Open Cage Style Four Post ROPS

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
MX5400, LA1065, BH92 Hy Thumb
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
We are getting a MX5400 HST ROPS and we want to DYI some additional attachments. Looking at putting a Canopy with extra Front ROPS Posts mainly for attaching LED Lights, and a Handel to climb onto the Tractor. The Tractor has a Two Post ROPS on the back of each side of the driver seat. Has anyone made extra Two Front Posts connecting to the bottom frame and connecting at the top under the Canopy with square metal tubing to the top of the rear ROPS.

Like an open Cage ROPS with (4) posts. Anyone Make something like this???

Thanks.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
We are getting a MX5400 HST ROPS and we want to DYI some additional attachments. Looking at putting a Canopy with extra Front ROPS Posts mainly for attaching LED Lights, and a Handel to climb onto the Tractor. The Tractor has a Two Post ROPS on the back of each side of the driver seat. Has anyone made extra Two Front Posts connecting to the bottom frame and connecting at the top under the Canopy with square metal tubing to the top of the rear ROPS.

Like an open Cage ROPS with (4) posts. Anyone Make something like this???

Thanks.
I have an MX6000 with a steel canopy attached to the ROPS. I didn’t build front posts, just attached the lights to the underside of the canopy. I first attached a steel bar to the canopy, then the lights to the bar.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
No real reason why you can’t, but if lighting is the biggest concern, it may be wild overkill. My fiberglass canopy is connected to a pair of tube steel spars that project forward from brackets that are simply clamped to the OEM ROPS with large U-bolts and brackets. Much more solid that I’d imagined, and I even trailer the tractor this way. I have an LED work light at each corner and they’re fantastic. No ratted or wiggles.

Not sure how high your roof will be, but mine is too high to use for a grab handle mount unless it were to hang way down. IMO, better off with a fender mounted grab bar.

Reactions: 1 user

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Just buy an L47, it comes with a FOPS/ROPS. :ROFLMAO: