What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
If you're looking to kill wasps, spiders, mosquitoes, ants, bugs in general:

Permethrin SFR 36.8%

Read and understand the directions, mix as directed and do not get it in your water supply. Lasts 2-3 years when applied to the underside of structures. I wear a full-face respirator when applying.

Reactions: 1 users

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
lawn3.jpg

Finished up that patch job on the lawn. Wrong time of year to be trying to start grass, but I seeded it anyway and if it takes, good. If not, I'll hit it again in early Fall when it cools down.

Reactions: 7 users

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
That looks like a slick set up…is that homemade or purchased off the shelf? Any chance you might share some pictures from a couple angles?
Hey rc51s... - It's homemade, everything bought piecemeal. I fabed the junction support / return drain mount plate (and the tank carry frame). Hoses were ordered to length. I found the orange :))) spray hose on Amazon. Can't recall where I found the best deals at the time on roller pump and pto adapter.
1000004083.jpg

1000004080.jpg

1000004079.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Every day it's been 90*+ with high humidity.

I'm not sure how the farmers do it day after day.
Give me 35* and 6" of snow any day compared to this. Easy to put on a jacket alot harder to peel the fat layer off.
I agree re the heat thing, but only because I'm in the middle of a welding project and it kind of sucks when it's 95F. But as for tractors, like many farmers around here, all farmers that I've seen come to think of it, cabs are the way to go. I don't care if it's -30F or 100F, I'm in the A/C, no bugs are biting me, I'm not inhaling dust, my drink stays cold in the built-in cup holder, my ears aren't getting hot due to ear muffs, the music sounds good and I'm being productive.

I'm heading to my friend's place this week to cut his 12 acres or so and it's going to be hot. The worst part will be the 15 minutes it takes to get the tractor and cutter off the trailer, then the rest is easy. Any time I get out of the cab I'm going to be swatting horse flies and mosquitos. My friend's place along the river is nice, but the mosquitos really suck. I'll be fighting those bastards as I'm getting the tractor and cutter back on the trailer. 😖

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I used the MX to move trailers around over the weekend, remembered that pallet forks on a FEL are a compromise over a forklift, and yesterday used the MX to get the trailer extension positioned. Tomorrow I'll use it to get the diamond plate on the trailer.

10.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
More progress today on the tower project. Didn't want to drill the hole for the third and last I beam as the lawn isn't completely dried out yet and I would really destroy it working on it now. As it is, I'll probably do some serious damage tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
As other posters have mentioned, the weather really sucks for this type of work. Today was in the 90's again and way too humid.
I used a manual post hole digger to clean out the hole I drilled yesterday with the auger. Then used the tractor to carefully lower the 1st tower section into it. The sections are 10' long and weigh ~100lbs. A piece of cake compared to the I beams.
The forks make life easier with handling the 60lb bags of quick mix. I positioned the pallet waist high next to the hole so I wouldn't have to lift, only set them down next to the hole. Cut open with a knife and dump them in a hole. I soaked them down after each bag was dumped in. Beats actually mixing and its worked for me before.
Put in 33 bags into that hole!
1st_tower_section_done_20240715_160803.jpg

and what it looked like:
1st_tower section-in_20240715_171200.jpg

Perfectly square plumb!

Reactions: 10 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
More progress today on the tower project. Didn't want to drill the hole for the third and last I beam as the lawn isn't completely dried out yet and I would really destroy it working on it now. As it is, I'll probably do some serious damage tomorrow if it doesn't rain.
As other posters have mentioned, the weather really sucks for this type of work. Today was in the 90's again and way too humid.
I used a manual post hole digger to clean out the hole I drilled yesterday with the auger. Then used the tractor to carefully lower the 1st tower section into it. The sections are 10' long and weigh ~100lbs. A piece of cake compared to the I beams.
The forks make life easier with handling the 60lb bags of quick mix. I positioned the pallet waist high next to the hole so I wouldn't have to lift, only set them down next to the hole. Cut open with a knife and dump them in a hole. I soaked them down after each bag was dumped in. Beats actually mixing and its worked for me before.
Put in 33 bags into that hole!
View attachment 132772

and what it looked like:
View attachment 132774

Perfectly square plumb!
This is a cool project. How are you going to use the I-beams that you set in concrete? Will they each support one leg of the new tower? I have my Technician's License and might get the General to open up some more frequencies.

Working with concrete, even 60lb bags, is tough. I'll be doing something similar when it cools off and I start on a poll barn. I'll be setting pipe into holes and back filling with concrete. I have a 5 cu.ft Honda powered mixer so will be putting it to good use.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
This is a cool project. How are you going to use the I-beams that you set in concrete? Will they each support one leg of the new tower? I have my Technician's License and might get the General to open up some more frequencies.

Working with concrete, even 60lb bags, is tough. I'll be doing something similar when it cools off and I start on a poll barn. I'll be setting pipe into holes and back filling with concrete. I have a 5 cu.ft Honda powered mixer so will be putting it to good use.
The I beams will be the anchor points for the guy wires (Phillystran, non-metallic guys). There are two sets of 3 guys at 25 and 50 feet. They are 120 degrees apart. They will go to the tops of the I beams. That places the low points 8' above the ground and they slope up from there. The idea is even I can't hook them by carelessly driving the tractor under them (or some truck that goes there).

Good luck with upgrade! Although there is no code requirement anymore, CW is my favorite mode. I've been licensed for 64 years. Its been a great hobby for me. I've learned a lot and have a lot more to learn yet. There are so many facets to the hobby. For years I was mostly a builder / tinkerer. Then a DX chaser. Then a contest dabbler / special event participant. Always a rag chewer. Some years just inactive.

k1tgx

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Mowed our yard/s with the LX3310. It was in the mid 80's so I mowed in low range to help keep the engine temp in a respectful place. If I went too fast, the engine tenp was getting pretty high.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
We're getting some rain
20240716_181618.jpg

Took this one as some lightning flashed. The camera gave it a split two-tone look.
20240716_182437.jpg

All shined up like I washed it😄
20240716_182624.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Cut a couple acres with the rotary cutter this morning and then picked up a new to me 7x16 utility trailer with tandem 3500 pound axles. 2021 but only used once per seller. Should handle the L3902 easily if or when I need to transport it.

Had a funny video on one of the trail cams this morning but don't know how to post videos. A bull moose came up to my electric horse fence and found out it does zap! Another hot day in the 90's, hoping for some good rain soon.
trailer1.jpg
trailer.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Drilled Tried to drill the hole for the 3rd and last I Beam on my tower project. Welcome to CT :(

Hit boney city on the 1st two between 28-32" deep. Absolute minimum is 40" with 44 or better being great.

I'm on the 3rd hole but had to quit - the skies just turned BLACK and there is constant rumble of thunder in the distance. I'm down about 30" on this one and it looks like a manual post hole digger from here on.

3rd_hole_fails_20240717_164926.jpg

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Cut a couple acres with the rotary cutter this morning and then picked up a new to me 7x16 utility trailer with tandem 3500 pound axles. 2021 but only used once per seller. Should handle the L3902 easily if or when I need to transport it.

Had a funny video on one of the trail cams this morning but don't know how to post videos. A bull moose came up to my electric horse fence and found out it does zap! Another hot day in the 90's, hoping for some good rain soon. View attachment 132883 View attachment 132884
That is a good find. I have been searching for a similar trailer for over 6 months and all that I find are in poor condition. I have been searching Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist to no avail. Seems like every one that is in good condition is sold in the first 30 minutes of being listed. I am amazed at how many people want to sell you a trailer with no title or legitimate paperwork. They say to register it as "Homemade", but that doesn't fly with the CT DMV when it has to be inspected before being issued a plate.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Spent 3 hours cutting grass with the LandPride 60" FDR1660 rear finish mower. Figured that if I didn't get it cut today, the storms coming in tonight will make it more difficult once the ground dries out and the grass gets higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not to much today…put the ballast box on so I could load the new grapple on the trailer. Hope to check the speed rating 😉 out going down the road. 🥃
Wait! What? That's an EA grapple ... and it's new? 😂

• Haha

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Sort of…I got it last fall just before SHTF. I purchased in advance of work I had coming for this summer when lead times were long and there was a sale on them. It’s not been used yet. It’s way too big/heavy for a B to use. All I did was unload with my B, open and close with third function to make sure it works and take some pictures and posted on the forum and put in the barn. Then there have been a series of issues with my brakes on the truck this spring and summer so I have not been able to haul the grapple or anything up North to use. Multiple trips up and day of or at start of trip I have had a caliper sticking. Finally I have just replaced the calipers. Fingers crossed brakes are fixed and I will get to use very very soon. Stay tuned. So it’s still new…not used not loss of paint. It’s new limited edition I guess you could say. I hope to report happy customer very soon. 🥃

• Haha