Bringing the L260P back to life!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Show us some pictures of the wheel damage.

If it's not too bad at the valve stem hole it's not too difficult to patch the metal. Do you have a wire welder or access to one? Sometimes you can take a flat washer that fits over the valve stem and weld it to the rim and fill in as required, grind smooth and have a wheel that will be fine. Or, you can patch the entire area where the rust is and drill a hole for the valve step in a different location.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Show us some pictures of the wheel damage.

If it's not too bad at the valve stem hole it's not too difficult to patch the metal.
hookd - 'Cat beat me to it. Might be able to patch it, and he'll know when he sees pictures.

Also - 007kubotaguy is a member here on OTT. He has quite a few parts for older L's if a patch isn't possible. He might have wheels, just look him up.

Good luck!

hookd

Equipment
L260P
Jan 1, 2019
Sand Coulee, Montana
Well I took care of a couple of fuel leaks and ran it up to temp Monday. Everything seems to work, thermostat opens and I went through all the hydraulics. I have a leaking cylinder on the bucket and a seal on the hydraulic pump (see pic) is leaking. The new rims showed up and fit like a champ so I also fought the rust to get the rear wheels off and hopefully get some new rubber on it next week (dw has a weekend trip booked already so no garage time for me :mad: )

Attachments