What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
It’s been raining a lot and we are well into our summer monsoon season, so I’m going to remove the plow from the 3ph and install my 6’ rotary cutter. Then grease the machine and go fill the fuel caddy with fuel. Getting ready for days of cutting.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
It was SO ugly "before"
Will be SO much better with 200 new houses! 😭
Time to move?
After they finish the 200 houses on the other side of the road and a different development puts up about 75 more on our side of the road, this will still be my view from my house. The houses are $450K to $700K single dwellings so at least it isn’t Section 8 apartments.

IMG_2742.jpeg

Wife and I have considered moving but so far we like it here and not much excited about starting over somewhere else.

Neighbors will be in the city but we’re statutorily protected from annexation by forestry status and we’re zoned agricultural so our new neighbors have to keep their grass 3” maximum and can’t fire a gun while we can mow the grass or not and still have friends over for an afternoon of shooting clays or a morning of hunting. They can’t park more than two cars outside of an enclosed garage on their property while I can start a scrap yard on my place if I feel like it.

Not quite sure how that’s going to mix. We’re kind of in a wait and see mode for now. In the meantime, the value of the land isn’t going anywhere but up.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
After they finish the 200 houses on the other side of the road and a different development puts up about 75 more on our side of the road, this will still be my view from my house. The houses are $450K to $700K single dwellings so at least it isn’t Section 8 apartments.

View attachment 132589
Wife and I have considered moving but so far we like it here and not much excited about starting over somewhere else.

Neighbors will be in the city but we’re statutorily protected from annexation by forestry status and we’re zoned agricultural so our new neighbors have to keep their grass 3” maximum and can’t fire a gun while we can mow the grass or not and still have friends over for an afternoon of shooting clays or a morning of hunting. They can’t park more than two cars outside of an enclosed garage on their property while I can start a scrap yard on my place if I feel like it.

Not quite sure how that’s going to mix. We’re kind of in a wait and see mode for now. In the meantime, the value of the land isn’t going anywhere but up.
Start the scrap yard!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
2nd I beam anchor time today. It was hot and humid - more than I wanted to work in, especially with the buggies in the woods. Forecast is for rain and if that happens the swale I have to traverse will be an impassable mud hole for days. So today was the day!

Where it's going - there is an orange / white stake just to the left of the stump:
2nd ibeam location.jpg

Dig the hole with new 18" auger. It really went well until I hit 4 or 5 6-10" rocks that were bunched together - manual post hole digger pulled them out.
2nd ibeam hole finished.jpg

Position the beam
2nd ibeam positioning.jpg

Installed with 17 bags of 60lb quick mix (had to take 2 off the pallet to keep the rears on the ground)
2nd ibeam finished cement.jpg

and done
2nd i beam done.jpg

it really is level :)

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68,Flail Mower,Z421
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Used the new z421 for the first time today. It was a pleasure to mow with a machine that has b@!!s. Areas that would have bogged down the old mower didn't affect this one at all. With the 60" deck vs the old 50" combined with more power and speed, what used to take 3 hours was done in 2.

Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
2nd I beam anchor time today. It was hot and humid - more than I wanted to work in, especially with the buggies in the woods. Forecast is for rain and if that happens the swale I have to traverse will be an impassable mud hole for days. So today was the day!

Where it's going - there is an orange / white stake just to the left of the stump:
View attachment 132604

Dig the hole with new 18" auger. It really went well until I hit 4 or 5 6-10" rocks that were bunched together - manual post hole digger pulled them out.
View attachment 132605

Position the beam
View attachment 132606

Installed with 17 bags of 60lb quick mix (had to take 2 off the pallet to keep the rears on the ground)
View attachment 132607

and done
View attachment 132608

it really is level :)
You mean plumb? ;)

• Haha

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Working on a little lawn repair project. The bozos that installed a 20 foot culvert in the ditch between my front and side lawns backfilled it with ditch cleanings and called it "loam". Sand and rocks is all it has ever been, with the odd clump of clay.

Between the poor excuse for soil and the lack of depth, grass has never grown there. Heck, even WEEDS struggle to survive.

I made a pass with my 4 foot tiller and have been digging the sand/rock/crap out to a depth of about 4 inches and replacing it with fresh compost. 90% shovel and rake work. It is kicking my boo-tay.

Got out there at a little after 7am this morning, thinking to work while it was "cool". Got three bucket loads of crap removed and two bucket loads of compost spread and I'm done. About an hour and a half. It's only 73° but it's also 84% humidity which didn't help much. Of course the fact that I'm 73 years old doesn't figure in...:rolleyes:

The good news is one or two more sessions should finish it up.

Reactions: 7 users

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Went out to bushhog the field out back.
I hadn't touched it since May.
Every day it's been 90*+ with high humidity. Not the best weather for a obese Yankee. So plenty of orders and the shop is 70* I weld and fab and avoid the heat.
I'm not sure how the farmers do it day after day.
Give me 35* and 6" of snow any day compared to this. Easy to put on a jacket alot harder to peel the fat layer off.

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

JLE1982

Equipment
2017 M5-091 Narrow, KX121-3 Super
Jul 14, 2024
Harborcreek, PA
Sprayed some bug juice to kill Japanese beetles — you should buy some Welch’s Concord grape products next time you’re shopping! 😁
IMG_4698.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
just a little mowing (got line of storms coming shortly), turning some compost, and a couple buckets of wood…did not take long for the humidity to get the best of me swinging the maul. Should not have to water the garden this evening.

Attachments

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Mowed the only green part of the yard - a strip about 3' wide next to the road. It was nearly a foot tall and everything else is still brown and crunchy.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went out to the farm Saturday and mowed. Also, went through a couple cans of wasp spray, they seem to be out in full force. Sprayed to nest that formed in the tractor barn. Went by the well house there was lots of wasp there. So many that I didn't get out to try to spray, I will have to comeback another day in the early morning hours and catch them before they get active. This is the third time I have sprayed this year.

I hadn't seen any and in the last three or four weeks they are showing up every where it seems.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Went out to the farm Saturday and mowed. Also, went through a couple cans of wasp spray, they seem to be out in full force. Sprayed to nest that formed in the tractor barn. Went by the well house there was lots of wasp there. So many that I didn't get out to try to spray, I will have to comeback another day in the early morning hours and catch them before they get active. This is the third time I have sprayed this year.

I hadn't seen any and in the last three or four weeks they are showing up every where it seems.
In our previous house we had a large deck about 10' above ground level. The wasps apparently loved that environment as they constantly built nests under there.
On the suggestion of a friend, I sprayed a water / peppermint oil mixture under there. It worked.

After that did it 2X a year - spring and summer. No more wasps.

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
In our previous house we had a large deck about 10' above ground level. The wasps apparently loved that environment as they constantly built nests under there.
On the suggestion of a friend, I sprayed a water / peppermint oil mixture under there. It worked.

After that did it 2X a year - spring and summer. No more wasps.
Thanks for the tip!