My pops makes a very mild pesto with his for folks who aren't too big on garlic.Anyone suggest a good use for garlic scapes. I just cut mine and usually throw them in the compost pile. Wondering if they're worth adding to something and won't overwhelm the flavor.
View attachment 158279
This is from a mild German garlic that we love roasted. The scapes have a different stronger flavor that can be overwhelming to us.My pops makes a very mild pesto with his for folks who aren't too big on garlic.
Me, i'd eat as many bulbs of roasted whole garlic as you wanna put in front of me LOL.
I'm possibly addicted! And might be why i didn't even catch a single cold throughout my 30s.
Honestly, most of ours went to compost also. I did about 350 years ago.Anyone suggest a good use for garlic scapes. I just cut mine and usually throw them in the compost pile. Wondering if they're worth adding to something and won't overwhelm the flavor.
View attachment 158279
I'll have to try grilling some. Never thought much about using them but lately. I have seen them being sold for up to $20 a pound and thought there must bee a reason people will pay that much for a waste product.Honestly, most of ours went to compost also. I did about 350 years ago.
That said, we used to roast ours whole with some meats on the grill.
Loved them with a whole turkey split neck-to-tail. Did same with a split turkey breast when we had less mouths to feed.
A thought is just roast or smoke some of them. Makes the flavor much more mild.
Could use as an ingredient into whatever works for you.
Yeah- they bring plenty of $$ here also.I'll have to try grilling some. Never thought much about using them but lately. I have seen them being sold for up to $20 a pound and thought there must bee a reason people will pay that much for a waste product.
We never saw garlic scapes for sale years ago either.Anyone suggest a good use for garlic scapes. I just cut mine and usually throw them in the compost pile. Wondering if they're worth adding to something and won't overwhelm the flavor.
View attachment 158279

Those meatballs look SOOOOO perfect! My nonna did hers the same way.View attachment 158349
They would normally cook in the sauce, but we’ve been skipping that step lately when they go in vac bags.
7 bags @ 12 each.
View attachment 158351

You certainly tried.Tried some on the Blackstone and the rest are headed to the compost pile. Minced some up with a fresh picked onion and zucchini.
View attachment 158360
Grilled it with some sliced boneless chicken breast
View attachment 158361
A little rice and corn on the side
View attachment 158362
Would have been better just using the garlic cloves as we usually do. Then a Drumstick to get the scape taste from my mouth
View attachment 158363


Carrot cake is my favorite. The Mrs. does a great one (no surprise).Rolled up 30 enchiladas total. View attachment 158453
Got everyone all plated up and ready to go!
View attachment 158454
View attachment 158455
Carrot cake came out good. Slightly too sweet for me with all the decorative icing applied. But cake itself came out very moist.
View attachment 158456
Those do look fabulous. Be careful LOL.I decided to try making donuts. I don’t do much pastry cooking….
Came out really good…..
View attachment 158500
…..from the bakery.
I’m working on a mixed grill. Hots, hams, sausages…..I'm better suited for that kind of thing…
Except for my signature Buttermilk Biscuits, I never did much baking or pastry stuff.
I don't follow recipes well. Baking requires someone with more skills, literacy and focus than I have.
Thankfully the Mrs. takes up my slack there.