you are?
I've thought about it! Anything below 50° around here, I get cold.

Making the cab wouldn't be difficult, but it would be time consuming for sure.

As for heat, there are other ways to get it, than tying into an already cramped system.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Yes, you're a strange duck. 🐤

Around here the "fenderwells" would be plugged with snow 6 months of the year or be torn loose of the machine with sticks/branches or of the tire itself upon articulation of the front end or whatever the other 6 months of the year.

Have at 'er...

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Yes, you're a strange duck. 🐤

Around here the "fenderwells" would be plugged with snow 6 months of the year or be torn loose of the machine with sticks/branches or of the tire itself upon articulation of the front end or whatever the other 6 months of the year.

Have at 'er...
Well, those are situations (as operators) that need evaluated. If conditions are causing damage, the wrong piece of equipment is being used beyond what it was meant to do.

These "Glorified Lawnmowers" as some reference them, are more than capable of doing everything the "Tractors" do, in smaller bites. Don't bite off more than you can chew, and maybe damage won't happen.

I think what surprises some, is I think outside the box and in full context.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Sure. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
For fenders I think I would look at either metal or plastic barrels with the curvature you need as a starting point, and metal conduit for the frame work, they just need to hold the weight of the fender. Lots of snow clearing tractors and loaders have them. Kubota even makes them for the larger machines. I would mount them to the spindle so they follow the wheel.

• Haha