Kubota emulator

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Yea I am back, your moderators do a shitty job. I came here for help not insults. The emulator came on the tractor directly on the wiring harness. The tractor was at the dealers more than at home. Kubota replaced the reformer 3 times. Fine 5 years was up and they refused to cover it any more. The regional told me that the b3350 was the worst tractor they had made. If you want to call people liars and dispute what is being ask and assault people’s word you should keep your ugly comments to yourself. If you want to help me that would be great. For everyone’s info I bought a new tractor and it was not a kubota. I still have mt b3350su and still working on it.
I have told the truth I have a tractor that I have had to work on all the time so yes your so called contributors darn sure made me mad.. no more b/s remarks only help with the tractor.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
I'm pretty sure the OP will not be back, even though I wish he would.
We would like to help him out the best we can.

He's not happy because we've pointed out that someone has done something that shouldn't have been done.
He's under a false impression that the parts in question are stock part.
Sadly the damage done and it not starting are directly related.
And it's highly unlikely that just replacing the emulator will fix his issue.
He's not going to get help from any reputable dealer because the tractor is now a huge liability.
Altering emissions is a federal crime and the fines for doing it or not reporting it are super steep.

On the other side of the coin, sometimes we got to do what we got to do to keep our equipment running.
If the OP came back and asked some questions and answered some questions we might be able to help him get past this.
Your wrong I know exactly what was done and I am back so your wrong and stupid on two counts.

• Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Can the OP take some pictures of the engine under hood and the wiring harness? Also a good technician can perform repairs to the wiring harness that unless you really studied it you could not tell where or what was repaired. I was once taught that a sign of a good mechanic is that you can not tell what he has fixed. Over the years I have fixed/repaired hundreds of wiring harnesses. Doesn't matter if it was due to rodents, fire, theft, or improper repairs(poor radio installs).
The biggest issue is that I can not find an accurate schematic for the wiring diagram. It would be really helpful to have a ladder diagram of the ecu program I am sure that. Will never happen. I got the tractor to run three days ago thought I had fixed it.. wrapped the wiring harness back up and the darn thing would not do anything except the display would work. I do not mean to be ugly to anyone I came here to get help not to be insulted.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
I undeleted what the OP deleted because there is some value to this thread.
If nothing else it's a warning to others.

This is not a KUBOTA factory part, it was not installed by Kubota Factory, and the possibility that it was installed by a Kubota dealer just baffles my mind as legal ramifications of it are astounding.
You say your not calling me a liar well you are uninformed and wrong, it came from the factory with it. If you do not have a b3350su you can hardly be called a expert on the tractor. So your comments are not welcomed

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
You say your not calling me a liar well you are uninformed and wrong, it came from the factory with it. If you do not have a b3350su you can hardly be called a expert on the tractor. So your comments are not welcomed
Oh by the way I reported your rudeness expect contact from kubota

• Love
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, I don't own a B3350, but tractor data shows ... "The B3350SU Special Utility was a low-cost version of the B3350. It did not have a mid PTO and the hydraulics did not have position control"...., so I assume it has to be very,very similar to the B3350HSDC which kubotabooks does have the WSM posted. I downloaded it, and the electrical section does have the schematic.
There is no connector or mention of that emulator,and a quik scan of the pictures in the engine section don't show the small 'black box' on the engine.

I understand what's inside the Turkish made device(rather simple electronics to me.) and there's no way it left the Kubota factory with it installed. Logically,rationally it doesn't make sense that Kubota would install a foreign made after market device at the factory. Pretty sure they'd have stuff designed,built,tested in Japan,under their control. It'd be interesting to hear from every other B3350Su owner if they have the 'black box' on their engine.Now if the emulator company(sail ??? )would open their books up and search sales records for 2014 (?), it'd be interesting to see who in the USA bought the emulator.It would take less than a minute to see who did.

I am NOT calling you a liar, but I suspect someone, maybe the dealer ?, installed it ,before you bought the tractor knowing that series had 'issues', similar to the VW scandal few years ago.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Hostile much?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
OK, I don't own a B3350, but tractor data shows ... "The B3350SU Special Utility was a low-cost version of the B3350. It did not have a mid PTO and the hydraulics did not have position control"...., so I assume it has to be very,very similar to the B3350HSDC which kubotabooks does have the WSM posted. I downloaded it, and the electrical section does have the schematic.
There is no connector or mention of that emulator,and a quik scan of the pictures in the engine section don't show the small 'black box' on the engine.

I understand what's inside the Turkish made device(rather simple electronics to me.) and there's no way it left the Kubota factory with it installed. Logically,rationally it doesn't make sense that Kubota would install a foreign made after market device at the factory. Pretty sure they'd have stuff designed,built,tested in Japan,under their control. It'd be interesting to hear from every other B3350Su owner if they have the 'black box' on their engine.Now if the emulator company(sail ??? )would open their books up and search sales records for 2014 (?), it'd be interesting to see who in the USA bought the emulator.It would take less than a minute to see who did.

I am NOT calling you a liar, but I suspect someone, maybe the dealer ?, installed it ,before you bought the tractor knowing that series had 'issues', similar to the VW scandal few years ago.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Oh by the way I reported your rudeness expect contact from kubota
I find it funny that you think Kubota has anything to do with this website, it is privately owned website.

