Hydro line question

skeets

Well-known member

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
15,957
5,678
113
SW Pa
OK y'all know I had problems with the FEL on the B, and while it is back on I find at least one of the steel hydro lines across the front has a pin hole in it,, causing a real mess. Anyways, I was wondering , because of the price , if a local hydro shop could make on up or if a rubber high pressure line could be used in its place? What say you?
 

Caden

Active member

Equipment
1979 B7100
Apr 16, 2026
329
188
43
Virginia
Not sure how "safe" it is, but I've had success in the past using a brazing rod to repair steel line pinholes.
On the other hand, I would think a hydro shop would have no problem making a steel line.
 

Tughill Tom

Well-known member

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
1,483
2,173
113
Turin, NY
OK y'all know I had problems with the FEL on the B, and while it is back on I find at least one of the steel hydro lines across the front has a pin hole in it,, causing a real mess. Anyways, I was wondering , because of the price , if a local hydro shop could make on up or if a rubber high pressure line could be used in its place? What say you?
Pic's please...... Corrosion, Bent, Kinked ??
 

#40Fan

Well-known member
Jul 21, 2022
656
484
63
USA
If you could get the replacement steel line for less than a $100, I'd do that. If not, get a replacement rubber line.
 

GeoHorn

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
6,915
4,243
113
Texas
Splice a flared-fitting into it. (not compression)

IMG_0280.jpeg
 
Last edited:

hagrid

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
1,224
1,846
113
Pittsburgh
OK y'all know I had problems with the FEL on the B, and while it is back on I find at least one of the steel hydro lines across the front has a pin hole in it,, causing a real mess. Anyways, I was wondering , because of the price , if a local hydro shop could make on up or if a rubber high pressure line could be used in its place? What say you?
I've used this outfit when things went wrong at Perryman: https://www.google.com/searchviewer...2ahUKEwjY4prD8ZmXAxXjGVkFHe06FmIQ_pABegQIDBAH



Take your old line in for fitting and length reference.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Well-known member

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
15,957
5,678
113
SW Pa
I checked messnicks and yeah about 100 bucks for a 24 inch steel line,,
 

skeets

Well-known member

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
15,957
5,678
113
SW Pa
DAYUM guys your pretty good and spending my money ;) You guys a re brutal !
 
Last edited: