Dodge Fans....No V8s

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
If only the markets catered to that one guy that wants to buy a stripped down truck once every 20 years 🤣🤣🤣.

If I were in the market for a half ton I would get the 3.5 ecoboost (obviously all other brands are out for me). But for now I’ll just stick with my 05 6.0

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I'm loving all this Ford talk.
My last three F150s have all had the 5.0L 400hp V8
I have a Boss plow that I plow snow with and you can't put a plow on a turbo like the 3.5L ecoboost. I'm saving my pennies now for May of 25 to truck shop again. I've owned 12 F150s.
It's hard to imagine I guess or not the government telling us or manufacturers what we should be be driving.
I had a customer a few yrs back that would stop at my shop.
He drove a rabbit diesel and a older pirsus he had bought after it had been in a crash, fixed it up and loved saving money as he put it. But he would tell me on the way here I met ________number of pickup trucks AND ONLY 1 had a load in the bed.
What a complete waste of money driving that big truck for no reason.
I'd tell him Jim I love my truck and don't need a load to haul to go to Dunkin to get a coffee or just drive somewhere.
But I think the world has more "Jims" then we really know.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
When I was looking for a replacement for my '97 F150 rec cab, sht box, 4.6, I found out it's super rare here in Ontario, heck Canada. Not ONE in the country on any lot. Dealers all pushed their eco6,4 door, 4wd pickups. NOT interested,won't work for me. I could order one though. Yeah sure, buy it before I try it ? No thanks. Decided, hmm, maybe a Ranger will work IF I stop hauling 7K of pony poop... Ford Canada offers 6 versions of the Ranger, ALL 4WD ! 2WD is NOT for sale in Canada and guv will not allow me to import one from the USA. I drove all 3 styles of '67 Mustangs for decades and ZERO issues driving in snow, so I don't need what 'marketing' says I do. The battery powered F150 could work but again do NOT need 4 doors, it's 4wd would help traverse the 10 acres I play in though.
2wd trucks don’t sell anymore, so why should dealers stock them?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I'm loving all this Ford talk.
My last three F150s have all had the 5.0L 400hp V8
I have a Boss plow that I plow snow with and you can't put a plow on a turbo like the 3.5L ecoboost. I'm saving my pennies now for May of 25 to truck shop again. I've owned 12 F150s.
It's hard to imagine I guess or not the government telling us or manufacturers what we should be be driving.
I had a customer a few yrs back that would stop at my shop.
He drove a rabbit diesel and a older pirsus he had bought after it had been in a crash, fixed it up and loved saving money as he put it. But he would tell me on the way here I met ________number of pickup trucks AND ONLY 1 had a load in the bed.
What a complete waste of money driving that big truck for no reason.
I'd tell him Jim I love my truck and don't need a load to haul to go to Dunkin to get a coffee or just drive somewhere.
But I think the world has more "Jims" then we really know.
they don't like you putting a plow on an f150 at all, but the main reason on the ecoboost is because plowing snow plugs up the intercooler, and then the engine is ingesting hot air because the IC is plugged with snow and can't cool.

I remember dad putting a plow on his old truck many moons ago and I also remember very well dad having to constantly work on that truck-and when younger me asked why, 2 main things were the reason. (1) plowing snow is hard on stuff and (2) GM.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
they don't like you putting a plow on an f150 at all, but the main reason on the ecoboost is because plowing snow plugs up the intercooler, and then the engine is ingesting hot air because the IC is plugged with snow and can't cool.

I remember dad putting a plow on his old truck many moons ago and I also remember very well dad having to constantly work on that truck-and when younger me asked why, 2 main things were the reason. (1) plowing snow is hard on stuff and (2) GM.
We had an old Chevy 3/4 ton plow truck up until I was 10, and then gramps traded that in and got a Chevy half ton with a snow plow. The truck was mid 80's with the V6.

Never had any real issues with the truck. The occasional battery going bad, etc..... All minor things.

And this was Vermont where we got snow for 6 months out of the year and sometimes lots of it.

Truck had a granny 3 spd transmission. You just plowed in low gear.

Reactions: 1 user