Decent Loader Valve That Won't Bankrupt me?

GueroRanchero

Equipment
Kubota M7040D
Jun 29, 2024
Mexico
Hey Guys,

I just bought an M7040D down in Mexico and I'm putting a 3rd party FEL on it because Kubota FELs are not available here, for some insane reason. Anyway, this 3rd party (*cough* Bison *Cough*) couldn't find their butts with both hands so I'm stuck trying to find a decent valve body to replace whatever is gonna come with it.

As far as I'm aware it's going to come with a 6 port valve (no power beyond) that I would have to run off the auxiliary valves which just doesn't work for me. The M7040 is properly plumbed from Kubota for a 7 port (power beyond) valve and that's what I want.

Is anyone aware of a 2 or 3 spool valve with Power Beyond of decent quality that won't bankrupt me? I would love float on one of the spools but I'm having a hard time finding anything good. There's a company out of Poland called "hydraulic-Master.com" and they have some decent looking options but it's really hard to get proper information from them and I have no idea what the import duties would end up being. If I can get a 3-spool valve I wouldn't need any fancy solenoid valves for a 3rd function, should I decide to add one.

There's a Chief valve on eBay that looks really good but it's only rated for 10gpm. I would need something 11gpm (40LPM)

Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg

*ETA* It looks like Chief is just re-branded Badestnost valves which are the same ones available from Hydraulics-Master.com. This is a brand manufactured in Bulgaria and sold out of Poland. Does anyone know what the quality is like?

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
You may just need a power beyond plug for the specific valve Bison provides to add a power beyond port.

Most people find a push-button on the stick for third function to be more convenient than a second stick.

GueroRanchero

Equipment
Kubota M7040D
Jun 29, 2024
Mexico
You may just need a power beyond plug for the specific valve Bison provides to add a power beyond port.

Most people find a push-button on the stick for third function to be more convenient than a second stick.
It's possible. I don't think I'm that lucky but maybe. Also, the bison valve will be a 2 leaver valve and it won't have a float function. I'm looking at valves that cost about $250-$300USD with 3 spools, a joystick, and float. I could possibly get a 2-spool with joystick and float and run a solenoid valve for the 3rd function.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey Guys,

I just bought an M7040D down in Mexico and I'm putting a 3rd party FEL on it because Kubota FELs are not available here, for some insane reason. Anyway, this 3rd party (*cough* Bison *Cough*) couldn't find their butts with both hands so I'm stuck trying to find a decent valve body to replace whatever is gonna come with it.

As far as I'm aware it's going to come with a 6 port valve (no power beyond) that I would have to run off the auxiliary valves which just doesn't work for me. The M7040 is properly plumbed from Kubota for a 7 port (power beyond) valve and that's what I want.

Is anyone aware of a 2 or 3 spool valve with Power Beyond of decent quality that won't bankrupt me? I would love float on one of the spools but I'm having a hard time finding anything good. There's a company out of Poland called "hydraulic-Master.com" and they have some decent looking options but it's really hard to get proper information from them and I have no idea what the import duties would end up being. If I can get a 3-spool valve I wouldn't need any fancy solenoid valves for a 3rd function, should I decide to add one.

There's a Chief valve on eBay that looks really good but it's only rated for 10gpm. I would need something 11gpm (40LPM)

Thanks!

View attachment 133309 View attachment 133310

*ETA* It looks like Chief is just re-branded Badestnost valves which are the same ones available from Hydraulics-Master.com. This is a brand manufactured in Bulgaria and sold out of Poland. Does anyone know what the quality is like?
The Badestnost valves are decent, inexpensive, and rebranded and sold by dozens of distributors. I havevused them with no problems. There are also a bunch of knockoffs that may or msy not be of comparable quality.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It's possible. I don't think I'm that lucky but maybe. Also, the bison valve will be a 2 leaver valve and it won't have a float function. I'm looking at valves that cost about $250-$300USD with 3 spools, a joystick, and float. I could possibly get a 2-spool with joystick and float and run a solenoid valve for the 3rd function.
The P40 (40 LPM) model is probably large enogh for your 11 GPM tractor but you might consider moving up to the P80 version. You probably dont need it but that will give you a little breathing room at minor expense.

