...and then someone yelled "Look....a Squirrel!!!"......A fun way to get even further behind on your "to do list"

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Shop looks good from my house lol

Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Looking good. You’ll be bending with the best of them soon. Seems like you did alright previously too.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Now time for the foot pedal hydraulic pump/ram upgrade?

Last edited:
  • Wow

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Just a dumb question but, why doesn't this come assembled?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Looking good. You’ll be bending with the best of them soon. Seems like you did alright previously too.
It's funny you say that...............last night I was kinda thinking about that......

It's some sort of 'sad irony' or "sad twist of fate" or something similar......

Because now I have just created a machine that lets/forces me to "not weld as much" which is in a way sad, because that's my favorite thing about metal working..........the welding....

Damn,.............. now I feel like I just fell down a "rabbit hole".........

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Just a dumb question but, why doesn't this come assembled?

They will weld it up for you for about ~150 bucks extra (but that would be as crazy as paying someone to eat your birthday cake):unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I like how you improved your welds as you progressed! And I agree with you that there is something satisfying about tig welding versus mig or stick. And what you see is what you get in real time. Good job!

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It's funny you say that...............last night I was kinda thinking about that......

It's some sort of 'sad irony' or "sad twist of fate" or something similar......

Because now I have just created a machine that lets/forces me to "not weld as much" which is in a way sad, because that's my favorite thing about metal working..........the welding....

Damn,.............. now I feel like I just fell down a "rabbit hole".........
You could look at that that way, but I'd say it gives you more versatility. Sometimes you weld something up because you have not other choice to make something work. Now you have a choice.

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
Great work…. But, I have to say… any company that specs HF tools… uhm…. WTF?

still, great work. And I agree totally with you, TIG is the way to go! Love my Lincoln electric v205-t! Love the portability too…

been using it for years… even ended up teaching with it (don’t ask).

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The parts may well have been machined in the USA, but it seems the country of manufacture depends a lot on where you live. ;-)

Nice job. Up here we actually call that a finger brake. One tip: I've found the shop-press brake attachment works best if the work is centred under the hydraulic ram. Not so much of an issue bending sheet metal, but bending heavier stuff for brackets, etc. off-centre wants to cock the upper anvil slightly despite the guide bars.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Nice brake.
I’ve been wanting to get a brake for my press. I’ll probably buy some steel and make my own. I built the press wide enough to fit a 24” brake.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Great work, you $#$^ing Jarhead! Now drop and give me fifty for disrespecting the ladies with your language on a public forum! And the Corps.
You ^#@k!

Lol.

There's a fine line btwn being a killing machine to save all the folks in country.
And controlling our language because the sh#t you lived was real. Very nice work. Keep on keeping on.

Thank you for your service with the kill crazy saviors of free-mankind.

Semper Fi
Wow! That certainly went over my head!

Somehow I don't see any humor there...

You probably think it time to put me to bed...

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Wow! That certainly went over my head!

Somehow I don't see any humor there...

You probably think it time to put me to bed...
Sorry, I appologize. I'll delete it, as I was over the top, disregard. As you were. My mistake.
Most wouldn't understand. Should have been a PM.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
The parts may well have been machined in the USA, but it seems the country of manufacture depends a lot on where you live. ;-)

Nice job. Up here we actually call that a finger brake. One tip: I've found the shop-press brake attachment works best if the work is centred under the hydraulic ram. Not so much of an issue bending sheet metal, but bending heavier stuff for brackets, etc. off-centre wants to cock the upper anvil slightly despite the guide bars.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.