3 point hitch no lift with load

chapman

Equipment
B21
Mar 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
I will provide as much of information as possible to insure a prompt response. I have a 2006 B21 TLB with approximately 620 hours. The backhoe has been removed for the third winter to allow the use of my 42 inch snow blower. The hydraulic/transmission fluid and filters were changed within the last 20 hours. The pick up screen was also cleaned. The fluid is Super UDT. The front end loaded works without problem. The tractor moves well and the hydraulic chute control operates properly. After approxiamtely 5 hours of use, over three uses to clear snow with the snowblower the 3 point point hitch will not lift the snowblower. The lift arms will operate upward without any load. There is no binding in lifting the snowblower as I have actually lifted it up with a floor jack. I have checked the hose connections and they appear to be good. I have moved the hitch lowering knob to full open, half open and closed without any change in my problem.The selector valve lever is in a full up position and I have turned it on and off multiple times. I have also varied the position control lever many times. The 3 point hitch was working properly and stopped suddenly approximately 45 minutes in a session removing snow. The temperature has been between -10 and -20 C for the last two weeks and the tractor is stored in an unheated closed garage.

I will answer any questions that I have not already addressed in the information.

The snow blower does work on the PTO but the 3 point hitch will not lift the snowblower.

Please provide a list of recommended items to check in your suggested order.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If your sure that the selector valve (back hoe to three point) is moving properly and in the proper position then I would check the feed back rod, it attaches to the right side three point arm.

Attachments

chapman

Equipment
B21
Mar 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
If your sure that the selector valve (back hoe to three point) is moving properly and in the proper position then I would check the feed back rod, it attaches to the right side three point arm.

Wolf man,
The feed back rod is moving with the operation on the three point arm, but I do not have power to lift the arm with a load. Lifts fine without a load.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What about the hydraulic change lever?
Move it back and forth several times to make sure it's in the 3 point position fully.

Attachments

chapman

Equipment
B21
Mar 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
What about the hydraulic change lever?
Move it back and forth several times to make sure it's in the 3 point position fully.
Wolfman,
The hydraulic change lever moves up and down freely and appears to be in the full 3 point position. If I place the change lever in the down/back hoe position the arms do not rise.
The feedback rod connected to the right arm has an adjust that can be made by loosening two nuts. Is it possible that the feedback rod adjustment should be shortened or lengthened?
The hydraulic fluid was a little overfilled - above the top line on the measuring stick/gauge. I drained off approximately one pint to get it below the top line/fill marker.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly more and more it's sounding like either one of 3 things, Pressure relief valve is stuck open, The three point valve is got a problem and sailing, or and most likely it has blow a seal on the piston.

Get the three point arms up (with no load), and put some weight on them
like stack a board and some bricks on the board, if it drops when you put weight on it running or not then it's most likely a seal on the piston.
I say most likely as trash in the valve could be causing the issues too it's just not as likely to have the same symptoms.

Now would be a great time to send for the WSM, sorry no free downloads to be had, there might be other testing that I'm missing that might help isolate the problem.
It's :p/N 9Y011-12011 $70.80
http://www.colemanequip.com/parts/KubotaParts/9Y011-12011/

chapman

Equipment
B21
Mar 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sadly more and more it's sounding like either one of 3 things, Pressure relief valve is stuck open, The three point valve is got a problem and sailing, or and most likely it has blow a seal on the piston.

Get the three point arms up (with no load), and put some weight on them
like stack a board and some bricks on the board, if it drops when you put weight on it running or not then it's most likely a seal on the piston.
I say most likely as trash in the valve could be causing the issues too it's just not as likely to have the same symptoms.

Now would be a great time to send for the WSM, sorry no free downloads to be had, there might be other testing that I'm missing that might help isolate the problem.
It's :p/N 9Y011-12011 $70.80
http://www.colemanequip.com/parts/KubotaParts/9Y011-12011/
Wolfman,
When I had the arms up by operating the position control lever and applied downward pressure, the arms dropped while the pressure was on and back up when the downward pressure was released.
I was planning to get the WSM and now I cannot delay it any longer.
Thank you for your thoughts.