Keep in mindthe power beyond sleeve for these valves is sold separately.

Are you looking for SAE or G thread ports? G thread is pretty much standard on the ones sold in Europe.

Dan

GueroRanchero

Equipment
Kubota M7040D
Jun 29, 2024
Mexico
The Badestnost valves are decent, inexpensive, and rebranded and sold by dozens of distributors. I havevused them with no problems. There are also a bunch of knockoffs that may or msy not be of comparable quality.

Dan
The P40 (40 LPM) model is probably large enogh for your 11 GPM tractor but you might consider moving up to the P80 version. You probably dont need it but that will give you a little breathing room at minor expense.

Keep in mindthe power beyond sleeve for these valves is sold separately.

Are you looking for SAE or G thread ports? G thread is pretty much standard on the ones sold in Europe.

Dan
Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. OK, good to know. The more I look the more it looks like everything available is Badestnost. It doesn't say on the Summit site, from what I can see, but the technical drawings and valve photos look exactly like the Badestnost products. The Summit pricing really isn't bad until you start trying to configure the valves. There are Perfect Hydraulics and Hydraulics masters on eBay who are both selling the Badestnost valves but they sting you with the shipping. They have better configurations available though. I will probably get a Summit valve if I can get the right one at the right price.

Really!?!?! 21GPM seems like a big jump. My tractor is "Rated" for 11gpm (40lpm) but who knows if that's actually what it's putting out. All of the P40 connector sizes seem appropriate for my tractors connections as everything seems to be 1/2" and 3/8".

This is a very good question. I'm guessing SAE. Everything in Mexico is almost identical to the USA with the exception of more metric stuff. The really big question mark is the tread form/size for the return port and the Aux hydraulic block for the FEL hydraulics. I have gone through the operators manual, the workshop manual and the loader installation manual and I can't find fitting information for these 3 ports:

Annotation 2024-06-25 102858.png

My tractor doesn't actually have a block like that it has a loop.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-23 at 22.13.40.jpeg

I'm guessing the loop is a JIC37 fitting but I have no idea what the return port fittings are.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi Dan, thanks for the reply. OK, good to know. The more I look the more it looks like everything available is Badestnost. It doesn't say on the Summit site, from what I can see, but the technical drawings and valve photos look exactly like the Badestnost products. The Summit pricing really isn't bad until you start trying to configure the valves. There are Perfect Hydraulics and Hydraulics masters on eBay who are both selling the Badestnost valves but they sting you with the shipping. They have better configurations available though. I will probably get a Summit valve if I can get the right one at the right price.

Really!?!?! 21GPM seems like a big jump. My tractor is "Rated" for 11gpm (40lpm) but who knows if that's actually what it's putting out. All of the P40 connector sizes seem appropriate for my tractors connections as everything seems to be 1/2" and 3/8".

This is a very good question. I'm guessing SAE. Everything in Mexico is almost identical to the USA with the exception of more metric stuff. The really big question mark is the tread form/size for the return port and the Aux hydraulic block for the FEL hydraulics. I have gone through the operators manual, the workshop manual and the loader installation manual and I can't find fitting information for these 3 ports:

View attachment 133383

My tractor doesn't actually have a block like that it has a loop.

View attachment 133384

I'm guessing the loop is a JIC37 fitting but I have no idea what the return port fittings are.
I am not sure all of the European P40 valves are made by Badestnost and I am positive there are Asian knockoffs. I have ine that I purchased fron one of the Polish distributors and I will check to see if there are any casting marks. Badestnost used to have their name on the castings but the last few Summit valves I have bought dont have them. I would think Summit could tell you if you call them. MAGISTER says quite specifically they are selling Badestnost. I would not worry too much about any of the European products but the Asian ones are priced so cheap it makes me nervous. I have never had my hands on one so thst may be overly harsh.

