BOHICA!!!!!!! Do you know what you win, when you play stupid games?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
yeah play stupid games and win stupid prizes

kinda like the local lady, was using the tractor to move rocks out of a trail. Somehow she got throwed off of the tractor and got run over. Seat switch bypassed. This is exactly why I do not, and will not tell a single person how to bypass safety switches. Last thing I want anyone to do is get hurt!

Kinda like running with scissors....
Hahaha.....I hear ya. but if someone actually asked me that....I would be like....

1711551193724.png

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
RWS, that is an awesome...yet awful...story. Kubota needs an award for being able to engineer these tractors to prevent, or at least discourage, all the DIY's. Good for you to find a way! Reminds me of the poem..."Somebody said it couldn't be done and I with a chuckle replied, "maybe it can't but I will be one who won't say so until I've tried."

Tractor Gal

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
RWS, that is an awesome...yet awful...story. Kubota needs an award for being able to engineer these tractors to prevent, or at least discourage, all the DIY's. Good for you to find a way! Reminds me of the poem..."Somebody said it couldn't be done and I with a chuckle replied, "maybe it can't but I will be one who won't say so until I've tried."

Tractor Gal
I like that saying.

I can't blame Kubota. I should have taken the time to fill in the hole where I believe it happened, instead of Baja'ing through it.

My past mechanical experience is that all manufactures "basically" design their cars/tractors/planes...with production being more important than service afterwards.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I have said "WTF were they thinking?" when working on something.

It just goes with the territory.

And who knows, maybe I did all that work when a "real Kubota mechanic" has a trick to get that line in and out in 10 minutes.

I know when I was wrenching for "flat rate", I had a few tricks up my sleeve. ;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well, if you didn't have all those WTF situations to work around you wouldn't have a story to tell. Life would be dull!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

And who knows, maybe I did all that work when a "real Kubota mechanic" has a trick to get that line in and out in 10 minutes.

I know when I was wrenching for "flat rate", I had a few tricks up my sleeve. ;)
Yep! When I was wrenching at Toyota I could change a headgasket on a Corolla in 45 mins…. and got paid 4 hours on the flat rate… by using my own sequence on disassembly/reassembly …rather than the sequence published in the mahuals. No cheating. Full gasket change. Correct repair.

Example: Why pull individual rocker-arms off a rocker-shaft …which required complete disassembly of the shaft, bushings, and retainers, before the rockers could come off……. when the entire Row of rockers can remain ON the rocker-shaft…which itself is removed from the head by only Two bolts..? :rolleyes: