battery disconnect

NorthWest Orange

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 20, 2022
Oregon
When I purchased my new B2601 a year ago my sales guy showed me the fuse box and said to pull the fuse to keep anybody from just driving it away.
A knowledgeable thief may know this trick but you could take the same type fuse and cut one of the contacts off and reinstall it and then it would look like that wasn’t the issue. It may be inconvenient but going out in the shed or garage and finding it empty would be devastating to put it mildly.

Reactions: 1 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I let the locals watch my tractor😜.
Seriously, I have game cameras. I do not have a building yet (soon, I hope). I am in agreement, determined criminals will get your tractor, whatever you do. Good insurance & disassembly (“most” criminals will not spend the time to get the tractor going) are about your only hope.
D9A5B591-A703-413B-BF61-AAFAC2526D60.jpeg 1651338404829.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
that electronic remote only draws 3-5 milliamps in standby,won't drain battery for weeks.....
I don't have one to know the 'on' current ,but is using an SSR maybe another 2-3ma.
Most unique looking SSR I've ever seen:

1651359413620.png

My uneducated guess is that this bugger draws about 200ma when energized. In a week of 'time left on' with an unused tractor it's going to draw > 33 amp hours.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
gee, is that really what's 'under the hood' ? Hard to fathom a mechnical switch is cheaper than SSR. I used to make my own SSRs, self-indicating.
I'd wire it after the keyswitch and 'just before' the starter relay. Using a key everything 'looks good' but without the remote pressed 'on', starter won't spin. With your key off, it kills power to module,

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
I like your fuel pump sign idea Jay but I had a eureka moment today!
On the L2501 all the interlock switches are in series with the start relay coil.
That string is protected with a 5A fuse, the one on the bottom of the right column in the pic.

So, remove that fuse and 'no start'.
Cut one leg off and re-install it and you still get no start.
Swap it with the spare when you want to use the tractor.

I'm confident that this post isn't helping anyone steal a tractor, the best(worst) show up with a key and a
main fuse.

IMGP0514.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Knock on wood…Kubota insurance covers theft….knock on wood your home owners / farm insurance should too…knock on wood…that’s your favorite trailer or your favorite saw or whatever too. if someone is determined they will take it. Make it somewhat of a challenge but make sure what your insurance coverage is. It will be a kick in the balls (or whatever is your special spot) should it come up missing and insurance doesn’t cover. Figure it out before it happens. Knock on wood…no pun intended.