The only negative thing I can personslly report is the Summit P40 I have running remotes and 3rd function on my L3901 does have enough spool leakage it caused the top link cylinder to drift excessuvely. I put a DPOCV valve on it and no more drift. Thats not uncommon and rumor has it the Kubota valves behave the same. I have not usefd one on a loader so I dont know how dignifucant it would be in that application.

Bottom line is these valves are very modestly priced so you are not risking much.

I will toss out one more thing. Brand makes a very nice loader valve with features closer to Kubota OEM and it wont break the bank. For a loader appljcation that would be my personal choice but you have to be very careful about mounting orientation. The stock setup seems to on edge with wotk ports on the side rather than top. If you can accomadate that its a superior choice.

The P40 is rated 10.67 gallons so minute so yes it shouLd be fine in an 11 GPM system. That 11 GPM is at max engine RPM and its linear so at 90% throttle you are a biscuit under 10. Plus flow ratings are typically based on a 100 PSI drop inlet to outlet and a few PSI more or less is pretty meangingless unless you are running it continuosly at full flow.

I would be cautious about the threads on the tractor. Kubota is BSP centric and I would imagine the return port is G or possibly R thread. Tube fittings may be JIS rather than JIC. Thats usually published in the manuals.

GueroRanchero

Equipment
Kubota M7040D
Jun 29, 2024
Mexico
I am not sure all of the European P40 valves are made by Badestnost and I am positive there are Asian knockoffs. I have ine that I purchased fron one of the Polish distributors and I will check to see if there are any casting marks. Badestnost used to have their name on the castings but the last few Summit valves I have bought dont have them. I would think Summit could tell you if you call them. MAGISTER says quite specifically they are selling Badestnost. I would not worry too much about any of the European products but the Asian ones are priced so cheap it makes me nervous. I have never had my hands on one so thst may be overly harsh.

The only negative thing I can personslly report is the Summit P40 I have running remotes and 3rd function on my L3901 does have enough spool leakage it caused the top link cylinder to drift excessuvely. I put a DPOCV valve on it and no more drift. Thats not uncommon and rumor has it the Kubota valves behave the same. I have not usefd one on a loader so I dont know how dignifucant it would be in that application.

Bottom line is these valves are very modestly priced so you are not risking much.

I will toss out one more thing. Brand makes a very nice loader valve with features closer to Kubota OEM and it wont break the bank. For a loader appljcation that would be my personal choice but you have to be very careful about mounting orientation. The stock setup seems to on edge with wotk ports on the side rather than top. If you can accomadate that its a superior choice.

The P40 is rated 10.67 gallons so minute so yes it shouLd be fine in an 11 GPM system. That 11 GPM is at max engine RPM and its linear so at 90% throttle you are a biscuit under 10. Plus flow ratings are typically based on a 100 PSI drop inlet to outlet and a few PSI more or less is pretty meangingless unless you are running it continuosly at full flow.

I would be cautious about the threads on the tractor. Kubota is BSP centric and I would imagine the return port is G or possibly R thread. Tube fittings may be JIS rather than JIC. Thats usually published in the manuals.
All great info, thanks Dan.

Do you remember which polish distributor you got your Badestnost valve from?

I wasn't familiar with Magister so thanks for that. They also have good prices on those valves.

I had actually looked at the Brand website before but they don't have prices so I assumed they were ridiculously expensive. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably give them a call. Their series 34 valves are modular and rated for 13GPM so that could be perfect.

Excellent, thanks. I never would have guessed kubota is BSP. I might have to pull the caps and take a look and some measurements. Like I said, I couldn't find anything in the manual.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

I wasn't familiar with Magister so thanks for that. They also have good prices on those valves.

I had actually looked at the Brand website before but they don't have prices so I assumed they were ridiculously expensive. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll probably give them a call. Their series 34 valves are modular and rated for 13GPM so that could be perfect.

Excellent, thanks. I never would have guessed kubota is BSP. I might have to pull the caps and take a look and some measuremwhyents. Like I said, I couldn't find anything in the manual.
Still selling. Dont know why the link is showing that but it works.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Excellent, thanks. I never would have guessed kubota is BSP. I might have to pull the caps and take a look and some measurements. Like I said, I couldn't find anything in the manual.
Most of the world is BSP - British Empire thing.

