Adding led rear lights

rkh Kubota

New member

Equipment
Kubota L3302DT
Sep 30, 2024
27
7
3
Pennsylvania
I have theL3302DT and want to add led to the rear for back blading snow when it's dark. Do I hook it up to the lights or the fuse box? Also a separate switch or hooked to existing lights?
 

JasonW

Well-known member
Jan 29, 2015
890
593
93
Al
There are plenty of ways to achieve this just have to research on what you want.
Just adding rear lights I would add a switch off the work light wiring and to the lights.

I’ve added a aux fuse block to run several different things.
Always run fuses and proper wire sizes. Learn about amp ratings. Don’t skimp and risk burning down your tractor.
 

John T

Well-known member

Equipment
2017 BX23S 385XP Miller211 1952 Panhead Orange Ludwig 4 piece
May 5, 2017
1,345
866
113
under a rock
I have theL3302DT and want to add led to the rear for back blading snow when it's dark. Do I hook it up to the lights or the fuse box? Also a separate switch or hooked to existing lights?
I would buy a good quality set of LED lights (rigid or Black oak etc)
they will come with wiring/fuse/relay/switch.
(wires directly to the battery)

I'm sure plenty of guys will say cheap chinese Amazon LEDS are great.... but that has not been my experience.
I buy quality. Buy once... Cry once :cool:
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,432
11,231
113
Sandpoint, ID
The tractor should already be prewired for work lights.

1787523871321.png
 

rkh Kubota

New member

Equipment
Kubota L3302DT
Sep 30, 2024
27
7
3
Pennsylvania
Since I'm just a simple guy with no electrical degree, is the work light option in pink the available hook up for lights? My manual says there's Accessories outlet, but I couldn't find one. Is it only avaliable on the HST(mines manual transmission)?
 

JasonW

Well-known member
Jan 29, 2015
890
593
93
Al
Look underneath the rear fender. Cannot remember which side it’s on. The wiring should be tied around the flasher wiring. Thats the accessory outlet.
 

OntheRidge

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
502
590
93
25427
Should be left side.
 

Bearcatrp

Well-known member

Equipment
Oversized Garden Tractor (aka BX1880) with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
1,389
1,009
113
Minnesota
I went with a light bar that plugs into my cigarette lighter. I attach it to the ROPS.

 

rkh Kubota

New member

Equipment
Kubota L3302DT
Sep 30, 2024
27
7
3
Pennsylvania
I would buy a good quality set of LED lights (rigid or Black oak etc)
they will come with wiring/fuse/relay/switch.
(wires directly to the battery)

I'm sure plenty of guys will say cheap chinese Amazon LEDS are great.... but that has not been my experience.
I buy quality. Buy once... Cry once :cool:
Got the rear led lights and am attaching across the ROPS, with a metal between the ROPS, hooking up to a switch and online fuse. My question is where to hook up for power?
 

John T

Well-known member

Equipment
2017 BX23S 385XP Miller211 1952 Panhead Orange Ludwig 4 piece
May 5, 2017
1,345
866
113
under a rock
Got the rear led lights and am attaching across the ROPS, with a metal between the ROPS, hooking up to a switch and online fuse. My question is where to hook up for power?
post #7
post #9
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

GBJeffOH

Active member

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
322
147
43
Jefferson, Ohio

airbiscuit

Well-known member

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
422
481
63
NW WI
Easy enough to check if you've found the accessory outlet. See if it has power with the key on and rear lights off.