Daily Chuckle

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I actually do that at Sam's club. The difference is I'm pulled up to the pump I'm using.

The pump attendant is pretty strict about the one way traffic through the islands. So I just drag drape the hose over the bed of the truck to reach the filler instead of waiting 20 minutes for a pump on the same side as my filler 😎😎😎😎

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
I actually do that at Sam's club. The difference is I'm pulled up to the pump I'm using.

The pump attendant is pretty strict about the one way traffic through the islands. So I just drag drape the hose over the bed of the truck to reach the filler instead of waiting 20 minutes for a pump on the same side as my filler 😎😎😎😎
If your fuel filler isn't on drivers side, you should reevaluate your vehicle choice. Just my opinion.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If your fuel filler isn't on drivers side, you should reevaluate your vehicle choice. Just my opinion.
My wife's caddy is on the passenger side, and that's one sweet ride! :sneaky:
But then again so is the granny mobile Buick! :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
And my Subaru !!!!
My old Chevy had the filler under the license plate in the center of the car. I loved my 1955 Caddy because back then it was old enough that the kids didn't know where the filler was, and self-service hadn't been invented yet. They would be looking all around the car for the filler until I showed them where it was. You just needed to know how to access it.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I think that was the problem. Everybody's fill is on the same side causing the massive lineup at the appropriate pump (since it's one way). If half the cars had fill on the other side then, presumably, the lines would be equal.
Now, why they won't just open it up for bidirectional traffic is another thing. Sure seems to me that thousands and thousands of gas stations around the country do this without much trouble at all.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
My old dog Freya would do something similar. I'd be sitting there watching TV or something and she would sit in front of me getting pets. She'd sit just out of reach and stare at me like she's begging for food. And every several seconds her eyes would dart to the ceiling right above my head for just a second before looking back at me with those puppy dog eyes. She'd keep doing it until I got annoyed and checked for the spider hanging above my head or whatever she wanted me to think it was. She'd get all excited, like she pulled one over on me... Then it would start again.
I miss her, but, man, was that annoying.

Reactions: 1 user