I checked the valve frim Poland. No casting info but its a nice clean casting. I bought it with jjoystick and cable controls.

1000003189.jpg

I have one of the Brand valves. Purchased new and never used. Its been sitting on a shelf and excess to my needs if interested but it mounts on its side. Boom spool with float and bucket spool with regen.

1000003191.jpg

1000003198.jpg

GueroRanchero

Equipment
Kubota M7040D
Jun 29, 2024
Mexico
Still selling. Dont know why the link is showing that but it works.

Dan
Ahhh ok, Perfect Hydraulic. Good to know it's not fly-by-night. Honestly, that valve with the cables is extremely appealing because that's the same system Kubota uses so I can make a little bracket and bolt it to my tractor. It would make for a very clean installation with the valve mounted under the deck. But you said the only issue is that the spools leak? Did you get it with the plastic ball control cables or the steel ball control cables? Is there much of a difference?

Apparently the problem with Perfect Hydraulic is that they don't reply to messages and they also want $70 shipping for the Power Beyond sleeve and then you're supposed to message them to get a refund or something??? For the hassle it may be better to deal with a US supplier.

Your valve is also an appealing offer, thanks! Well I don't have the FEL yet, it will be delivered some time in the next two weeks. I'm not entirely sure yet how I will mount the valve but I have a shop so I can modify basically anything and make it work. The regen feature is interesting and I actually had to watch a video to see how it works. So basically it only works to make your bucket dump faster, is that right?

I'll send you a PM regarding the valve!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ahhh ok, Perfect Hydraulic. Good to know it's not fly-by-night. Honestly, that valve with the cables is extremely appealing because that's the same system Kubota uses so I can make a little bracket and bolt it to my tractor. It would make for a very clean installation with the valve mounted under the deck. But you said the only issue is that the spools leak? Did you get it with the plastic ball control cables or the steel ball control cables? Is there much of a difference?

Apparently the problem with Perfect Hydraulic is that they don't reply to messages and they also want $70 shipping for the Power Beyond sleeve and then you're supposed to message them to get a refund or something??? For the hassle it may be better to deal with a US supplier.

Your valve is also an appealing offer, thanks! Well I don't have the FEL yet, it will be delivered some time in the next two weeks. I'm not entirely sure yet how I will mount the valve but I have a shop so I can modify basically anything and make it work. The regen feature is interesting and I actually had to watch a video to see how it works. So basically it only works to make your bucket dump faster, is that right?

I'll send you a PM regarding the valve!
Steel control cables with one button joystick. I had numerous exchanges with Perfect Hydraulics and had no issues. Minor language barrier but not bothersome. They combined my purchased into one including the power beyond sleeve. Shipping was reasonably priced and fast. Cerysinly no hassles and I would use them again if I wanted more of those vslves. The remote control cable option was a lot cheaper than other sources. Can't comment on spool leakage because I have never used the valve.

Regen is a standard feature on Kunota loader valves and I like Brand's implementation better than Kubota's. The Brand spool is 4 position and you get normal curl and dump operation in positions 2 and 3. To get regen you go past 3 to a fourth position similar to the way you get to float on the boom spool.

Dan

Last edited:

GueroRanchero

Equipment
Kubota M7040D
Jun 29, 2024
Mexico
Steel control cables with one button joystick. I had numerous exchanges with Perfect Hydraulics and had no issues. Minor language barrier but not bothersome. They combined my purchased into one including the power beyond sleeve. Shipping was reasonably priced and fast. Cerysinly no hassles and I would use them again if I wanted more of those vslves. The remote control cable option was a lot cheaper than other sources. Can't comment on spool leakage because I have never used the valve.

Regen is a standard feature on Kunota loader valves and I like Brand's implementation better than Kubota's. The Brand spool is 4 position and you get normal curl and dump operation in positions 2 and 3. To get regen you go past 3 to a fourth position similar to the way you get to float on the boom spool.