You seem awful angry and yes, some posters are not as kind as others, but the information being provided is consistent. I'm sure you have posted on other forums and realize you have a wide variety of posters with very different personalities and communication skills.

With all that being said, multiple people have come to the same conclusion about your situation.

1. You have the dreaded 3350; this engine is known for DPF issues so much so Kubota has discontinued it and offers lifetime coverage on the DPF system
  2. There are WSM out there that cover your tractor and show the electric system; the part you are looking for is not on the schematics because it isn't a factor item
  3. The part you took a picture of is a device that is illegal to use in the US; the opening page makes it sound like a nice device to help reduce errors, yet when you read further, the device is designed to defeat the DPF
  4. Whomever put the device on there, has most likely negated any warranty claim you have on the tractor (full disclosure, not a lawyer, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn)
What you will find, if you hang around long enough, there are a lot of good, knowledgeable people on this forum with a wide array of knowledge that can help with many issues. Yet, as with all forums and in real life, we all communicate a little differently and you take the roughness with good, but you can get the answers you need.

Sadly, I think in this case the answer isn't what you are wanting to hear.

Reactions: 1 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Do we have a button for rudeness reports?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
thank you for your reply. Unless one of the dealerships had a wiring harness custom made with the box connected is the only way what you are saying is true. I an not trying to be ugly but it came in the wiring harness. I have removed all of the covering the harness it is in with all the wires that are in the harness and moves around in thru the intire wiring harness there is no connector and goes to the ecu I have traced them several times. I really do not think it is the problem really but after I reconnected it to the tractor the tractor started. I started and rewrapped the harness with electrical tape and liquid tape the wire I repaired came loose again so close to the board that I could not fix it. That is what started this whole thread. Thank you again I really am grateful for the help. Now that I have bought a new tractor it is no rush I can work on it in my spare time. They total history with this tractor and all the times I have tried to get kubota to fix it would take several pages. I have been an electronic instrument tech for 40 years. It is hard to work on something without the data you need. Thanks again

Last edited:

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Thank you and yes I was angry. I did not get there till I felt I was accused of being a liar. Thank you for returning me and informing me about the group. I have ordered women. Waiting for it. Thanks again

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well the good news is he did get the engine running and the display works !! That alone prove the ECU isn't fried and most of the wiring is 'good'.
Need more info about how/why it stopped running. How old is the fuel ? If more than 1-2 months, I'd drain tank, change filters just to be SURE engine is getting clean fuel. Since these engines had 'problems', maybe marginal fuel can shut it down ? Totally fresh eliminates it as a possible problem.

the emulator probably tied into the CanBUS port,heck even my BX23S has that port ! the emulator simply sends code to the ECU to 'mimic' or 'ghost' a good DPF/emmissions system. $10 chip and 100 lines of code.
I can see the engine shutting down if it 'sees' that the DPF is full or dirty or whatever terms they use for a 'plugged filter'. If it is 'plugged' ,need to be 'regen' or whatever to burn off the crud.

I'm still interested to know WHY it got so dang HOT under the hood. There could be other ,unseen damage, say a bad sensor or damaged part, that has been overlooked ?
Sounds like you're making progress, small steps ,but it is progress

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
The engine was overheating, got that fixed. I read in one of the earlier threads said it had a fuel sensor that had to be replaced, not sure where that is at. I was moving dirt with it an it just died. At one point it had an error 21 on the display discounted each contector and cleaned them with electrical cleaner and the code went away. I needed the tractor. I can work on other peoples stuff for months but when it is mine it really gets to me. Thanks

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Next step drain and remove the fuel and
The engine was overheating, got that fixed. I read in one of the earlier threads said it had a fuel sensor that had to be replaced, not sure where that is at. I was moving dirt with it an it just died. At one point it had an error 21 on the display discounted each contector and cleaned them with electrical cleaner and the code went away. I needed the tractor. I can work on other peoples stuff for months but when it is mine it really gets to me. Thanks
next step is to drain all the fuel and replace the filter.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Well the good news is he did get the engine running and the display works !! That alone prove the ECU isn't fried and most of the wiring is 'good'.
Need more info about how/why it stopped running. How old is the fuel ? If more than 1-2 months, I'd drain tank, change filters just to be SURE engine is getting clean fuel. Since these engines had 'problems', maybe marginal fuel can shut it down ? Totally fresh eliminates it as a possible problem.

the emulator probably tied into the CanBUS port,heck even my BX23S has that port ! the emulator simply sends code to the ECU to 'mimic' or 'ghost' a good DPF/emmissions system. $10 chip and 100 lines of code.
I can see the engine shutting down if it 'sees' that the DPF is full or dirty or whatever terms they use for a 'plugged filter'. If it is 'plugged' ,need to be 'regen' or whatever to burn off the crud.

I'm still interested to know WHY it got so dang HOT under the hood. There could be other ,unseen damage, say a bad sensor or damaged part, that has been overlooked ?
Sounds like you're making progress, small steps ,but it is progress
Actually, no.

The B3350 is mechanically injected and can be made to run without the ECU.

Expect that only after market emulator overheated due to electrical issues.