Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Lol, and when they get in that state they can be cruel as well, just sayin'
The dog or the wife ?
Max moved on to be a stud at a friends farm. Sired some decent rabbit hunters. Me, not so much, LOL.
My dogs all figured out pretty quick that mom ruled the roost ( most of the time) .

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I think I’ve posted this pic before but couldn’t find where, so it’s here again since it includes the tractor and this is a tractor forum.
IMG_0115.jpeg

Lost our cat, only pet wife or I have ever had other than fish which don’t really count. He was fine Friday. By Monday when we took him to the after hours vet they said the could fix him temporarily for $3K but not permanently.

Our then semi-adult son rescued him from a shelter 3.5 years ago. We rescued him from our son 3 years ago. Son dumped him because the cat attacked him. Son is a salesman so of course he didn’t reveal that until a month later when he started getting a bit worried about his mom possibly being attacked. Told him that would have been nice to know but yes, the cat had attacked me once. He said he wasn’t worried about me and asked how far the cat flew. Told him I saw him coming so I backhanded him about 10’ at which point the shelves stopped him. Son said he’d gotten that backhand once and figured that would either kill the cat or stop him from attacking people. Cat wouldn’t come near me for a week, after which we became buds now that we had pecking order established.

He’s just a cat but if they’d said they could permanently fix him for $3K we wouldn’t have thought twice about writing the check.

Still haven’t decided if we’re burying him or cremating him. For now he’s in a little cardboard coffin in a spare freezer at the spare house. If we bury him, wife wants the cardboard coffin in a big, heavy gauge metal box. Once again wondering why I didn’t get the damn backhoe when I had the opportunity.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I think I’ve posted this pic before but couldn’t find where, so it’s here again since it includes the tractor and this is a tractor forum. View attachment 111491
Lost our cat, only pet wife or I have ever had other than fish which don’t really count. He was fine Friday. By Monday when we took him to the after hours vet they said the could fix him temporarily for $3K but not permanently.

Our then semi-adult son rescued him from a shelter 3.5 years ago. We rescued him from our son 3 years ago. Son dumped him because the cat attacked him. Son is a salesman so of course he didn’t reveal that until a month later when he started getting a bit worried about his mom possibly being attacked. Told him that would have been nice to know but yes, the cat had attacked me once. He said he wasn’t worried about me and asked how far the cat flew. Told him I saw him coming so I backhanded him about 10’ at which point the shelves stopped him. Son said he’d gotten that backhand once and figured that would either kill the cat or stop him from attacking people. Cat wouldn’t come near me for a week, after which we became buds now that we had pecking order established.

He’s just a cat but if they’d said they could permanently fix him for $3K we wouldn’t have thought twice about writing the check.

Still haven’t decided if we’re burying him or cremating him. For now he’s in a little cardboard coffin in a spare freezer at the spare house. If we bury him, wife wants the cardboard coffin in a big, heavy gauge metal box. Once again wondering why I didn’t get the damn backhoe when I had the opportunity.
I am sorry for your loss.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I am sorry for your loss,
Been there many times, so I understand the hurt.

Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yep, it still hurts. That was the only pet you guys had; understandable.

We're not cat people but harbored a cat for 14 years. Sounds of similar ilk as far as going after family.

She got after our 3-4 year old son and young Boxer puppy pretty bad.

"Sophie" was a Tortoiseshell Calico and had an attitude all her life. We still missed when she had to go...and she had to go.....

Last edited:

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
I am sorry for your loss,
Been there many times, so I understand the hurt.
What he said. Not much makes me cry...even most funerals but I don't do well, at all, when one of the animal family dies. Feel for you.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
A while ago I posted my dogs steal the veggies and fruits from my plants. Got photo evidence of one stealing baby tomatoes.

image000000(36).jpeg

image000000(38).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
A while ago I posted my dogs steal the veggies and fruits from my plants. Got photo evidence of one stealing baby tomatoes.

View attachment 111596

View attachment 111597
Lol, now that's too funny, must be a twin to our neighbours awesome dog Haley across the street. I have to tell you that beautiful little girl helped me through a very hard time when I lost my my little buddy Moe. Thanks for posting. :)

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Daisy has a habit of digging out the pillows on our made bed and creating a little nest for herself:

daisy 20230915_115724.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Little Dog likes to nest as well especially when cold.
When we can't find him chances are he's hiding under a pile of quilts he has pulled together from wherever.
He rolls himself up like a sausage

1695009441286.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dad and I are getting the Dragon ready. I help by getting right in the middle of the project and help Dad….A LOT…..😉

IMG_6107.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
This thread is like the places we take Digger for walks, we always recognizer the dogs first and pretty much all their names but only a few of the owners names.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Success….Dad couldn’t have done it without my “help”.

Notice I didn’t get heat shield above burn pot fully seated in…flame escaping both sides. Geddy’s whole head was in the stove when I put it back….😉

IMG_6108.jpeg

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Do you recieve the obligatory kisses at the most inopportune times???
Absolutely!

Even though he's 70 pounds now, he gets in the "front row." Little tough with him right in the middle... ;)