B6000 3 point hitch hydraulic droop

Zoltan

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Apr 15, 2014
Los Gatos, CA, USA
This is probably on the site somewhere but I'm not sure how to find it. My tiller on the back of my B6000 will not stay up. Is there a video or some service info how to fix this? Is this usually a bad seal that needs to be replaced?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
This is probably on the site somewhere but I'm not sure how to find it. My tiller on the back of my B6000 will not stay up. Is there a video or some service info how to fix this? Is this usually a bad seal that needs to be replaced?
Start with adjusting the lowering speed to see if the 3 pt will stay up or lower more slowly than at present.

This will give you some info on the condition of the 3 pt piston seal.

forum B6000 lower speed.jpg

If the 3 pt is still dropping the next step would be replacing the 3 pt piston O ring.

forum B6000 O ring.jpg

Dave

Last edited:

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
How quick is it coming down? Is it dropping say when you raise it within say couple of minutes or say couple of hours? Is it dropping while using it?

Zoltan

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Apr 15, 2014
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Start with adjusting the lowering speed to see if the 3 pt will stay up or lower more slowly than at present.

This will give you some info on the condition of the 3 pt piston seal.

View attachment 47715

If the 3 pt is still dropping the next step would be replacing the 3 pt piston O ring.

View attachment 47714

Dave
This is great info. I'll try to use the diagrams you sent to check this out. I can't seem to download them. Can you sent them to my email address? RyeL at mac dot com Thanks so much.

Zoltan

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Apr 15, 2014
Los Gatos, CA, USA
How quick is it coming down? Is it dropping say when you raise it within say couple of minutes or say couple of hours? Is it dropping while using it?
It comes down while I'm using it. It was slow at first, a few years ago, now it's really bad. I'll check out the adjust meant as Dave suggested, and expect I'll be replacing the O rings, which is just fine, want to get this sorted out. Thanks for responding, I appreciate it.