Dan
Oh interesting. Were you conversing with them via ebay or via their email/website. Maybe the issue is that I tried to contact them through ebay. I will try though their website.

If I can get a hold of them and they can combine a shipment a lot of my concerns will disappear.

Sorry for the confusion. You said this:
When you said the Summit valve had spool leakage I immediately assumed that the summit valve was a Badestnost valve so I was equating Summit with Perfect Hydraulic.

I got a very quick response from Brand. I will call them on Monday and see what they have to say. If I decide to go with a standard 2 spool valve with joystick I will buy your valve from you but I'm going to talk to them first and figure out what will be the best way for me to proceed. Thanks again for all of your input!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Oh interesting. Were you conversing with them via ebay or via their email/website. Maybe the issue is that I tried to contact them through ebay. I will try though their website.

If I can get a hold of them and they can combine a shipment a lot of my concerns will disappear.

Sorry for the confusion. You said this:

When you said the Summit valve had spool leakage I immediately assumed that the summit valve was a Badestnost valve so I was equating Summit with Perfect Hydraulic.

I got a very quick response from Brand. I will call them on Monday and see what they have to say. If I decide to go with a standard 2 spool valve with joystick I will buy your valve from you but I'm going to talk to them first and figure out what will be the best way for me to proceed. Thanks again for all of your input!
All spool valves hsve leakage. Its tje nature of the beast.

I am not sure what more you expect to learn from Brand. They will know nothing about the specifics of your application.

Dan

GueroRanchero

Equipment
Kubota M7040D
Jun 29, 2024
Mexico
All spool valves hsve leakage. Its tje nature of the beast.

I am not sure what more you expect to learn from Brand. They will know nothing about the specifics of your application.

Dan
Yes, but it sounds like your summit valve leaked excessively....

I'm interested in the series 34 valves. Better flow and modularity. I might get crazy and stack some valves so I can have 3rd function and possibly a motor control. Power rakes look cool and I like to future proof. It will all depend on price.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes, but it sounds like your summit valve leaked excessively....

I'm interested in the series 34 valves. Better flow and modularity. I might get crazy and stack some valves so I can have 3rd function and possibly a motor control. Power rakes look cool and I like to future proof. It will all depend on price.
We started out talking low cost that wont break the bank and now you are getting well up in price.

For sectionals expect to pay roughly $150 per vanilla work section and another $150 for the inlet and outlet sections. A joystick kit is probably another $150.

Yes it gets you more flexibility but you will pay for that. Surplus Center sells Prince SV sectionals at a very competitive price. Go to their site and price some configurarions to see what I mean. For example an OEM Kubota loader valve has a serial boom spool with 4th position float paired with a parallel regenerative bucket spool.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
We started out talking low cost that wont break the bank and now you are getting well up in price.

For sectionals expect to pay roughly $150 per vanilla work section and another $150 for the inlet and outlet sections. A joystick kit is probably another $150.

Yes it gets you more flexibility but you will pay for that. Surplus Center sells Prince SV sectionals at a very competitive price. Go to their site and price some configurarions to see what I mean. For example an OEM Kubota loader valve has a serial boom spool with 4th position float paired with a parallel regenerative bucket spool.

Dan
I actually tried to configure a Prunce SV sectional for you using Surplus Center.

Two spool with handles, one DA with float, one DA spring center, and power beyond outle is $550. Add joystick conversion kit for another $300.

I also ðiscovered Surplus Center is now selling the Brand Series 34 but with far less options. Same valve as above is $350 but no joystick kit offered.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I actually tried to configure a Prunce SV sectional for you using Surplus Center.

Two spool with handles, one DA with float, one DA spring center, and power beyond outle is $550. Add joystick conversion kit for another $300.

I also ðiscovered Surplus Center is now selling the Brand Series 34 but with far less options. Same valve as above is $350 but no joystick kit offered.

Dan
I just ordered two of the Brand sectional valves for another project I have been working on. I will let you know initial impressions after I look them over.

Dan