Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Off Topic

Off Topic Got something to share but it's not strictly related to your favorite orange tractor? Post it here!

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
skeets
VIP Service Tech

Equipment: BX 2360
Default Re: Gearheads

She is a 2016,,lol
skeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
Fordtech86
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3200,la525,LP 5’bushhog,LP 5’disc,LP boxblade,2bottom plow,40 gal sprayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torch View Post
2018 with <45K? If it's a hub, then it sounds like a warranty issue to me.
X2. Skeets check with the dealer on hub warranty coverage. Should be covered under the powertrain warranty which is probably 5yr/60k miles.
Fordtech86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
RCW

Master Tech

Equipment: BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Default Gearheads

Torch and Ford bring up great points.
Actually skeets I think by ‘16 power train was 5 year/100,000 ..... even if 60k like Ford says, definitely more than the 3/36k bumper to bumper....

I’ve never replaced a wheel bearing on my pickups, but done a ton on our vans and cars. (9 on an Uplander in 120k miles...all fronts).

But I still get back to a wheel bearing goes bad, buggers up the ABS sensor. Light goes on, change the WB....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
ipz2222
Journeyman

Equipment: L235, bx2670

When I see an abs light on in a GM, I think it's normal. At least 20 to 30 percent of the gm vehicles that come into my shop have the abs light on. That will probably be changing for later models. My tech bought a 2015 dodge 1500 and one of the abs sensors went bad. I t caused the computer to cut back on the throttle to the point he could barely climb a hill. He lives on a mountain and he had to borrow his mothers car to get home that night. Very POOR design.
ipz2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #15
CaveCreekRay

Master Tech

Equipment: L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler

I love it when lawyers think they are engineers. This is what absolving people of personal responsibility has wrought. Did cars brake before ABS was invented? Of course they did, and just fine.

By the way, how is that working out for Boeing? Not so much.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #16
Fordtech86
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3200,la525,LP 5’bushhog,LP 5’disc,LP boxblade,2bottom plow,40 gal sprayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveCreekRay View Post
I love it when lawyers think they are engineers. This is what absolving people of personal responsibility has wrought. Did cars brake before ABS was invented? Of course they did, and just fine.

By the way, how is that working out for Boeing? Not so much.
There used to be a time when you hit the brakes and you determined what was going to happen. Today (2018 F150 as my example) there is 12 modules communicating on 4 different networks trying to figure out what is going to happen when you hit the brakes. Dealing with this stuff everyday people have forgot how to actually drive a car (and I’m not reffering to you skeets!). You wouldn’t believe the reasons I have had cars towed in for things that were obviously safe to drive. One of my favorite was car was towed in because the blind spot monitor didn’t work. The car still had 3 working mirrors! Customer refused to drive it though, when I got the car in the right rear quarter was smashed in from the customer backing into something and it crushed the module on that side for the BSM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #17
sheepfarmer

Equipment: L3560, John Deere Gator, Ingersoll mower, Ford 8N tractor that is a little young

Geez reading all this makes me glad I have my old stuff that still runs. (2003 Duramax 2500, 2006 or maybe 2009 Honda Fit) Neither has anything real fancy except ABS brakes and power door locks.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #18
skeets
VIP Service Tech

Equipment: BX 2360

Yeah I would love to see some these kids drive some of the things we did,,lol Really you cannot feel the road or what the tires are doing, how much of a slide you are in things we took for granted back inthe day,, I mean the new techno is pretty cool, but it has taken a lot of fun out of the drive and doing things under the old shade tree well that is almost gone unless you got 10K worth of tools and know puters inside out
skeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #19
RCW

Master Tech

Equipment: BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU

Skeets -

I did get a recall for my 2017 Silverado in the mail, betting the same one BAP's father got.

It's recall # N192268490

"Certain" 2014-2018 Chevy Silverado and Tahoe, along with Caddy Escalade and GMC Sierra and Yukon.

Recall says dealer will reprogram the controller, just like BAP said.

Not sure it caused your issue, but thought you should know the specifics.

Last edited by RCW; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:32 PM.
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #20
Fordtech86
4th Yr. Apprentice

Link to the recall RCW provided.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...9V645-6988.pdf

Looks like it has to do with lack of power brake assist. Possible skeets truck isn’t equipped with the mechanical vacuum pump? Sorry I’m not up on GM vehicles. Just adding more info!