BX23s Fuel Pump opinions wanted

GreensvilleJay

Well-known member

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,
Apr 2, 2019
13,889
6,328
113
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Mine did the same thing, dealer had never seen it before, so they gave me a healthy credit on my account,said 'out of warranty.Neighbour ,who owns a big weld/fab shop repaired it for me next day. I've tried my best to destroy it since then. Probably 700 hours of heavy loader use. My BX23S is a 2018 unit.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Well-known member

Equipment
Oversized Garden Tractor (aka BX1880) with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
1,396
1,013
113
Minnesota
Awe, remember that. What eventually happened with that? Did kubota stand behind the fix?
 

Bearcatrp

Well-known member

Equipment
Oversized Garden Tractor (aka BX1880) with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
1,396
1,013
113
Minnesota
Thats BS. Thats a safety issue. Can you imagine lifting max lbs and its naps. that would be a catastrophic accident. I would be demanding a new FEL as yours is definitely defective.
 

GreensvilleJay

Well-known member

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,
Apr 2, 2019
13,889
6,328
113
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It wasn't ' catastrophic' for me, wonky yes ,but no damage..other than the cross tube no longer being welded to the tight loader arm.
Curious, wonder if it's always the right side that fails ?
 

Scm

Well-known member

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 28, 2024
443
411
63
Missouri
So a $5.50 pump lasts this long, 8 months. at this rate to reach the cost of a dealer pump price of $235 it will take 28.5 years. Time to order more backups. :LOL:
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,485
11,269
113
Sandpoint, ID
5 more ($26ish), should be good for 4.5 years. Stealth black too.

View attachment 180145
I guess I feel my time is worth a lot more.
There is no way I would keep buying cheap disposable fuel pumps and changing them like fuel filters.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

BAP

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
3,205
1,319
113
New Hampshire
Buy Junk! Get Junk!
 

GreensvilleJay

Well-known member

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,
Apr 2, 2019
13,889
6,328
113
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Buy Junk! Get Junk!
have a look at where your cell phone was made, big screen TV, 1/2 the parts in your ride, well pump,
just because it was Made in China does NOT mean it is junk.
I used one of those $26 pumps in my 70's A-C forklift for YEARS(9 or 10,then sold it)

FWIW , my BX23s ran fine for weeks WITHOUT that 'lift pump' being powered. Reconnected the dangling cable when I changed the 'famous' filter.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

John T

Well-known member

Equipment
2017 BX23S 385XP Miller211 1952 Panhead Orange Ludwig 4 piece
May 5, 2017
1,370
893
113
under a rock
FWIW , my BX23s ran fine for weeks WITHOUT that 'lift pump' being powered. Reconnected the dangling cable when I changed the 'famous' filter.
Interesting...
So I assume without the lift pump running, The fuel flows by gravity to the injector pump
then possibly the injector pump uses up the excess fuel that would normally go to the return line... ?
maybe thats just enough to keep it running via gravity feed.... ??

I'm sure if you changed a fuel filter or got air in the line somehow, It would never get back running again without the lift pump...

am I off base here?