B3200HSD Loader Arm (lever) Block and curl control ball link replacement.

jkahan

Equipment
KX161-3, M5045, B3200HSD, RTV, ZD1211-60
Dec 26, 2013
vt
B3200HSD Loader Arm (lever) Block and curl control ball link replacement.

Big ask -- hoping someone can tell me how to actually replace a failed part. PIA in terms of space and acces. The ball link (part of loader arm assembly) that controls my loader curl failed. The screw that goes into the loader lever block sheared off; I've removed the block and have a new one on order (as well as a new ball link). Am thinking the only way to actually replace the ball link is to remove the metal bracket around the whole assembly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks - josh
b3200hsd loader lever interface-fotor-20240520165337.png

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Remove the pin and pull straight up.

1716261984760.png

Reactions: 1 user

jkahan

Equipment
KX161-3, M5045, B3200HSD, RTV, ZD1211-60
Dec 26, 2013
vt
To beat a dead (but now fixed) horse... here is some more info on the Kubota B3200HSD Loader Lever Assembly - Other B models might be very similar.

Twice now, once four years ago, and again this week, the interface between the loader lever (operator control arm) and the hydraulic valve failed. Both times, bucket curl functionality was lost. The curl function is achieved by a bolt interface into a metal block beneath the loader operator control lever. This curl bolt /link is subject to stress (stripped bolt) over time.

Below is a photo of the lever assembly (fully assembled) and a markup of the same area. I've also included a snapshot of Kubota diagram F15200.
I usually use Kubota's Parts site (KubotaPad) and Messicks for diagram and parts help. I have had awesome results working with my local dealer, Messicks, and Coleman Equipment. Diagrams J28002 and J28400 are also useful; Part numbers are found on F15200 (but not shown in this post).

Repair Protocol for Lever Block and Curl link.
Obvious (easy) stuff - remove seat, tool box, plastic shield, right side metal shield, metal support beam, and of course, the loader (operator control) lever. This will allow one to remove the metal block (010 in the diagram below) that the loader lever is attached to. The horizontal metal support beam has to be removed to gain access to the bolt (060) that attaches the lever block into the metal bracket. There is also a collar (050) in the block that this bolt slides thru. Despite what I have read, it is IMPOSSIBLE (at least on the B3200HSD) to replace the curl interface (part 030 and stuff below it if necessary) without removing this metal bracket - not hard to do - just 4 easily accessible bolts and a spring (part #130); Diagram J28002 shows how this bracket attached to a bracket on top of the hydraulic valve.

Anycase - maybe this is obvious to some but its a once in a blue moon problem (or at least once every 4 years) for me. While I am grateful for the comments and help that I received, here and elsewhere, I did want to point out that on the B3200HSD it is IMPOSSIBLE to do this repair without removing the stuff noted above.

thanks for listening:)
-josh
b3200hsd loader lever  interface - assembled.png

b3200hsd loader lever  interface - assembled-markup.png

F15200 Loader Lever B3200HSD.png

Reactions: 1 users