Recent content by JohnDB

  1. J

    PTO hand clutch lever?

    Interesting... I've always dropped the idle speed down (and been stationary) before engaging the PTO clutch to reduce load on the PTO clutch and minimise the engagement 'graunch'. But the ops manual doesn't mention engine speed or tractor speed.
  2. J

    OEM Denso Starter fits many

    Same post by Workerbee in 2024: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/denso-starter-for-kubotas-sold.70110/
  3. J

    PTO hand clutch lever?

    The other "M500" series - M5500, 7500 according to the op manual. Also (I think) M4050.
  4. J

    I was called an un trusting old fart today

    Many, many boating accidents reported on this site. Apart from obvious water safety disregard, I warned my wife (currently in the US) against any boating due to likelihood of running aground on shoals of weapons and ammo lost overboard over the decades...
  5. J

    Brand/type of electrical connectors ?

    Deutsch connectors the best, but you need a range of cable terminations and crimper dies depending on cable gauge. Definitely expensive. I use the sort of crimper that RWT does, but avoid the pre-insulated cable terminations because I've found that its hard to be sure they are crimped firmly...
  6. J

    Determining a tractor's age

    That seems a little harsh ;)
  7. J

    You WILL pay 150 dollars for it.....and like it mister!!!!!!!

    Looking at your photo reminds me that my experience with Black & Decker circular saw lead to a similar lesson. Found that the saw blade spindle had a plain bush instead of bearings. Junk after 2 years light use. Makita saw I bought to replace it was twice the price and still going well after...
  8. J

    New member from Southeast AZ

    Thanks for joining us. This is a great forum, lots of useful friendly advice here, and info in past posts.
  9. J

    What is this called?

    Wondering if you also check the air filter for pinholes each time you blow it out, using a light inside it. Is your setup a double filter element (inner and outer)? Interested because I worked for an logging operation where engines were exposed to sand and pumice dust. The rule was only to...
  10. J

    What is this called?

    Its for dust and water. https://www.donaldson.com/en/resources/technical-articles/vacuator-valves-automatically-expel-dust-water/?srsltid=AfmBOop3_owdwylxjlPP9h8BC4W7mGZvoSfrvZQ-zGSh45ra8rpkFjMx
  11. J

    M4500 Rear axle

    No leads, but according to parts list some of those axles were used on M4050/DT as well. Good luck.
  12. J

    Kubota Service Training Series Manuals

    Gladly, will send it to you tomorrow. EDIT- @LittleUrbanFarm that manual is also at https://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor%20Owners%20Manuals/&file=B-%20L-%20and%20M-series%20Kubota%20Service%20Training%20Front%20Drive%20Axle.pdf
  13. J

    Kubota Service Training Series Manuals

    I haven't seen the Russian pdf version, but I've got a hard copy of that manual, used it to augment the WSM when overhauling the front axle of my M4500DT. I'm happy to share high res images or a copy if anyone needs it.
  14. J

    Putter geeks

    Ditto. Putter = used to molest golf balls. Weird game.
  15. J

    New To Us M8540

    That front hub seal leak may be due to the spaced out front rim on that side. I'd pay particular attention to it as it may be a symptom of deeper issues in that area. Like others have said, the tractor may have been used for side mounted mower, so a lot of load on that side, so I'd also try to...